• Forum membership has its advantages....

Unsportsman Like Conduct- Mike Frye

michael_loomis

Yes... he had removed most stickers from the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dezduster

BTSHANNON.
The passer should not have to risk finding a passing line around a lapped racer nor should they have to wait long for them to pull aside. Nerfing and bump, is a legitimate horn that the punchy chap didn't like or react to properly..
I believe being banned for life is too harsh but that could be overturned if the offender was to change his ways. However some people you just can't reach and if all of the accusations previous to the video are accurate he likely won't change till someone changes him.
Pistol that sponsor is a great gesture, keep that up and someone might say your an ambassador to the sport! I'll just leave that here to ponder.

BANNED4LIFE

BTSHANNON.
The passer should not have to risk finding a passing line around a lapped racer nor should they have to wait long for them to pull aside. Nerfing and bump, is a legitimate horn that the punchy chap didn't like or react to properly..
I believe being banned for life is too harsh but that could be overturned if the offender was to change his ways. However some people you just can't reach and if all of the accusations previous to the video are accurate he likely won't change till someone changes him.
Pistol that sponsor is a great gesture, keep that up and someone might say your an ambassador to the sport! I'll just leave that here to ponder.
im helping the kid because i was DISGUSTED when i saw the vid.....i do whats RIGHT to me, dont really care what others think.....i do NOT want his "spirit" broken because of some dipshit.......

swu chase1

Never thought i would say it. NICE WORK PETE.
and anyone who takes a swing at a paralyzed kid is an ass hole. no questions asked.

Crusty Shellback

Pete, I've never met you, just mooned you as you went by our pit one year at the mint 400.

But I'll give you this, your like me, an old Texan, that just tells it like it is. No BS and who cares what others think as long as it's the truth.

I've seen videos and read of some amazing things you have done for people and kids. Most would never think that you of all people, would do something like that. Keep being yourself.

If I ever meet you in Baja, first round is on me.

Tri406

Was there any instructions at the BITD Silver State 300 about driver conduct on course?

Or any specific mention about driver conduct leading to physical altercations?

I assume there was.

btshannon

I found my old crash helmet this weekend and I thought to my self “why not?”. Yes, I raced.[/QUOTE
I no longer race, but I raced MORE in class 1300 for 5 years and never hit anyone. I also raced in the 2008 & 2009 Mint 400 races. I hung up my helmet in 2011 or so.

I did not say that I would pull out on the course after the leader went through, I was speculating that may have been what the dude in the video was thinking. . . speculating.
View attachment 191467

Did anyone show the video to anyone without explaining the back story???

This continued freak out is really amazing to me. Don't forget about the thumbs down button!!! Have a fun weekend!

Attachments

btshannon

All of those races I was in the driver’s seat.

dan200

#BSF200
www.snoreracing.net/latest-news/357-2019-snore-elections.html. Is the same guy running for a snore office the same guy? How could they even let him run????
Back in August when Nevada politicians screwed us out of more land because of the airport expansion the Clark County Off-Highway Vehicle Advisory Committee was formed. He is part of that group also.

Clark County Commissioners has appointed OHV advisory committee from list of applicants: Off-road committee forms Commissioners created a committee following outcry over their support to develop federal land south of the Las Vegas Valley.

The Clark County Off-Highway Vehicle Advisory Committee will make recommendations to the county commission regarding off-road recreation. In June, enthusiasts complained that federal legislation allowing development on 39,000 acres of federal land would impede on the route of the iconic Mint 400 off-road race.
Commissioners appointed following people to three-year terms: Southern Nevada Off Road Enthusiasts president Kenny Thatcher, SNORE board member Kenny Freeman, former SNORE treasurer Debbie Burgos, Best in the Desert Racing Association operations manager Donald Jackson, Law Powersports owner Charles Law, Dave Desmarais of DesMarais Photography, Michael Frye, Steve Paxton and Ross Williams.

One-Eyed Peter

There’s no place for personal physical violence in racing. None. Not on the track. Not in the pits. Nowhere. Behave like an adult. Follow the rules. Let officials handle things. That’s what protest forms are for. It sets a horrible example for younger racers. Consider the guy who left his car and reached into Tony Stewart’s car on a hot racetrack.

Mxrider99

I finally met him in person... Hes a good dude. Probably just a really bad lack of judgement and a very dumb decision made in the heat of rage. I dont doubt hes a good guy to be representing the sport. Just look at how many cars he fields every race with his family..