• Forum membership has its advantages....

up date on class 9 rules

Kenny_Thatcher

Snore has made an amendment to the claimer rule effective 01/01/02
the new claim rule is this instead of a $1000 it is now $500 and you have to give
your motor to the first place car . once you reach the post tech area you will
not be allowed to leave until the top 5 cars have finished. All engine swaps will
be done in the post tech area. only 2nd thru 5th place finishers can claim the motor
of the first place car again I remind you the if your going to claim the motor of the 1st
place car you must give up your motor to that driver along with $500 bucks cash
remember claimers only get the long block.

also the modifications and the use of aftermarket engine tins will be allowed
as long as they are made of steel and remain in stock apearance

Thank you, Your class 9 reps
Kenny Thatcher and Clay Leonard

mike_hinson

Kenny,
Looks like a good compromise and a good way to make it fair. At least the first place car gets a top five placing motor. Thanks for all your work on this.
Mike

Protech975

Kenny
What about 36 hp type fan shrouds with the Dog house cooler set up.
They never came that way stock but are available in aftermarket?
Would that be considered stock appearance or not? R.S.

mike_hinson

Rob,
I was looking at the SCORE Rule Book last night. It says that heater outlets are optional. I take that to mean under the rule change that if the fan housing is missing the heater outlets, as on a 36HP unit, but has the doghouse on it, it would be legal. I don't see any competitive advantage. The only advantage I see is cost and availability.

When I suggested that the sheet metal rule be loosened up, I wanted to be able to use aftermarket sheet metal and trim it as I see fit. I think that the new Porche style fiberglass units do not belong in Class 9, due to cost and are not being stock in appearance. We'll have to see what SNORE's official position on the use of 36 HP sheetmetal is. I would also like to see what official position MDR takes on this change. My .02.
Mike

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
STILL DON'T LIKE IT, IT SHOULD JUST BE ELIMINATED, AND JUST TEAR DOWN THE MOTORS AS
FAR AS YOU HAVE TO, TO CHECK IT WE HAVE DONE THIS MANY TIME WITH SCORE IN THE PAST
AND THEY DID FIND THE CHEATERS, I ALSO BELIEVE TO PROTEST AN ENGINE YOU SHOULD HAVE
TO PUT UP SOME CASH, IF YOUR WRONG THE ORGANIZATION AND WHOEVER WAS PROTESTED
KEEPS THE CASH, FUD USED TO DO THIS, AND ALSO MADE ALL CARS (9'S) LINE UP BEFORE THE START AND HAD ALL DRIVERS LOOK OVER THEIR COMPETITORS CARS FIRST, IF THERE WERE
NO COMPLAINTS THE RACE WAS ON, IF THERE WAS A COMPLAINT ALL DRIVERS VOTED THEN
AND THERE IF THAT CAR SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO RACE OR NOT, NO WINERS AFTER THE RACE