UP Jump Contest VId

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
Been waiting for Austin to make his big video for the Jump Contest so he could post mine, and since he's too busy with #10 I'll post it. Enjoy...

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.pencilart.com/upjump.wmv>www.pencilart.com/upjump.wmv</A>

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
HAHHAHA sorry #10 has kept me busy lol. I am making it tonight I will have it up later :)

Go Big Or Go Home

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Hey just out of curiosity, was the jump at last years jump contest bigger? I remember it being a tad bigger.

See ya in the dirt!

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
I don't think that it was bigger last year, I just think that people were able to get more speed. Last year Dan Vance started like a 1/4 mile away, where at this years, people had to start around a corner, and then floor it for less than 1/8th of a mile before the jumps. Greg for instance was just hitting 3rd before the jump this year. Last year, he could have been mid third before the jump if he chose to. Thats just my take on it.

"Those who risk nothing are nothing."

singlehanded

Reaction
Do you know how fast people were going when they hit the big one mph? Just curios I' ve jumped my truck a few time mostly out at beumont right side. I usually am in 3 gear redlined around 50mph I think.

local

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
About 50-60 mph, and are you sure you were redlining 3rd at 50mph? thats a very slow speed for redlining in 3rd. My redline speed in 3rd is about 85mph and my 2nd gear redline speed is 60mph.

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
I had my gps in my truck and the fastest I was able to go was 44mph in 2nd gear, resulting in 59.4 feet off the smaller jump

Duct tape is like the Force.It has a light side and a dark side,and it holds the universe together.

Tyson

Reaction
I couldn't get much in the way of speed either, in fact was my first three jumps I was barely pulling 50-55 but then I aired down to 22 PSI and picked up some more traction and so for my last jump I got 65 feet off the small jump going about 60.

Look at me, I can fly

Check It</font color=red>

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
next year if its in the same location, we will have to build the jumps a bit further away from the corner. I know that there was pleanty of landing room. I think that Idealy, you want to have enough runway to get up to the speed you want and hold that speed, and then floor it just off the jump rather than on the gas the whole time. And then have a ton of landing room as well. I think that Rialto has that opertunity and space to accomplish that next year.

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
I am little confused here.. Pat you are always on a tight budget looking for used parts and putting mismatched stuff together but yet you run a "GPS" in your truck. Whats really going on here? :)

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
i was a little curious about that too. That surprised me that you would have a GPS in the truck.

Greg

Reaction
The jumps this year were about the same size as the jumps at Chuck's but the landing was about 2 feet higher than the bottom of the approach. Also, last year there was a longer run to the jumps but there was also a little jog that slowed the trucks way down. Last year off the big jump I went 83 feet but that was at the front tires, this year I went 81ft. and we measured to the rear tires, so i went farther over-all. We are extending the run-off area and will move the jumps farther down, and there will be a big berm to rail from the track we build that should help keep speeds up. As for Pat's truck, the man has his priorities; A/C, P/S, gps, cd, and the ability to carry a tile saw. Keep in mind Pat has like $1500 in his truck and was jumping it when there were $40k+ prerunners in the parking lot that the owners didn't have enough faith in thier trucks to jump. My hat is off to Pat.

Greg

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
Well...Thanks for the compliments. I am indeed on a budget with a wife, 3 kids and a mortage and a live-in mom in-law, yadda yadda yadda. But as for the GPS, my boss bought it for me after telling him about marking the MDR courses, prerunning, chaseing ect, kinda a bonus I guess. It is only a Garmin 12 hand held but works for me. Like many of the Sanford & Son Fabwerks mods I have installed.

As far as my truck goes...after riding a lap with Dan Vance this weekend I soon discovered my truck has a LONG way to go. I never thought a Toyota could be that fast. Dust was the only thing kept us from keeping up with the faster classes. Dan finished first in class. Someday.......maybe......I'll be there.....in the left hand seat.

I guess I am trying to get the point across that you do not have to have a sick-wicked-fabbed-bitchin-chro-moly truck to go out and get dirty. Built it, break it and rebuilt it till it don't break. I / we, all have an adiction and get my fix anyway I can.

P.S. the A/C leaks and the CD player cranks out the tunes through pep-boy 4" speakers and the soild motor mounts make it sound like a messerschmit in full dive. Wanna ride?

Duct tape is like the Force.It has a light side and a dark side,and it holds the universe together.