up time trial

bajakirby23

Reaction
well i think i am the first on back from the time trial i left early. so this is the nws everything was going good, then it was time for the prerunners turn and greg went and then dan half a lap behind. dan began to catch greg on the second lap but was cut short when the left rear tire shered all the studs of and the tire past dan and rolled aceoss the track and hit the water truck WAJ. then about 15 min later justin McNilie in his yellow explorer was starting his lap through the whoops and did a full flip and landed on the tires it was sick all where ok, but pride was hurt o well it happens. i left at 1 so what ever happened after we will half to see.

jeff

Reaction
Dan got the truck fixed (parts courtesy of Duffco I think) and ran without brakes for his final laps. No other major carnage to speak of after 1:pm. The McNeil Explorer needs a transplant - just wait for the video and pictures... it's pretty screwed up. All in all it was a pretty good day. A pretty good turnout and the weather was only a few degrees above perfect.

As always, a big thanks to Greg, Jen, and everyone else that works these events, without them it wouldn't happen.

Aloha

WFODAN

Reaction
Ya A big thanks to Duffco Dan for loaning me his axle . After calling every wrecking yard in the land of the dirt people , Duffco Dan saved our day . Thanks man , that's class !!

As for the McNeil Explorer ............ All I can say is OUCH!!! That was a nasty hit !! The next time someone asks how fast they can run the mogules , I might think about that one before I say " oh ya WFO brother " . All in all I'm glad nobody was hurt . It could've been alot worse !! Trucks are replaceable , but your head isn't . It was kind of cool though how it just sat there on the rear of the truck for about 5 seconds before it finally completed its roll . It even stayed long enough for the windshield to fall out , then completed it's business . Like I said though , the important thing is that everyone was AOK .

I think everyone should get their heads together and come up with some ideas of what they want to see there . This is brand new to everyone , and I believe we all need to take our part to help it grow . Thanks Greg and Jen for going threw the stuff you do to put on all of your events .

RRose

Reaction
Had a great time at the race today. Just wanted to jump on the band wagon for thanks to Greg & Jen and everyone that helps to make the events at ROR possiable.

McNeil..... Like Dan said...... trucks can be fixed..... Glad to see you and your passenger were ok. Hope the shoulder is getting better.

Dan..... fixing the truck in time to keep the points lead!! Strong Work Man!

DuffcoDan

Reaction
thanks dan for the ride in your truck... it really made my day.

We saw some good carnage today... luckily nobody got hurt out there.

very big thanks to greg and jen for putting on such a great event and I hope we can all do whatever it takes to keep it going.

desertracer

Reaction
Just wanted to thank Jen and Greg for putting on such a great event. For our first time out there we love the track and the way everything is set-up. Greg was very helpful and allowed us to do anything to get out there and run. On our first run we were a bit hesitant(sp) because we have never really jumped our car and we didn't know how it would fly. It turned out that it flew pretty well so as the day wore on we tried to pick it up a bit. Hopefully we can make it out there next time and go for some bigger air. On a side note it is funny to sit in the stands area while I watched my dad drive the car out there and hearing all the "bench racers" say how much faster they would drive, wish they only knew how much it costs to fix a wadded up Jimco. At the end, the 6 lap session we had was fun because we were able to get into a pattern. We will hopefully be back out there for the next event.

P.S. Thanks to Steve for the on-board camera shots out there.

bajakirby23

Reaction
yes thank you vary much greg and jen for the good time let me now if you need help for the next event. your my boy greg

SpitDirtCom

Reaction
Great Time out there. Thanks and Great Job Greg and Jen. I will have over 100 pics on my site by monday night. Can't wait for the next event. Maybe my Toyota will be fixed by then to race it.

MaxDemian

Reaction
Ive got about 85 pics, id have them up already but my hosting is down so i'll get them up ASAP.

gary

Reaction
Another big thanks to greg and jen for putting on an awesome event. you guys are under appreciated and over worked....

seemed like a smaller turn out than previous events of both racers and spectators...i know it was hot, but aren't we desert race fans???

we got the carnage on video, we'll get it up asap...having camera download issues...if anyone wants to host the video clips, please let me know...i know we have the mcneil crash (ouch...), dan's wheel coming off and his dogwalk down the access road behind the viewing area, and various other clips. we also got a cool picture of dan wheelieing thru the whoops, with the prerunners.com sign perfectly readable underneath him...kinda looked planned, but it wasnt (by us or dan)...

also want to give a big thanks to belden, for giving my pop a ride...he talked about it all the way home ("it was so floaty and smooth and powerful"), and he couldnt wipe the smile off his face...and how cool was it that he flipped the double bird out the window over the jumps in front of the spectators just like the other co-drivers/passengers did???? i couldnt stop laughing....jack & cokes are on me at Primm, bel....

all in all, a great day again.

drtdevil93

Reaction
thanks for the ride greg. you always manage to scare me one way or another. going through the whoops was just something else. ill get you your 5th point (crotch strap) back one of these days.

erik

motoxscott

Reaction
Once again a great event. It was nice having a smaller group there than the usual jump contest gathering. You know the die-hard fans come out to all the events, not just the ones to cheer people on to break their trucks.

Thanks to Bill and all the class one #112 crew for letting Steve get some in car footage.

Good job Greg & Jen !!!

-Scott

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Scott, some of us have kids and have other things to do rather then make every event held.

Greg

Reaction
Another event has come and gone. I really like doing the time trials, they are the most fun for me to put together, most work too, but worth it. First a quick round of thanks to , Fabtech and AutoTrader for promoting the track. And to the people behind the sceens (in no particluar order) Dmz Tim, Boss Shawn, Aloha Jeff, Svo Steve, S10 Alex, Elca Eric, Belden, JJ, Brad, Ryan and the firefighter crew, Chuck Strange, Aunt Ada, Big Dipper water trucks, Darin, and Steven, Deanna, Frankie, and Felicia. And thankyou to all the racers and spectators who come out and want to see this happen and keep it going. It was certainly hot out there, but it didnt seem as hot as the jump champs, the course is really starting to stay together (remember d-day last october?) and its getting better all the time. The day started a bit slow, with the buggies having problems, but the trucks ran great as usaual. I missed dan's wheel flying off 'cause I was busy catching up to him (but hey, he got it back together), I heard Rose was smooth through the whoops, finally getting that truck dailed in. Falzone really looked good too. And Russel from Cage Creations was smoking with the I beamed yota. Craig has to be mr. consistancy. And seeing the explorer go over, im just glad everyone is ok. The Jimco was really nice too, got faster every lap. The points race is getting interesting too, i belive Dan and Craig are tied, Hasbrook has Hampton on his heels, round three should be really good. We are gonna do a few things to help get more organized, roll-call at the drivers meeting (if you dont show, you dont run) and we are working on getting transponders (so i can more accuratly beat dan). The best news is that we want to run head to head, we have insurance to make it happen, but we really want to get the prerunner crowd out there I think the course is a bit rough and narrow to have a bunch of short-course cars right now, but i could be wrong), we were thinking about doing eliminations, like 3 start, the 2 winners move on to the next round. Any suggestions are welcome and we'd love to hear them either here or in e-mail. I have also laid-out another track that is about 1.5 times longer that our current one and is actually much faster (it uses about 1/3 of the existing track), I want to get it ready by d-day in oct but im not sure if it'll happen by then, but next year for sure. Thanks again to all who come out and support the track, you are appretiated.

mattrick8888

Reaction
greg, i think a longer track would be cool for head to head competition, i have heard many people say that on the current track, it is all about who can go through the whoops faster because after the first turn there is no real opportunity to pass. a longer track would be cool for the higher reving cars and trucks letting them get into their powerband. it seemed like that class 1 with the sprint car motor could never get into its power band on the shorter twistier course.

i have not been on the track since last d day when i ran my truck until yesterday when i rode in kevins yota, it has gotten alot better, the thing i noticed the most was how well the turns are set up now, big improvment.

one last thing i will say for sepectating- if you are up on the hill there is a tree on the track side of the fench that blocks the view of the start, half of the whoops, and the first jump. if it was cut down and some sort of overhang was put up to provide the shade the tree gave, it would allow more visibility of the track.

all in all good job as usual and keep it up.

Steve_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
Another great day Greg and Jen. Thanks!!! Let us know when you need help out at the track I am sure there are a bunch of people that would be willing to move dirt around for you guys. These events are getting more fun and the drivers seem to be learning the track more and more and they are getting faster. Thanks to all the racers for putting on a great show and to Bill and crew for letting me get some great on board footage of their #112 Jimco car.

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
Greg,

head to head would be sweet and i think that would draw alot of spectators. im really thinking about finishing my s10 and run it in time trials and building a yota for short course stuff. im sure there are a few guys who dont mind bangin fenders out there but only thing i can see is if someone nerfs someone and one way or another something gets screwed up the "looser" might be pissed but thats racing.

what are you thinking as far as head to head? prolites? or like another form of racing where the budjet (sp) could be limited a little?

Gregg