Update on rider for Q11?

bobylax

Reaction
Just wondering if anyone had a status or update for the rider on Q11 from the 250 this weekend? Thoughts and prayers for a great outcome and speedy recovery, and for his team, family and friends!!

El Mamito USMC

Reaction
last thing I saw was that he had a head injury but I haven't seen anything new on fb. If I see something ill fwd it

bobylax

Reaction
last thing I saw was that he had a head injury but I haven't seen anything new on fb. If I see something ill fwd it
Thanks Mamito! I know one of the riders from that team, but don't know who was on the bike at the time of the crash. Heard it was touch and go as they life flighted him out.

El Mamito USMC

Reaction
Thanks Mamito! I know one of the riders from that team, but don't know who was on the bike at the time of the crash. Heard it was touch and go as they life flighted him out.
stand by for update...

""2022- From Trent fb page=Steve is on West Valley medical on McDowell. His brother Chad is the main POC please don't call the hospital for info. His surgery was successful but he needs all the help he can get. ""

he has some fund raising link on the his fb but I can copy them here for some reason..

Last edited:

Hayward Racing

Reaction
Sad to hear about this I'm hoping for the best!

Per @trentk

"Update from 11am today from Heather Chapman. . His neurosurgeon saw him around 11 today and is optimistic about how well his brain is healing; hematoma is gone and swelling has decreased, but he's still in a coma. Which unfortunately isn't so much medically induced now. But he is responsive to our presence; touching, and talking... And of course the pinching from his nurses that he just loves so much! (But not really. Lol) so all in all, he is doing better. So definitely keep the prayers coming, they are working!

Update 822pm Steven Parkerson is at West Valley medical center on McDowell. His brother chad is the point man please don't call the hospital for info. His surgery was successful but he needs all the help he can get. The waiting room is full of family and friends.

He crashed at parker 250."

Click the pic link below for Steve's GoFundMe page

T-Shirts on Booster

#STEVENSTRONG Booster Fundraiser

Last edited:

trentk

Reaction
I am keeping my facebook post updated with latest info once his family shares something for public.
As of right now he is in a coma, he has one injury but it is a head injury. he is in rough shape and needs all the help he can get.

His medical bills are also going to be huge so I am going to try some fundraising for him.

thanks,
Trent

Fourstroker

Reaction
Was this out near Shea Rd? If so it was alarming how long the medivac chopper was on the ground. We feared the worst but didn't want to head over and get in the way of the first responders. Glad to hear it wasn't what we thought. Keep the updates coming

OldStroppeTeam

Reaction
If any of the racer assistance organizations can provide their contact information, I can pass it on to the family..
My number is 928-916-1394, text or call.

Thanks
Karl

trentk

Reaction
yes it was near shea rd.

I just submitted requests for aid to FAST Aid and Rider Down.org Thank you.

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Reaction
Was this out near Shea Rd? If so it was alarming how long the medivac chopper was on the ground. We feared the worst but didn't want to head over and get in the way of the first responders. Glad to hear it wasn't what we thought. Keep the updates coming
Please know there are reasons why they were on the ground as long as they were. There were many medical interventions that needed to be in place prior to him being stable enough to even put in the helicopter. Continued prayers for Steven-

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Reaction
Just wondering if anyone had a status or update for the rider on Q11 from the 250 this weekend? Thoughts and prayers for a great outcome and speedy recovery, and for his team, family and friends!!
Hey Bobby,

I heard some encouraging news on Steven today. I am hopeful for an even better day tomorrow.

bobylax

Reaction
Hey Bobby,

I heard some encouraging news on Steven today. I am hopeful for an even better day tomorrow.
That's awesome Dave! Thanks for the update, keep us posted.

trentk

Reaction
All the updates are on this facebook page, please "like" it
STEVENSTRONG

also working with AZOP to have some raffles at this months Vulture Mine race.

Attachments

• Steven Parkerson Flyer.jpg
    Steven Parkerson Flyer.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 161

trentk

Reaction
we will be doing fundraising for steven at this race at the end of the month. it is an awesome race.

trentk

Reaction
Steven has been in a waking coma the past week or so but he gets better everyday. I visited him last night and he was whisper talking a little bit and he was using jargon that was definitely the old him. During PT he walked to the end of the hall and back and fed himself ice cream.

His feeding tube and trache tube will be removed as soon as his throat is stronger. He is being transferred to a rehab facility today.

The raffles at last weekends race raised over $2000 and the BITD raffle is up to $1800 so far.

bobylax

Reaction
That's awesome news! How'd you guys do with the BITD raffle?