• Forum membership has its advantages....

Update to Classifieds

Prater

Recently the classifieds aren't being updated every day. Is there a problem or are you implementing a new version?

-Prater

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
I think John and Klaus have just been busy lately.

Kris

When in doubt, GAS IT!

John Bitting

Administrator
I have actually been updating them twice a day we have been getting so many of them. Almost 30 a day. I have another 30 I have to check out later on today... If you placed an add Friday or Saturday I guarantee it is up. It might be back a few pages now. What did you place??

Prater

I didn't post anything, I'm looking to start a project truck and I scan the classifieds every morning looking for deals.

-Prater

evan_clanin

i think you guys should make some changes...like only alowing people to post with there email or u have to log in with a email..non of this crap that happend to the poor guy with the 95 ranger...that was a bit outa line!..just my 2 cents..it proboably doesnt mean much but oh well

John Bitting

Administrator
I personally think we should take the classifieds down altogether.. It is a something we put in place for people to use for free and people are abusing it so, We have any other choice. I should not have to delete 65 stupid comments off a guys truck. The truck is fine. If you dont like it, dont buy it, Plain and simple. Changes will be made soon... I am sure you guys will see the changes.. Those classifieds are super successful and it targets the perfect market. I think a lot of people would be pissed if we shut it down but it has been out of control for a while now...

mike_hinson

Why not leave the classified section in place, but eliminate the comment section. I a submitter wants a response, they should leave their tel number or email address. Hopefully that would eliminate a lot of your work. The classified section is a very valuable service to the legitimate users. Keep up the good work. The whole site is solid gold. Mike

robert_encinas

i agree eliminate the comment section. if you have something to say about it e-mail the seller.or make it so only registered users can post ads and comment as well.

sirhk100

I look at them all the time just outta curiosity and to drool and honestly I never even noticed a comments section. I guess I need to look harder. Anyways, please make any changes necessary but don't take them down. I'm going to start keeping my eyes open for suspension parts, specifically 14" stroke coilovers around mid Nov. and that's honestly the only place I know of to look for them. Do you guys know of other good places to look for high end used racing quality parts? Papers, shops with boards around San Diego/Orange County, websites, etc....?
Khris

'99YZ400,
'92 Ford Exploder lifted work in progress,
lifted golf cart

sirhk100

Okay, I just went and looked, duh, I'm blind!!! Anyways, yeah, you guys should just do away with the comments section. If the seller wants to entertain questions they need to have a phone # or email posted!!
Khris

'99YZ400,
'92 Ford Exploder lifted work in progress,
lifted golf cart

Junior

I am also for making whatever changes necessary to make it easier for the RDC crew and keeping the feature running.

1980 JEEP CJ-5
1987 Power Ranger prerunner
1994 F-350 4x4 Doublecab
1986 Suzuki LT-50 quad
1980 Schwinn beach cruiser
1990 Coleman camp stove
1975 Coleman lantern.......................

Junior
EJR Racing #244

evan_clanin

i agree it should be kept running..but maby along the lines of registered users only..and maby that will keep people honest and keep the site from baby sitting the jr high kids after school!

gary

just my opinion, but i say dump the comments section. if anyone has a question for the seller, they can contact that person by email or phone #. the comments sections are filled up by a-holes 95% of the time anyways. otherwise, the classifieds are great. RDC boys, don't make it any extra work for yourselves...just dump the trouble causing area....
this site is still the best around, and i hate when a few dumbasses come on and cause trouble for the rest of us.

John Bitting

Administrator
We are not going to get rid of the Classifieds. I was just playing.. We will check and see if the script can be modified so that no comments are left. We will let you guys know. They are too successful to remove.. I sold my truck on them and have bought many parts for my bronco off of them. Where else would I look?? There is nothing else out there... Thanks for all of the input. We care about what the readers think. It is you guys that make the page what it is.. Without you guys we would have a pretty boring page with good pictures.. Thanks.