Updated pics of our project ranger

Brice

Reaction
its ranger glass, 10" wider on each side

its overall 6'' wider per side. 19" of travel. w/ limiting straps prolly 18. Hopefully it wont look rediculous because the glass is gonna cover up the tires.

Attachments

SpareChangeRacng

Reaction
Yeah what year cab style do the fenders fit, and what year grille, etc are you running? I am planning on making some fenders that wide because I couldn't find anybody that makes some. I've been so busy though I've only been able to gather some of the supplies. If the ones you have will fit my truck (89 cab running 98 front end) I might be interested in a set. Steve

Just4Fun

Reaction
Just wondering why you didn't build a double sheer upright and junk the spindle?
Jason
P.M. Fabrication

Brice

Reaction
ya we are kicking oursaelves now for not doing it. def would have been owrth the work. o well when the spindle breaks we'll just have to make a whole new front end. centermounted a arms, 25'' of travel

Brice

Reaction
the glass is made by [erry mcniels nephew. he has afab shop by off the hook(jesus i've seen some S-H-I-T-T-Y stuff come outta there
). we will be using the stock grill and widening a stock bumper to fit the fenders. should look badass.

SpareChangeRacng

Reaction
Is it Chad McNeil then (I know he has a shop right next to Perry's), and can I have the contact info please? Steve

shrek

Reaction
Why did you not flange and bolt the shock tower support?? Never plan on doing an engine?? knock on wood.......

Shrek

Brice

Reaction
decided to be lazy and wait til we need to do something internally to cuz and flange the engine cage.

Brice

Reaction
trailing arms

close up of shock mounts
front mounts

In_the_works

Reaction
I may not know what I'm talking about, but the lower shock and C/O bolt holes on your lower links look like they're a little too close to the end of the plate (i.e. not much material strength). Am I wrong?

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
as long as limit straps are used in a different location it is OK.

michael_loomis

Reaction
i dont know ... i agree with in the works especially if there over the center line as they appear to be .

SLR

Reaction
I just finish fixing a set of lower links with a similar design. Your Material looks a little thin around the shock radius, I would recommend adding a gusset similar to my attached photo. Add some material and run it>>>>>SLR

Brice

Reaction
thanks for the replys. ya we will be welding sleeves onto those holest. the plate is doubled up. its actually pretty thick, its just decieving in the pic. we will also be webbng the ends of the mounts.