• Forum membership has its advantages....

Updates on Parkhouse wreck

Bdub 1020

The only thing that should really matter right now is the condition of those involved in this accident. Has off road racing in Baja became Its just part of racing when this happens. So fricken sad it just takes all the fun right out of it to me. God bless the Parkhouses and those involved and I hope this was not the spot where racers were saying this section should be changed.

cosmo

Super Moderator
Unless you have 100% knowledge of the accident and those involved, please don't post anything. Nobody needs to hear " I heard that.....". Second hand knowledge is garbage.Pray for those injured.

blue dog

Read somewhere else, 2 sent to SAN Diego by helicopter . Did not say who.

I wish all the best.

Kyle D

I think we all saw the pictures and should only be hoping for the best for all involved. Agreed, not the time or place for speculation.

nickybobby333

My prayers go out to all racers and families from yesterday. This sport is becoming scarier and scarier every year, and I hope everybody involved is able to walk away and get behind the wheel again.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Chas Moore

Cody's codriver is posting that he is home and okay. Cody is still in hospital condition unknown

MasTacos

From the FB pictures, it looks like it was a really bad accident. Good thoughts out to Mark Luhtala & team as well!

BajaFand

Was the Parkhouse driver cut out of the car? Or was the cage opened up from the collision?

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Bdub 1020

As I go to bed tonight. I kissed my 34 year old son and my 5 year old granddaughter I cant help but say another prayer for the Parkhouse family. Buggydorks rule

randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
So, how's the driver/co-dawg of the Spec truck??

blue dog

I looked at those pics again this morning. Pics of the spec truck need no words.

I want to once again send my best wishes for all involved.

JDDurfey

What makes me sad is that this wreck could have been avoided. I posted over in the race day thread about this, but now it is buried several pages back.

In 05 the course ran up the wash into San Matais and then went to Mike's. The course crossed the highway and went to the south of the village in a wash and road that runs at an angle to the Mike's road. It joins Mike's road at toward the end of the first straight away. This year the traffic coming from Mike's could have used this route and merged onto the pavement and it would have been the same scenario as the bottom of the hill where the course left the pavement in both directions.

If SCORE had used this route the two way traffic could have been avoided. Maybe the land owner would not allow it. Or maybe they didn't ask, I don't know. What I do know is that two way race traffic on the highway could have been avoided.

Prayers for all involved.

offroadracer516

Co riders are stable. Truck driver is not out of the woods yet. Long list of injuries. And no info on cody.

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Cody is a fantastic person and racer. Proud to call him a friend. My thoughts are with the entire Parkhouse Family and Team.

I do not know the truck drivers and team as well as I do Cody and the Parkhouse Family, but my thoughts are with them as well. I can not imagine the pain they are going through.

Last edited: