updates on tt250

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Just got back from work, I left at 12:30 when Baldwin passed us at RM 144. Jeffries looked HOT. Dondel out at pit 2, never saw the avalance TT other than the start, same with the superknife truck. Heard over the radio that the Herbst TT had fuel pump problems, fell behind at RM 45, but was on it past us at RM 144. The TSCO car looked good all day. What happened to Taylor? we saw him at RM 45 lookin good, but didnt see him after that. Coyne TT was in front at RM 45, but never saw him again. Steinberger didnt show.

LVprerunners.com

elcaprerunner

Just got home from the race. Jeffries won Trick Truck, Dickerson won Protruck. When we were at pit 5 the top five TT's were Jeffries, Baldwin, Herbst, Dirks&Porter, and Cummins, Taylor was a little farther back. Don't know what happened to Skilton in the Kia after pit 3, but when he passed at pit 3 he was in the top five. Saw Troy in the Truggy at pit 3 but never saw him after that. At pit 7 Ebberts stopped and shut off the car, don't know what happened to him cause we were gone soon after and we did not see him the rest of the race. Not sure of the official finish of Kyle, but I think around 5th. Never saw the Avalanche or the Superknife truck all day. Coyne was leading just after pit 1, but we never saw him after that, and we stayed a while at pit 2. All in all, a good race, my first point to point, and I have to say it was excellent.

H.O.R.E.
Hemet Off-Road Enthusiasts

rdc

sweet race, I love this race, people say there arent good spots to watch, I say Hah!, you can stop anywhere on the side and watch, and the BLM doesnt care, as long as your not over the fence, and they run right along next to it some times. I was gonna goto crystal, NV for the infamous jump, but I had to be at work by 3pm.

LVprerunners.com

ACID_RAIN28

I heard of and have seen the video of the crystal jump, but is it on the way out or on the way back that they hit it. Ran into that problem today right of the bat, was at a pretty cool section right off of the 160 set up with camras and some race dezert media folks were there, only to find that we were in a return section, bummer. I Think the BITD races are like huge MDR races with the leniancy(sp) about spectating, I am not even sure what the pit passes are for? Went all day in the RENT A Race Dakota with out problems.

"Everything you do is triggered by an emotion of either desire or fear."

rdc

The crystal jump is on the way back, around RM 200 i think. I would think it would get smaller over the years, but it seems to get bigger. Yeah they dont check Pit passes, and they run it so close to the highway, you can park, and walk to view/film. They seem strict in certain areas about spectating, but VERY lax in other areas.

LVprerunners.com

NOODLE

Taylors finished 7th. Looked like it was going to be a great day up to pit 1. He was already 1st after starting 5th. About 100 yards past pit 1 front tire flat. Began to radio soon of possible transmission problems. He limped into 2 where he was down for a total of 23 minutes while a new transmission went in. 19 minutes for the transmission 4 for other stuff. He was back up and runnin FAST.The new transmission lost 1st very quickly but kept runnin strong. More tire problems crept up w/ two more flats but other than that the truck ran good.. transmission F#$k up aside, it was a succesfull day. Not a great day as no win but still 1st or 2nd in points chase.

elcaprerunner

Is the jump in Crystal NV the one that Craig Turner wrecked on a couple of years ago? Or is it this one pictured below? Or is this one, and the jump Turner wrecked on the same jump??

H.O.R.E.

rdc

no the pics that bob posted are not from crystal. if you goto off-road.com and see the pics of the yellow class one and the vid, those are from crystal.

LVprerunners.com

pjc

Chairman
Where is that jump in the photo above. What was the racemile?

Thanks

PJCinLV

ACID_RAIN28

Elca - crystal is a big roller jump, it was in the videos from last year. Remember how we didn't see Dondel all day, turns out 20 miles out, lost a tire, truck came off of the jack, as well as the tire was wraped around the A-arm, so they packed it up and went home.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Dondel came through pit 1on the gas...locked up the brakes less then 10ft from the ending pit marker, backed up a few feet intoour pit and gave up. He looked very pissed. He pulled the truck onto the highway and it must have been 2 hours before anybody came to get him. The truck looked real good, but the down time from the flat must have discouraged him.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

Sonervous

THE JUMP I TOOK THAT PHOTO AT IS ABOUT ONE AND A HALF MILES NORTH OF WHERE CRAIGS ROLLOVER WAS. I THINK ABOUT RACE MILE 200 NOT SURE.

THANKS,
BOB BOWERS...
DIRTWORKS FILMS...

Bolca_Grande_II

Re: Dondel Flat Tire

What's up with Dondel pulling out of the race because they were not in contention to win? I hate to hear stuff like this especially that early in the race. Based on the low finishing rate of the TT's they may have placed and got some good testing done. Heck Dale Ebberts rolled two different times and still went on to finish.

Bolca Grande II

pjc

Chairman
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

THE JUMP I TOOK THAT PHOTO AT IS ABOUT ONE AND A HALF MILES NORTH OF WHERE CRAIGS ROLLOVER WAS. I THINK ABOUT RACE MILE 200 NOT SURE.

<hr></blockquote>

Wierd. I drove the race course from the highway where it goes through the old rock quarry all the way to the crystal rollers (20+ miles) and did not see anything that I thought was a decent photo spot. If any of you have a map and an exact race marker please reply. Thanks

PJCinLV

Mike_McCluskey

The Dondels were also experiencing brake problems. They lost them while trying to get by the Baldwin TT. Not fun to drive something that fast without brakes.

ACID_RAIN28

You hafta know dale to understand him and why he turn in the towel early. He was VERY under staffed that weekend, but only by his own fault. The only ones there helping him was Nye, (Derek, Jason, local hemet boys) and three girls, so pit response time was not so hot, as well as nye not being able to contact dale via the radio what so ever. The tire ripped the brakes apart on the truck.

elcaprerunner

Yes Dave, I don't recall seeing Dale throughout the whole race. It must have taken a long time to get Dale because it wasn't till about 2:15 or 2:30 when we saw Dale's Excursion towing the trailer with the truck in it on 160, we were at pit 9 when we saw that.

Couple other questions, anybody know what happened to the Avalanche? We never saw it all day. Leaving pit 5 we saw one of thier chase trucks getting off the highway and onto the graded road going toward pit 5, at that point he must have been way more than an hour behind Jeffries. Also, we never saw the Superknifes truck either ( ex-Robby Gordon La Victoria Ranger TT), anybody know what happened to them?

H.O.R.E.

AllwaysRcn

They both came through pit 5 after the stock mini's. Along with Coyne and the Kia.