Uploading course map to Handheld Garmin 62s

nickybobby333

I have been working on this for the past two days and struggling and I cant find and help online. Can anybody shed some light on how to upload the 500 GPS files onto the Garmin? I have tried both the USB and memory card.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

PCI Race Radios

I have been working on this for the past two days and struggling and I cant find and help online. Can anybody shed some light on how to upload the 500 GPS files onto the Garmin? I have tried both the USB and memory card.

Give us a call at the office. We can help you out. 562-427-8177

bajafox

Accepted
I also tried to upload it on my Garmin Nuvi 2797 (hand me down) and for the life of me could not figure it out.

I was eventually able to upload it using a POI loader and it said I successfully uploaded something like 268 POIs but cant see them on the GPS. Im assuming Im not close enough for the POIs to show?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

nickybobby333

Yeah I got mine from amazon used, and tried searching everywhere on the internet and I could only really find info to upload a purchased map.

Chainguide

Ok I will try to explain this from memory but I'll probably leave something out, so hopefully you'll get the intent.

Go to Garmin's website and download the free Basecamp program here.:
BaseCamp™ | Garmin | United States
Make sure you have saved the "file name".GPX file on your computer in a folder that you can easily find again. Plug in your Garmin to your computer via usb cable. Open the Basecamp program and open the "file name" .GPX file. Click on it and it should show on your screen. Then select "export" in the device menu to load the course file to your device. It works best for me not to have a background map overlay because it makes it harder to see the course with all the confusion. The basic GPS should show major hwys and major dirt roads already. I have attached the 2017 Baja 500 course file from SCORE to make it easier for you.

Attachments

nickybobby333

Ok I will try to explain this from memory but I'll probably leave something out, so hopefully you'll get the intent.

BaseCamp | Garmin | United States
Make sure you have saved the "file name".GPX file on your computer in a folder that you can easily find again. Plug in your Garmin to your computer via usb cable. Open the Basecamp program and open the "file name" .GPX file. Click on it and it should show on your screen. Then select "export" in the device menu to load the course file to your device. It works best for me not to have a background map overlay because it makes it harder to see the course with all the confusion. The basic GPS should show major hwys and major dirt roads already. I have attached the 2017 Baja 500 course file from SCORE to make it easier for you.
You're the man, thank you. I'll give it a go when I get home

bajafox

Accepted
I got all the way to "export" but do not see the map on my GPS.

Any thoughts? Or steps I might have missed? I can see it on Basecamp

bajafox

Accepted

BaseCamp | Garmin | United States
Once the map is successfully uploaded should I be able to view it on the GPS? (Stupid question Im sure) Ive tried about 3 different ways to send it to the device but still cant see it on there.

Maybe Im missing something on the device itself?

Chainguide

Once the map is successfully uploaded should I be able to view it on the GPS? (Stupid question Im sure) Ive tried about 3 different ways to send it to the device but still cant see it on there.

Maybe Im missing something on the device itself?

I had to go into the GPS menu screen on the device itself and locate the files in the track manager folder. I had to toggle on "show on Screen" or something to that effect.