UPR Racing Supply at V2R, free trail bag and other cool deals

Jeff Furrier

ADVERTISER
Reaction
To help keep the desert clean from Vegas to Reno, UPR with the help of some very generous sponsors will be supplying 600+ trail clean up bags to be given to the teams. The 27x40” bags are made from heavy duty burlap and will include a carabineer to attach it to your rig. We should be able to give each team at least 2 bags and will have the bags on the trailer during contingency.

The Trail bags should help show the critics that off roader racers are serious about keeping the trails clean and open.

Thanks to the sponsors that made this possible-
Fabtech, BullyDog, Torchmate, VisionX, Race Dezert, Oakley, Sparco, Desert Rat Off Road Centers.

All of these companies jumped on the deal without hesitation, they all care very much about the keeping the sport alive, so let’s show our support by using the bags!

Durka will have his eye out and will be shooting bags in use to show what the racers are doing with their trash. If we get some pictures and we’ll have a contest/poll after the race and for the best pictures of bags being used or abused (use your imagination, but that burlap is probably a little itchy!).

Here’s the bag-

We’ll have our usual parts on the truck at contingency, all safety gear like suits, shoe, gloves, head and neck restraints. We have stock most brand helmet shields and we’ll have catheters too.

If you have not used Shield Savers in the past, you should try them for this race, it will be like having a new shield every day.

Some special deals on the trailer-
Ringers Mechanic glove specials $5.00,$10.00, $15.00 and $20.00
Ringers Crew shoes $39.95
Ringers DriverX CarbonX race gloves, $49.95
Sparco and Alpinestars suit specials
Free Koozies(as always)

Give us a call 800 438 5872 or email us at sales@upr.com if you want to preorder or have something specific set aside for your team.

OldStroppeTeam

Reaction
I'll take a one to hang at my First Aid stations the first two days......If the racers let me stay stationary for long enough !!! If they don't I hope they are wearing everything they should !! (From UPR ,,,OF COURSE !)

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
AWESOME idea!!!... thanks to the guys over at UPR for always steeping up !!!!

Stone Crawler

Reaction
Love it! I have wanted to do something like that for years at Easter Jeep Safari.

You guys gonna have any Nomex socks. I seem to keep losing one:D

CHASER

Reaction
GREAT idea Jeff! Hope everyone puts them to use. Please everyone leave the Dez cleaner than you found it.

bobylax

Reaction
Will bags be available to non-teams? We're working the course, but would like to grab a couple to clean up around our check points. Will you be set up on Tuesday afternoon? Great job on comming up with these!!

jbarker@banks

Reaction
What he said! Any chance the pit captains and course workers can get their hands on some as well? Be nice to have when we walk the pit after the race:D

Tipracer

Reaction
Excellent job jeff, great way to show that dezert racers are environmentally conscious...

Jeff Furrier

ADVERTISER
Reaction
We guessed at the numebr of bags based on the entry estimates from Casey, but we'll try to get something worked out for the workers and report back.
If there's extra bags, we obviously want to see them full of trash!

This was our idea, but without the help from support Bully Dog, FabTech, VisionX, Oakley, Sparco, Torchmate, RDC and Desert Rat there's no way we could have afforded to do this.
The response has been good, so we're hoping we can get some bags done for SCORE Primm and the Mesquite race too.

We have a guy putting the gromets in the now, he's a little grumpy to say the least....!

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Thanks UPR and all the other sponsors that stepped up. Lets keep our desert clean. Even cleaner than when we came in. If you see an old beer can or bottle, pick it up.
Thanks to the sponsors that made this possible-
Fabtech, BullyDog, Torchmate, VisionX, Race Dezert, Oakley, Sparco, Desert Rat Off Road Centers

Last edited:

Jeff Furrier

ADVERTISER
Reaction
The response was great on the Trail Bags; we gave away about all of them to racers with the exception of the ones that went to BITD for the workers. We had to leave Thursday AM for another event, but assume they got put to good use.

I’d say our only problems were that people wanted to hang them up in their garage instead of getting them dirty, and keeping Tim hydrated while he was handing them out!

Thanks again to Torchmate, Bully Dog, FabTech, VisionX, Oakley, Sparco, RDC and Desert Rat for making it all possible, we hope to do it again soon.

OldStroppeTeam

Reaction
I lined mine with a regular plastic trash bag, and hung it it the side of my truck... The liner (and trash) got tossed, the burlap sack will be used again and again !

Thanks Jeff and all the Sponsors !!

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Jeff,

Great idea, glad I got my hands on one and proudly displayed it at my booth. There were a lot of people trying to buy it from me...no go. I'll be bringing this bag to all the desert races and placing a trash bag inside it to keep it clean. KUDOS to all your sponsors for making that happen.