• Forum membership has its advantages....

US based racing

ebbivv

I'm frustrated, I wish to do the 2019 NORRA Mexican 1000 and their website is almost useless in regard to useable information for the newcomber. Anyone with info please help. As for the Mexican 1000 I'm looking for logistical information, such as how would an east cost rider plan and execute the journey, Rent a vehicle? take your own? where to go? how to get there? actual location to drive to? etc... There is ZERO info on the most basic of travel info on their site. I can see how to register but that is it, am i supposed to have a majic carpet for the trip, maybe wave my wand to get my bike there? lol , I'm fully prepped as far as equipment and ability, but i need to get there, any info would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Ed

Wendell #527

I’m not dure what you expect them to do. The M1K is a great race. They don’t know the course yet, so they can’t tell you that part of the logistics. They will start in Ensenada and end 5 days later in Los Cabos or somewhere close to that. They will not transport your bike anywhere so you’ll need to do all that. They will feed you one good and fun meal a day but you’ll need to count on your own crew for food. Mag 7 can help but count on your own crew of 2 or 3 pit crews of your own if you can. They can leapfrog every day so you don’t need 19 pits like the B1K. NORRA does not rent vehicles or take care of you like you’re suggesting. They just put the race on. There are companies that rent vehicles but you say you’re prepared as far as equipment and ability. What specifically is your question?

dirtslinger

Short answers:
Rent or drive? Drive your own, no rental, but I'm sure you could find someone renting race vehicles
Where to go? Go to Mexico, Ensenada to be exact for the start
How to get there: Looks like 3 different routes available, I-40W to the 15S to border, I-40W to the 10W, or the I-80W to the 15S, but thats only if you're in NY.
Actual Location to drive to: Ensenada Baja California for the start, then to Cabo for the finish.
No, Magic (majic) carpets are not legal in any of the NORRA classes.
Yes ,wave your wand, or load your bike in a truck or van.

There is plenty of information available from past races to see how it works, a basic route from Ensenada to Cabo, logistics, etc.......

AZ7000'

RedRide

I'm frustrated, I wish to do the 2019 NORRA Mexican 1000 and their website is almost useless in regard to useable information for the newcomber. Anyone with info please help. As for the Mexican 1000 I'm looking for logistical information, such as how would an east cost rider plan and execute the journey, Rent a vehicle? take your own? where to go? how to get there? actual location to drive to? etc... There is ZERO info on the most basic of travel info on their site. I can see how to register but that is it, am i supposed to have a majic carpet for the trip, maybe wave my wand to get my bike there? lol , I'm fully prepped as far as equipment and ability, but i need to get there, any info would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Ed
Did you email them?

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

paranoid56

most off road racing is super super behind the times on anything "online" its crazy.
having to email or send in paper registration is a old way of doing things that needs to change.

Bro_Gill

Why? Seems they get plenty of entries the 'old fashioned way' and I doubt they are losing any entries because you can't click a box. Is it keeping you from doing it?

ebbivv

Ok with the smart ass comments, i'm talking about an acutal physical location and the best way to get there, and as for vehicles, i was talking about what to drive in Mexico, as far as chase and equipment vehicle, i'm not keen on driving my own stuff in Mexico as crooked as that country is, so i can rent stuff its easier and then they can steal their ****, and mine will be safelty parked in the US somewhere. I basically want to enter the country with my Bike, spares, and my ass. so i'm curious what others do, or should i screw it, and drive my Jeep and trailer down there and take my chances. Ps for the budget question, I don't have one, as i wouldn't be doing this if i didn't have extensive means. Money's not the issue, i just need proper logistical info

dirtslinger

Man.....With all that "coin" I'd just hire someone to do all the logistics for me.

Why don't you jump into the "vintage racing" section of this forum and check out all the info from the past NORRA races, there seems to be quite a bit of info there regarding hiring someone to do the logistics and what not.

BigBlue&Goldie

Why do people always choose Baja for their first desert race? Without paying somebody, you will really struggle. Learning desert racing basics and Mexico logistics isn't easy. Get your feet wet in America and then go to Baja.

I'd suggest you change your plans and enter the Iditarod.

Mexico needs no more "ugly Americans," and your self-reported attitude re Mexico is ugly.

You can safely leave your vehicles in Barstow or Lenwood, then UBER to LAX.

JenMorton

Our company www.BajaBoundMoto.com offers transportation of your bike, spares and your ass, exactly what you're looking for.
Ship your bike and spares to our shop, fly into San Diego, race 5 days full supported & guided with our mechanics & crew, hotels, logistics planning. Then fly home from Cabo and we ship your stuff back.

Here's a few things to consider:
1) Baja can be remote and supplies are limited. IMO anyone that reads this thread probably won't stop to help you, give you fuel, water, or share bike parts.
2) I wouldn't subject the other racers under our tent to your negative attitude when everyone's together for 8 days having a really great time.
3) Drive your Jeep in the Safari class to learn about the event, it will definitely change your thinking and hopefully in 2020 you'll race and enjoy!

Attachments

MikeLeung

Ok with the smart ass comments, i'm talking about an acutal physical location and the best way to get there, and as for vehicles, i was talking about what to drive in Mexico, as far as chase and equipment vehicle, i'm not keen on driving my own stuff in Mexico as crooked as that country is, so i can rent stuff its easier and then they can steal their ****, and mine will be safelty parked in the US somewhere. I basically want to enter the country with my Bike, spares, and my ass. so i'm curious what others do, or should i screw it, and drive my Jeep and trailer down there and take my chances. Ps for the budget question, I don't have one, as i wouldn't be doing this if i didn't have extensive means. Money's not the issue, i just need proper logistical info
Boy you're really coming off as a really arrogant A-Hole. Be a little more humble in your questioning and you can really benefit from the wealth on knowledge on RDC. But we can already tell from your comments that you are woefully un-prepared to race Baja. Any racing in Baja, 1000, NORRA, Etc... requires massive logistical support and knowledge. Take our suggestions and hire someone to handle the logistics and race support for you.

ebbivv

Boy you're really coming off as a really arrogant A-Hole. Be a little more humble in your questioning and you can really benefit from the wealth on knowledge on RDC. But we can already tell from your comments that you are woefully un-prepared to race Baja. Any racing in Baja, 1000, NORRA, Etc... requires massive logistical support and knowledge. Take our suggestions and hire someone to handle the logistics and race support for you.
I must be missing something, how am I arrogant? I was initially complaining about the lack of info out there, which is do to poor web design and communication, the other comment was fact, Mexico is dangerous and corrupt, nothing to do with the people but that's just how it is, l'm pretty confident you don't get shaken down in the US, and lastly i simply asked for advice, not the usual rhetoric, Why Baja? how much money do you have? and blah blah blah, I can't be an friend unless i've specifically directed a negative comment to a specific person, so with that i'd say your rather sensative, and as far as hiring someone for logistics, i'd gladly do that and all you had to do is point me to the right contact info and i'd be set. PS I don't need you or anyone else to tell me how "unprepared" I am,, you have to start somewhere, and your "i'm the KING of BAJA" attitude doesn't help, so since that was pointed directly at me you are the one coming off as an A-Hole, obviously don't like tooting your own horn rather than sharing knowledge, WOW

mp_tx

I must be missing something, how am I arrogant? I was initially complaining about the lack of info out there, which is do to poor web design and communication, the other comment was fact, Mexico is dangerous and corrupt, nothing to do with the people but that's just how it is, l'm pretty confident you don't get shaken down in the US, and lastly i simply asked for advice, not the usual rhetoric, Why Baja? how much money do you have? and blah blah blah, I can't be an friend unless i've specifically directed a negative comment to a specific person, so with that i'd say your rather sensative, and as far as hiring someone for logistics, i'd gladly do that and all you had to do is point me to the right contact info and i'd be set. PS I don't need you or anyone else to tell me how "unprepared" I am,, you have to start somewhere, and your "i'm the KING of BAJA" attitude doesn't help, so since that was pointed directly at me you are the one coming off as an A-Hole, obviously don't like tooting your own horn rather than sharing knowledge, WOW
I guess the point folks are trying to make is that if you cannot do the research on the phone and internet for an established rally race in Mexico, you are not ready for Mexico. NORRA is not responsible for your logistics—you are. NORRA does not care if you drive your truck or rent a truck to get to the start point. It’s not their job. Third party folks have stepped up to provide these services—take the time to read previous threads on NORRA experiences to find them. Pull the silver spoon out of your entitled ass, and do research and ask questions that aren’t disparaging or snarky, and you will get all the info you need and more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeLeung

Yes, you are totally missing something. Good luck getting help with your attitude.

i'd say your rather sensative,
"Lack of capitalization/punctuation, incorrect form of 'you're' (contraction for you are), misspelling - 30 yards, forfeit the ball!" - rdc grammar referee

How's your French?

Ad hominem attacks on rdc: bad form as well.

Last edited:

johndjmix

If you need to rent a race vehicle, I HIGHLY recommend you call trophylite. Trophylite.com

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert