USFS against US flag!

martininsocal

The U.S. Forest Service, El Dorado National Forest, is trying to make a veteran lease holder remove his U.S. Flag and flag pole from the property his leased cabin is on. The recreational forester sent him a letter saying he did not have approval to have a flag pole and that he did not get permission to display the flag on the leased property! This is Federal land OWNED by the United States of America, so I think displaying the nations FLAG would be OK,don't you? Apparently, this bumble brained rec tech must follow the UN version of what our forests are suppose to be, holdings for the United Nations and not those of American Citizens! Wonder if they would have told him to take down the UN flag, or better yet, the sierra club rag.

If your gonna go, go BIG

sincitysump

How bad would the liberal press twist this is that flag happen to be a rainbow flag?

Politicans are like diapers, they both need to be changed often and for the same reasons

Paige

I thought I buddy Davis just signed something into law that anywhere in California you are allowed to fly the American Flag - no matter what some jacka$$ says ?!?

<font color=yellow>Paige<font color=yellow>

BradM

Your buddy? I thought that was specific to home owner's who fall under home owners associations and their CCRs which previously prohibited flags and flag poles. Was it generic to all of CA?

Paige

I was being facicious.... yeah it was written because of that - but I thought he made a decree that anyone, anywhere in california will be allowed to fly the flag.

martininsocal

paige-you know as well as I do- federal land is not Californias. it may be in California, but it is not ours...

If your gonna go, go BIG

Paige

American Flags Will Fly in the Forests

This week a lot of media and public attention was paid to the Forest
Service's mishandling of a national forest permittee who was told to remove
from his summer cabin a flagpole that had been flying the American flag.

The Forest Service, acknowledging that it had made a mistake, worked with
Agriculture Secretary Ann Veneman, who oversees the Forest Service, and
U.S. Representative Richard Pombo to quickly fix the situation.

Within 48 hours, the permit was modified to allow the flagpole to remain,
and Secretary Veneman wrote a letter to Representative Pombo thanking him
for bringing the matter to her attention. And, Secretary Veneman is
sending the permittee an American flag that has been flown over USDA
offices in Washington, D.C.

Because we now have an administration that values private property rights,
this situation was quickly corrected. It would be a good idea to write
Secretary Veneman and Congressman Pombo thanking them for their quick
response. Grassroots does work. Write or e-mail Secretary Veneman and
Congressman Pombo at:

Agriculture Secretary Ann M. Veneman
U.S. Department of Agriculture
Washington, D.C. 20250
E-mail: agsec@usda.gov

Congressman Richard Pombo
Washington Office
2411 Rayburn HOB
Washington, D.C. 20515
E-mail: rpombo@mail.house.gov

frankh

Its funny how the try and make it into a big deal on how they saved the day. But in reality it was a situation that should have never happened in the first place.

martininsocal

frank- you're right, but i do want to point out something, richard pombo has always been a friend to multi use and seems to be realistic in land use matters. he has gone to bat on more than one occassion for offroaders, so he deserves our support. the forest service acts like this was a simple fluke, but after reading all the correspondance that went back and forth between the leasee and the forest tech, and how they threatened to remove him from the property, this was not a simple matter until the forest service looked like they would get raked over the coals if they didn't fix this. they are now doing some damage control!

martin

If your gonna go, go BIG