Utah off-road event!

Matt Stevens

Reaction
We are organizing an "off-road entry" for the Spanish fork (Utah) fiesta days parade. We would like for all of the Utah off-road racers (and all other states) to come out, Also tell anyone you know with an off-road vehicle. We need to use this opportunity to bring exposure to the sport of off-road in Utah. As you may know the Bore race series may be done because there is not enough people from around here racing so get off your as*es and do this thing. Its also great exposure for your sponsors.

If your interested Contact Dave Blakley @ -- djblakely1@msn.com

Or Myself @-- Mattstevens1172@aol.com

BDAWSON1

Reaction
MD Motorsports will do there part. We should be able to put a couple of cars in it!:D

djblakely

Reaction
Thanks guys! I will start the paper work tomorrow. There is an entry dead line of June 15th. I will try to process this with a projected number.

Spanish Fork is located right off of I-15, about 60 miles south of Salt Lake. This is a big deal for Utah County. It host a 4 day Rodeo, a large Fireworks display, A Carnaval midway and rides in the middle of downtown, a car show with a cruise night, a 10k run and 2 parades. They always have a headliner band play. This a great family deal, bring the kids!

We need the BORE racers to bring out their toys. If the Jackpot race does not go down, all your cars/trucks will be preped and ready to go.

Matt Stevens

Reaction
Utah has millions of BLM acres, some of which would be awesome for a race. Someone needs to put one on!
Everyone here and hundreds of out of staters agree with you but no one has ever tried puting one together (as far as I know). I know the governer is a huge off road enthusiast.

djblakely

Reaction
We have the right person in our group. Allen Gerber has been the president of the "Sage Riders" the local motorcycle racing organization. He has already worked with the local BLM and layed out several race coarses here in Utah. He and his brother Scott race a 1500 car at BITD. It was Kory Shuller's JIMCO. I have not heard for sure but think Allen will be in the parade. They just finished turning the JIMCO back into a 2 seater.

Matt Stevens

Reaction
Is Allen Back up and racing again? I know he was pretty frustrated about some "Car Issues" there for a while.

djblakely

Reaction
Is Allen Back up and racing again? I know he was pretty frustrated about some "Car Issues" there for a while.
He had MD Motorsports finish it. I talked to Don at MD Motorsports yesterday and he said it was almost done. I hear Gerbers are chompping at the bit and ready to get back out there.

slcpunk74

Reaction
Do we have to pay to be in it? I would come and bring the truck if I can get the damn 3.4 to run:rolleyes:

braxton

Reaction
The Southwick Team will be there!!!! with my race truck and 3 race bikes!!!!! FYI for every one in UTAH AUG 8th there will be a rally in down town Salt Lake City were all off-road veh. will ride up State ST. to the Capital to promote off-road ridding and to keep the BLM lands open. SUWA is working real hard in taking away our land! I will have more info on this In the coming weeks.

Marley Racing

Reaction
I believe you've already been in touch with my crew chief Lee as he was mentioning this event to me. We can probbly bring down our pre-runner and maybe the Class 1 Truggy pending where Lee is with it prep-wise at the time. ie. if it's not in pieces

slcpunk74

Reaction
The Southwick Team will be there!!!! with my race truck and 3 race bikes!!!!! FYI for every one in UTAH AUG 8th there will be a rally in down town Salt Lake City were all off-road veh. will ride up State ST. to the Capital to promote off-road ridding and to keep the BLM lands open. SUWA is working real hard in taking away our land! I will have more info on this In the coming weeks.
Sounds good keep us updated on that.

P.S. I will be calling you most likely tonight about my 3.4 issues.
Thanks
Chad

djblakely

Reaction
Gentlemen,

The theme of this years parade is "LIVING THE DREAM" Is that us or what?

I have talked with the parade director now and the committee likes this idea, but have very strong safety concerns. We discussed in detail how many cars would be too many and came to an agreement of a 10 car max. As for crewmembers/walkers they would like to keep it 6 or less people per vehicle. I already have the permit filled out. They will have it in there hands this afternoon.

I have also talked to the car show director. He too likes the idea. There is an entry fee of $25 per vehicle. They do plan to do a cruise after the show. I mentioned we are not street legal cars, will this be a problem? He will inform me tonight if the SF City PD will allow us to do it. I know I have done this myself a few years back.

Now.......

I need you to send me your name, phone and vehicle info with a photo. I need to know how many crew will be walking along with vehicle. I will forward these to the directors of both events.

Realize that the parade is on Friday the 24th of July and the car show is on the 25th. I will work on a place for us to store the trailered vehicles over night. I am from Spanish Fork and should be able to find someone willing to help us. I will start working on that. Include the size of the trailer you need to have stored, so Ican get enough space lined up.

*** below is the reply from the parade co-chairman.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: djblakely1@msn.com
Subject: RE: Grand Parade questions
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 11:49:27 -0600

David,
Just to confirm what we talked about on the phone just now, the parade committee really likes this idea, and thinks it would be a fun entry for the viewing audience. However, as I mentioned, we need to ensure the safety of parade participants and the viewing audience. Please refer to the online parade rules and regulations regarding the safety of your entry.
At this point, we are going to say that you are in the parade. However, you need to be sure to submit an application, either online or by mail. After we receive your signed application, we will send you an official letter stating that you are in the parade.
If you have any questions, please let me know.
Thanks,
Aaron Peterson
Spanish Fork Grand Parade Co-Chair

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: aarontaft11@hotmail.com
Subject: Grand Parade questions
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 17:02:57 -0700

Aaron,
I really need to talk with you soon in regards to the a group of desert racing vehicles being allowed to be in the parade. I need to confirm this as I am receiving several email of racers really liking this idea and wanting to commit to being there.

Meanwhile, I still don't know if you're going to allow us to drive racecars in the parade. A trailered car will not give the same effect as being able to hear that raspy rumble of the motors and the smell race fuel. We are all pros and you can expect nothing less that a very professional display from all of us.

My personal idea was to have my crew in team uniforms, walk with the racecar and toss candy. I think this will be the same for each team. It allows the crew to get a little bit of public acknowledgement out it too. So please consider the number of walkers you want to allowed for each car and how many cars you think would be a good fit for a group entry. If you let me know it is a go, I will request photos from those interested and pick the best ones to represent this group. I had only envisioned 5 or 6 cars to start with. This looks like a prefect fit to this years theme "LIVING THE DREAM" as that is exactly what we do.

Please call me 801-830-3693

Best regards,
Dave Blakely
Team Xterra Racing

B-Dub 1020

Reaction
Matt Stevens I need your 100 smackers or no more table dances at the Mint 4-U. Get a couple Utah boys to kick in and then come down and race BAP or the SNORE 250. Send me some live wire while your at it my class 10 brother