Utah to So Cal on dirt

INI

Dan McMillin's fan club
sounds fun. coast to coast or boarder to boarder

Manning

But how do ya get by sheep range to cold creek?
Troy, not sure what your asking?
You go thru the sheep range on the mormon well rd and come out at corn creek then cross the 95 and take the dirt frontage road til you get to a another dirt road/ that leads up into cold creek... But you need to be street legal for the mormon well rd(DNWR) section even though it's all dirt...

Not to derail this but there is a Continental Divide ride that is all mapped and has tons of info Here.

Bill, I am thinking that the southern Utah stuff might not be open as early as you are hoping, especially this year. Check out the Piaute ATV trail system to get you down to Brian Head and perhaps below. They have routes down into the towns you pass to allow for fuel stops, food, etc.

I am pouring over GPS files from the GPS Exchange to see what we can map out.

Chris

deathboxgrinder

How many days? What time of year? Central Utah mtns gonna have a lot of snow late into the spring/summer this year, they are already over 200%. I've ridden a few ways - scenic and fast routes to St George & Mesquite. I could probably ride part way, if not the whole way if you're looking for some company?

If we head up to PC to ski, I'll get a hold of you. If you're down at Sundance call me.

BGRANT

Ya Chris and Gabe, this will be a tough year to get out of the mountains in Spring. I was thinking maybe late September? Mountains will be perfect, deserts will not be too terribly hot and it is in between the Baja races.

stgil888

Wow, what's the estimated mileage looking like if you avoid as much pavement as possible? I've driven LA to to SLC/PC a couple of times, and have wondered about what you're planning more than once.

worcs761

Just road motos from Primm way up in the mountains in May. BITD race hack from back in the day was real fun. Three of us had a blast and want to ride Primm to Searchlight to Laughlin and back to LV. There is a section to link into your ride. B2V backwards. N or S of I-15. More old race hack that has fill in over the years.

troyharper

DA Meatball
Troy, not sure what your asking?
You go thru the sheep range on the mormon well rd and come out at corn creek then cross the 95 and take the dirt frontage road til you get to a another dirt road/ that leads up into cold creek... But you need to be street legal for the mormon well rd(DNWR) section even though it's all dirt...
Yes, street legal @ sheep range was my concern. But apex to 95 is doable on the old single trak. The only way they ticket you is if ya park at the north end of decatur, 'cause they sure cant catch ya!

troyharper

DA Meatball
Just road motos from Primm way up in the mountains in May. BITD race hack from back in the day was real fun. Three of us had a blast and want to ride Primm to Searchlight to Laughlin and back to LV. There is a section to link into your ride. B2V backwards. N or S of I-15. More old race hack that has fill in over the years.
Primm to jean to el dorado to nelson hills to searchlite I have done. Searchlite to laughlin was a no go, because we didnt have a route thru christmas tree pass. A plated bike would not be a problem.

worcs761

I am thinking that Primm to Searchlight is doable for gas and go or spend the night if I am running out of daylight. Another thought....I just want to ride.

troyharper

DA Meatball
I am thinking that Primm to Searchlight is doable for gas and go or spend the night if I am running out of daylight. Another thought....I just want to ride.
It is doable with a lg tank. I had a 4.6 on my xr650r , I had pleanty when i got to searchlite. (50-60 miles) depending on how much single trak you do.
I've been thinking Primm to Dumont.

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
I have done blue diamond road in vegas to palm springs for the night then to big bear for the night then back to vegas [home] but their are some real sketchy areas around the navel base east boundery around barstow. All I have to say about this trip is COUNT ME IN you figure out the logistics and I can bring some players We don't care if the chase trucks carrying our luggage and spare parts cost $$$ let alone the room and board fuel,beer,days off work?, Etc. keep me posted. I'm In

BGRANT

^^^^^^Jeff, I'll be in your neck of the woods next weekend. Any recomendations for a "watering hole" besides the Mangy Moose?

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
What type of place are you looking for quiet,talent,party,Is the wife or kids going to be their? PM me and let me know what days and times your wanting to "Partake"

BGRANT

I will be there with my son and about 35 other kids for comps on Saturday and Sunday. I have to be up early to do registration on both days. Was just looking for somewhere to have a few beers with some of the other dads. One of our buddys is an owner of the White Buffalo so we might end up around there? I will be at the Best Western Jackson.

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
The snake river brew pub has some of their own beer and good food they are 265 millward 2 blocks from the "Broadway" I have seen many kids their. If you want Really good food go to the gun barrel they are great around 20 bucks a plate try the "Elk medallions" and the sausage appetizers the place is great Kids are welcome also. For breakfast their is a couple of places one is the Verginian [sp] and the other is "bubba's" both are very good now If you want muffins and toast I have no clue