• Forum membership has its advantages....

UTV racing

Olson04

I have a 800 razor and im wondering if i can use this machine and convert it to a offroad racing utv to race in score or BITD or would it be a bad idea to use that machine. Just trying to save cost to be able to go do offraod racing. Any info would be great thanks

mxracer50

Their has been such an evolution since the 800 were built that you would be much better off starting with a 1000.

y2kbaja

Where are you from? VORRA in northern Nevada is going to be a great place to get into off-road racing starting from stock UTV to TT's.

Olson04

Where are you from? VORRA in northern Nevada is going to be a great place to get into off-road racing starting from stock UTV to TT's.
Im from Alberta Canada. The only reason i was asking if i could use my 800 platform to build an offroad racing utv cause i already have one and its bought and paid for. The 1000 are over 30,000 CAD just for the machine.

JEFF_DICKERSON

Before you start building your 800, you should really come down to a Best in the Desert, SCORE or WORCS race and look at the race UTV's that are entered. It will give you a good idea of what the race UTV's have evolved into.

Olson04

Before you start building your 800, you should really come down to a Best in the Desert, SCORE or WORCS race and look at the race UTV's that are entered. It will give you a good idea of what the race UTV's have evolved into.
Is anyone even using 800 to race? That was the main reason i asked about it if it was a good idea to even think about building my 800 up to use it for racing. It seems like no one is i was just kinda wondering. I was hoping to get away with going a cheaper route but it doesnt seem that way.

Big Whitey

Try contacting AVE racing. He puts on smaller UTV races in California city, Ca. He has a bone stock class that basically all you need to add to you 800 is belts, nets and a fire extinguisher. Lou is a good guy and has the cheapest entry fees of anyone I know of.

Cheapest way to start is to buy a used UTV. By the time you build the 800 to be able to pass tech you could have bought a used competitive 1000. Nobody races 800's so it wont be much fun to not even have a chance at winning in my opinion. Used BITD/SCORE legal UTV's sell between $20k-$120k and cost a lot per season to prep and race. I came from racing bikes and was shocked at what it takes to race a season. Figure at the very least its going to cost $30k a year to race and thats not including your travel from Canada.

fastcash

I have a 800 razor and im wondering if i can use this machine and convert it to a offroad racing utv to race in score or BITD or would it be a bad idea to use that machine. Just trying to save cost to be able to go do offraod racing. Any info would be great thanks
Olsen,
The hard truth is the 800 RZR is not the machine to start with, under-powered and under-suspended. You
would have to spend bucket loads of money to still be un-competitive. Save your money, sell the 800 and
buy a good used later model 1000 of your choice. You'll be way ahead.
Good luck.
Chris