• Forum membership has its advantages....

UTV VS 9 AND 5/16 Video

MADMILLER

Sharing our video of our race in our bone stock yxz 1000 at the 2017 battle at primm...This car we built has a header and tune with minor shock work.Stock shocks...This little car really really impressed me...My 6100 co driver joey driving it for his first race behind the wheel.Enjoy it will change some minds as well as it did mine as we were able beat every 9 car and 5/16 car for the weekend by 5 minutes
16708665_10208746668930862_117336081248904109_n.jpg

Last edited:

JoeyD23

Sharing our video of our race in our bone stock yxz 1000 at the 2017 battle at primm...This car we built has a header and tune with minor shock work.Stock shocks...This little car really really impressed me...My 6100 co driver joey driving it for his first race behind the wheel.Enjoy it will change some minds as well as it did mine as we were able beat every 9 car and 5/16 car for the weekend by 5 minutes View attachment 178345
This post will hurt some feelings

Nice work!

nimrod

KOOK!
UTV's are the Baja bug of this generation. Amazing performance for such an affordable price point comparatively speaking.
Congratulations on such a great showing!

Zambo

Well on the affordable scale they are probably 2x as much as a 5/16 and 3x as much as a 9 car. I've enjoyed the hell out of my x3 so far. At this point they are probably faster than anything short of a 10 car in the desert.

I like the manual shifter in the yxz. Wish they would have done a trailing link rear suspension though.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
It is impressive, considering that isn't even one of the really fast UTV's. Cognito, Rhys Millin, Matlock...really haul azz. Plus the Yamaha is down 50 hp to the new RZR turbo. Just like George Jefferson...UTV's are 'move'n' on up.'

x9racer

Looked good but remember you have twice the HP and wheel travel than a 9 car and you must remember about $20,000 more in cost than a class 9

MADMILLER

Looked good but remember you have twice the HP and wheel travel than a 9 car and you must remember about $20,000 more in cost than a class 9
This story is pretty far fetched....this yamaha was 16k and about 5 k in upgrades in it including cage due to it being stock.wheel travel is no where near a can am or rzr so that fetched as well so thats wrong..plus we are tuning the shocks with fox today and have not even touched the car since the race...cant beat that

RedRide

Well on the affordable scale they are probably 2x as much as a 5/16 and 3x as much as a 9 car. I've enjoyed the hell out of my x3 so far. At this point they are probably faster than anything short of a 10 car in the desert.

I like the manual shifter in the yxz. Wish they would have done a trailing link rear suspension though.
After owning a 10 car and driving an X3 I am surprised they don't finish ahead of class 10. Especially in a place like Parker where there is a lot of sand.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

ht racing

not sure what 10 car you had but i own both x3 and a alumi craft and the 10 car will still smoke any utv. take nothing away from the utv but its not a full blown purpose built race car, in the end its still a utv.

ACME

This story is pretty far fetched....this yamaha was 16k and about 5 k in upgrades in it including cage due to it being stock.wheel travel is no where near a can am or rzr so that fetched as well so thats wrong..plus we are tuning the shocks with fox today and have not even touched the car since the race...cant beat that
A very competitive used 9 car is about $10-15K with a massive spares pile and some very good cars have gone for as low as $8K or better: Yours $21K as it sits. If you toss in a fuel cell and make it SCORE or BITD legal with all the goodies like a 9 car + add spares, then what's the cost?

(It's been a while but I believe the following 9 car specs are close) A 9 car has an H pattern 4 speed swing axle rear with @ 8" of wheel travel and the front: 6.5" of awesome German beam engineering from 1967 and no dual rate coilover, adjustable internal bypass, A-Arms etc; Specs show your stock YXZ at 16/17". With a tune my buddy said his Yammie with the 5spd sequential will do 90+ with 100+ HP and AWD, sadly a swinger only has 70ish HP with a baller motor and only RWD with drum brakes to slow 'em down and a few of the top guys have seen the 80mph mark. Apples & oranges, so you should pass them all...

Regardless, great driving and clean passes, well done and congrats!

RedRide

not sure what 10 car you had but i own both x3 and a alumi craft and the 10 car will still smoke any utv. take nothing away from the utv but its not a full blown purpose built race car, in the end its still a utv.
In wide open whoop sections I agree, but tight and technical sections the 4wd and acceleration should be better with the Can Am.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Zambo

I know nothing of what a 10 car can do but the power to weight in my x3 is awesome. It goes pretty good through the whoops too.