V to R Spectating

Glenn L

Reaction
Would like to spectate this year near Goldfield. Anyone know if the course will gain any altitude in the Goldfield or even Tonopah areas so temps might be tolerable for spectating? Maybe a section in Pinyon? Juniper forest?

AngryShawn

Reaction
Its on bitd.com
This is incorrect.
According to the 1st info letter, BITD posts the maps 7 days out from the race.
Judging from the mileage and pit names that have been posted, I suspect the course is very close to, or exactly the same as 2013 and 2015.

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Reaction
This is incorrect.
According to the 1st info letter, BITD posts the maps 7 days out from the race.
Judging from the mileage and pit names that have been posted, I suspect the course is very close to, or exactly the same as 2013 and 2015.
For permitting purposes, the course alternates every other year on what route it takes north. I know there is some new points in between that Donald and the boys have been working on though so hopefully that all works out and is ready to go.

But yes a 2011,13,15 will look similar for the most part.

Honda48X

Reaction
For permitting purposes, the course alternates every other year on what route it takes north. I know there is some new points in between that Donald and the boys have been working on though so hopefully that all works out and is ready to go.

But yes a 2011,13,15 will look similar for the most part.
It's time we have TRUMP roll back some or all of the restrictions placed by the Government. Off road racers are not stupid. We can manage the desert.

Desert: a region so arid because of little rainfall that it supports only sparse and widely spaced vegetation or no vegetation at all:

vegasloki

Reaction
It's time we have TRUMP roll back some or all of the restrictions placed by the Government. Off road racers are not stupid. We can manage the desert.

Desert: a region so arid because of little rainfall that it supports only sparse and widely spaced vegetation or no vegetation at all:
Those areas aren't just for off road racing. Many others use them, in fact more than off road racers. There are other factors, dust, routing around military and others. You couldn't have made a more ignorant comment about desert vegetation.

Honda48X

Reaction
Those areas aren't just for off road racing. Many others use them, in fact more than off road racers. There are other factors, dust, routing around military and others. You couldn't have made a more ignorant comment about desert vegetation.[/QUOTE
Your right Dave. I'm sorry I posted the definition of Desert. I wish I was a backpacker and then I would have said there are a lot of backpackers that walk in the Desert. No kidding many use the Desert but when we have presidents that make national monuments and designate millions of acres of land as off limits, to me that's not a good thing.

Last edited:

AngryShawn

Reaction

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction
Those areas aren't just for off road racing. Many others use them, in fact more than off road racers. There are other factors, dust, routing around military and others. You couldn't have made a more ignorant comment about desert vegetation.

Take that crap to purple..

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

vegasloki

Reaction
There's nothing political about my post. It's a fact from someone that lives there and enjoys the desert with races, trail rides and just going out there. There is an arrogance that somehow racers should take preference over others that want to use the space. Everyone should be able to use the space. It's comical you two carpetbaggers are trying to tell us what should be happening in our state. There is good support for not only racing but allowing everyone use of public lands. V2R, like the Mint enjoys good support from not only the residents but the state and local gov as well. While many of us support racing we don't want you to perma-rut our public spaces by running the same spots every year. The protection of those spaces are what's going to keep the area from transforming into something like what's happened from Bakersfield south to the border.

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction
There's nothing political about my post. It's a fact from someone that lives there and enjoys the desert with races, trail rides and just going out there. There is an arrogance that somehow racers should take preference over others that want to use the space. Everyone should be able to use the space. It's comical you two carpetbaggers are trying to tell us what should be happening in our state. There is good support for not only racing but allowing everyone use of public lands. V2R, like the Mint enjoys good support from not only the residents but the state and local gov as well. While many of us support racing we don't want you to perma-rut our public spaces by running the same spots every year. The protection of those spaces are what's going to keep the area from transforming into something like what's happened from Bakersfield south to the border.

Take that s h I t to your Sierra club forum

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

Bricoop

Reaction
Can anybody provide some spectating spots near the finish? If my day works out, I'm planning on driving up from Sacramento that afternoon. I'm going alone and don't have an off-road vehicle, but don't have a problem hiking a couple miles (or if there are suitable fire roads I can drive on those).

Thanks