V2R 2018

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Any gouge on changes vs. last year around spacing from the TTs?
Im not sure what exactly you are asking but- Bikes and Quads leave off the line at 0545. Car and Trucks will start at 10am.

We are working on the closing times but they will be tighter and strictly enforced for bikes and quads to remove them from the course more aggressively if they are caught early on in the race.

Dave

T.martin

What I think he is asking is what will the gap be between the last quad off the line and the first trick truck? At the SS300 the time gap was changed. If a similar thing was done at VtoR, it would make it a night race for lots of teams.

ndvalium

Rescue Director
What I think he is asking is what will the gap be between the last quad off the line and the first trick truck? At the SS300 the time gap was changed. If a similar thing was done at VtoR, it would make it a night race for lots of teams.
Gap is dependent on entries - Regardless of last handlebar start, First Truck will start at 10am.

Texasnative

Is this starting order something that is published somewhere? I'm sure it is there somewhere and just overlooking it...

AngryShawn

Cool...thanks. Where can I find out the starting order by class for 2017 race?
I can't recall ever seeing start order published anywhere, even after the race.

johndjmix

Still a lot of entry’s coming in after the 25th. I know I just mailed mine in today.

—John

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

Texasnative

Any special tips on how to prepare for the extreme heat for this race? We are from Texas and pretty used to extreme heat but racing in the heat for that amount of time/miles will be different. We plan on hydrating about 4 to 5 days ahead and have plenty of cold fluids in the pits but anything else we should think about if we decide to race V2R?

Wendell #527

Only time hydration was a problem for me was if I drank beer the night before, or even 2 nights before the race. I drink extra water starting a few days before the race and I’m good. Use a catheter and drink often during the race. Standard pit chore was getting my water bag filled every pitstop. I mix gatorade with my water but that’s just me. V2R was HORRIBLE a couple years especially at the starting line. After that it’s not bad. Not drinking beer before the race makes it all that much better after the race!

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Any special tips on how to prepare for the extreme heat for this race? We are from Texas and pretty used to extreme heat but racing in the heat for that amount of time/miles will be different. We plan on hydrating about 4 to 5 days ahead and have plenty of cold fluids in the pits but anything else we should think about if we decide to race V2R?
Add fluids with electrolytes as well as fruits that include natural sugars and potassium. If you start to get deydrated dont go for the ice ice cold water, you body will get pissed and make you throw up. Instead take the ice cold ones and put them in your arm pits while you nurse a regular bottle of water or 50% gatorade.

All hydration should in theory start about a week out for optimum effect. Those that wait til the day before to do it are way behind the curve and your body will simply urinate out what it cant process in that time frame.

We have upped the medical plan for this race beyond anything we have ever had in place for any off road event. Ill have a separate post here in the next 24 hours to talk about a few things that I want anyone associated with V2R to know going into race week.

Dave

450grl

When I raced V2R in 2016, I just hydrated up until the morning of the race. Then I strategically stopped drinking anything a couple of hours before the start, but I had a drink bag with BCAAs in my YXZ and sipped on that all day. Basically I try to intake enough to keep my body happy, but not enough to have to pee......I have done that for many desert races and have not had to take a bathroom break or pee my pants ;) in any desert race I've done. Usually, if you are moving at all, the air and sweat does it's job and you don't notice the heat too much.....

Texasnative

When I raced V2R in 2016, I just hydrated up until the morning of the race. Then I strategically stopped drinking anything a couple of hours before the start, but I had a drink bag with BCAAs in my YXZ and sipped on that all day. Basically I try to intake enough to keep my body happy, but not enough to have to pee......I have done that for many desert races and have not had to take a bathroom break or pee my pants ;) in any desert race I've done. Usually, if you are moving at all, the air and sweat does it's job and you don't notice the heat too much.....
Perfect...thank you! At this point, if we race V2R, plan on hydrating well on the road trip up (Sunday) with electrolytes heavily up until that morning of the race. So...sounds like that should be good.

Question about V2R: if staging is at 8:45 and truck/cars don't take off from the line until 10am, I guess it will be a while for a limited car to be off the line...may 2/3 hours later. When staging ahead of 10am start, I assume you don't have to stay in the car until the line starts moving...right?