• Forum membership has its advantages....

V2R Accidents? We need your help.

RacingTraX

The Vegas to Reno was our first race where we provided tracking for an entire series, it was a big undertaking but we were excited for the opportunity. We've received some great feed back and are working on making the website and other tracking features better for Parker.

In every RacingTraX units we installed an accelerometer and magnetometer. For this first race we set up the units to "record" mode. Now we need your help! We want to know which vehicles had roll over's, crashes, got rear ended or rear ended another car. Tell us your race number and what happened so we can look at the data from your RacingTraX unit and see what readings we get from each type of scenario. The goal is to have several pre programmed messages that can be sent out depending on the severity of a hit or roll.

Thanks for the help!

RacingTraX

Wow... Yeah that's a unit we'll want to look at. Has it been mailed back yet?

RacingTraX Returns
1937 E 10 North Cir
St George, Ut 84790

MADMILLER

6177 mm 265ish rear ended 6100 truck in dust at high speed also stuck mm 6 in bottleneck on our side

RojoOjoRacin

3710 rolled around mm430, The tracker should be in the mail tomorrow morning. I pushed the button afterwards but not sure if it went theu

fusionoffroad

It is great to see the tracking company actually wanting feedback on ways to improve and keep us safe. It makes me feel better about spending the money on tracking for our safety. and by the way for your first race I think you guys did an excellent job and thank you for you continued effort to improve our safety and response time. we wadded our truck up at Parker this year and the old tracking company had no clue where our truck was. It was very upsetting. last year at V2R we broke a rearend housing in the middle of the mountains and once again they had no clue where our truck was. we found the truck at 9am the next morning. I felt we payed them for nothing as both of my incidents they were clueless on where we were.

Offspring

This data will be very interesting, I'm hoping, without giving out specific information as to who was involved or what class, or builder, can you put out some collected data for racecar V racecar, racecar V object, roll over data? Will the decel's show a Delta V for instance?

BigBlue&Goldie

It is great to see the tracking company actually wanting feedback on ways to improve and keep us safe. It makes me feel better about spending the money on tracking for our safety. and by the way for your first race I think you guys did an excellent job and thank you for you continued effort to improve our safety and response time.
Big +1 for actually seeking out the input of the racers! I wasn't racing at this year's V2R, but the tracking worked great on your website. I've never used your product, but I'm already 100x happier sending you my money than the previous clowns.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Probably not really the input you are looking for but is there anyway to "Sync" all the trackers so they all update at the same time? Sometimes it was hard to tell if a guy was in front or behind a fellow racer due to the timing of the updates on the tracking system. I'm guessing there probably is but it might be more of a PITA then it is worth but would give teams a "Real time" look at where their race car is compared to their competitors. Just a thought, great job so far, i enjoyed following along from home.

Sato Bros. Racing

Our pit guys, family and friends that were not able to make it to the race loved your tracking system. You might remember us from tech and I am only mentioning this to save future headaches. For us 6056 and 6002 both of us went to plug in our power cables to your plugs and the polarity was opposite in your plugs. When we plugged in your test light(which was LED,polarity sensitive) positive to positive and negative to negative, it was showing no power and your transmitter would not light up. Scratched out brain for what seemed like an eternity in the heat trying to figure it out. Switched positive to negative and bam, it worked! Thank you again Mike(6002) for stopping and letting us know that. We absolutely loved your tracking system and that you guys care enough to get good and bad feed back on a public forum.

Josh 8

1042 over cooked a turn at mile 521 and scratched the roof of the car up a few times.

ht racing

check the 1072 box! i shipped it back you will have it friday. we got hella slammed at aprox 150 in the forever never ending silt bed checking up for a fence, ending our day with a hole in our block. i was going aprox 20 mph and the dork that was punching through the dust with no sight was going around 60mph.

BarrelRoll

1979's didn't work all/ most of the race. It showed we were at the start most of day 1 and was still 100+ miles back day 1 when the car finished. Day 2 no clue what happened, we didn't every try and get tracking updates.

RacingTraX

1979's didn't work all/ most of the race. It showed we were at the start most of day 1 and was still 100+ miles back day 1 when the car finished. Day 2 no clue what happened, we didn't every try and get tracking updates.
Thanks for letting us know. We'll take a look at your unit and see if we can figure out what the problem was.

El Mamito USMC

can you do this also with bikes/quads? ill be racing Score the next season and it would be very helpful this..

07FJRog

3023 on its side at mm6,
3022--- stuck on day one shortly after mm6 and got hit by a utv, then barrel rolled twice some time after the forest where it hit a 10 foot tree. Won its class, lol go bajalite
Utv that hit it broke its rack