• Forum membership has its advantages....

V2R Big Teams Missing

Viola1685

After sitting at work all day watching the tracker I noticed that there were some big team names missing from the trick truck class. Where were the Mcmillins, Sourpas, and BJ? Those were the ones off the top of my head I noticed missing from the racing action, Im sure there were more but just curious as I know those guys usually run V2R.

J Prich

Scheduling battles are going to get tricky.

nohandslance

V2R will always be on most racers 'to do and finish'
List. McMillin invested 100's of thousands over the past (Nevada 1000) Won, BJ.. Won, TSCO. Won.. List goes on. The B1000 is what people plan vacation time around and that dream of racing. Not the loop. The logistics of a point to point.
I will always look forward to Rawhide Pit and wishing those that make it to Northern Nevada good luck for the last 120+ miles to finish.

Steve_Sourapas

First Vegas to Reno we have missed in 10 years for reasons that have been shared above. Hopefully we will be back next year. To claim it was a B race is totally unfair as lots of solid teams where racing. Many of top TT's had trouble including the winner which is usual.

EMS702

Rescue 1
Andy posted that he had hurt his shoulder so was going to have to wait and race BAJA. Otherwise I think he would have been there.

Crusty Shellback

Some may have teamed up with other teams. Some may have been getting ready for Crandon and/or the 400.
Rob Mac drove the Smiley truck for VtoR instead of his own truck.
A lot also has to do with sponsorship dollars and where they are told to race.

Jimmy8

I'm trying to work with BITD and the Martelli's to make Parker 425 finishing positions determine the starting order for the Mint 400 and boost entries for Parker, but as you'd imagine everyone thinks it's complete nonsense. Pretty much what everyone thinks about tying finishing position of a new event in Baja to one of the greatest races on Earth. The 1,000 should stand alone in any and all regards. Let people come in, race that event and that event alone, and have the same opportunity to win as anyone else. Can you imagine if the Indy 500 starting order was determined by the finishing order at Long Beach?

calstyl2

I'm trying to work with BITD and the Martelli's to make Parker 425 finishing positions determine the starting order for the Mint 400 and boost entries for Parker, but as you'd imagine everyone thinks it's complete nonsense. Pretty much what everyone thinks about tying finishing position of a new event in Baja to one of the greatest races on Earth. The 1,000 should stand alone in any and all regards. Let people come in, race that event and that event alone, and have the same opportunity to win as anyone else. Can you imagine if the Indy 500 starting order was determined by the finishing order at Long Beach?
I'm fairly certain that boat has sailed.......

Goober

First Vegas to Reno we have missed in 10 years for reasons that have been shared above. Hopefully we will be back next year. To claim it was a B race is totally unfair as lots of solid teams where racing. Many of top TT's had trouble including the winner which is usual.
You racing Baja?