V2R chase fuel? haul or buy

51rcr

Reaction
Do the towns run out of fuel? I would prefer to buy from them but if theres chances of them running out we will haul it all.

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Reaction
The short answer is yes - they do run out.

The longer answer is where can you fuel. For this route, your last opportunity for fuel from the start to Tonopah is in Ash Springs, just north of Alamo. There is zero fuel availability from the starting line to Tonopah. Now that being said, it is 195 miles roughly from ash springs, to start, to Tonopah. Now you can top off by dropping back to Ash Springs after leaving the start before you get on 375.

There is 5 gas stations in Tonopah area. One has a sizable distribution hub however it is the closest one to where the 700 plus motor homes will be parked..... That being said, a town with a population of 2200 people will grow to over 7000 Friday. This will be a stress on their resources in every aspect. Buy you fuel, Ice and whatever before you leave vegas - use the towns to top off.

Fuel for non race vehicles are currently avail in:

Alamo
Ash Springs
Tonopah
Hawthorne
Fallon
North of Weeks
Dayton

There are also a couple places along the way that ocassionally have fuel. Mina no longer does so don't rely on them to be open however I highly HIGHLY recommend lunch at the Burger place in Mina directly across from the little rest area

Good luck and stay safe -

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
They also run out of ice, so stock up on this valuable commodity.

ONE_RJ

Reaction
Please stop and spend money in these small towns, it really makes a impact for future races.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Reaction
Please stop and spend money in these small towns, it really makes a impact for future races.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today
Absolutely it does - BITD has been prepping the town of Tonopah for months. They have a semi filled with ICE coming in this week - Store is getting stocked and BBQ vendor going to be there in town at the finish line.

Even if it is a candy bar and bottle of water stop and thank the folks for their support. Also a few of the pits on the northern end will have different groups selling burgers and such to raise funds for different school sports. I only wish we were going through Gabbs this year as that one is fun to watch there!

51rcr

Reaction
Thanks for adding in the extra detailed info. I like that, never have to much info

450grl

Reaction
Agreed!! I'm trying to soak up as much info as possible before this race!

BajaboundMoto

Reaction
Please stop and spend money in these small towns, it really makes a impact for future races
Mina no longer does so don't rely on them to be open however I highly HIGHLY recommend lunch at the Burger place in Mina directly across from the little rest area
Absolutely ! I try to stop at the smaller stores even.
And don't look at the map and tell yourself "we'll hit the McDonalds in Hawthorne",,, treat yourself to a burger, fries, and ice cream in Mina at Socorros on the left side. Yum!

51rcr

Reaction
Absolutely ! I try to stop at the smaller stores even.
And don't look at the map and tell yourself "we'll hit the McDonalds in Hawthorne",,, treat yourself to a burger, fries, and ice cream in Mina at Socorros on the left side. Yum!
Is there time to stop and have a burger fries and shake? sounds really optimistic

dirtslinger

Reaction
While we're on burgers, on your way home down the 395, if you go that way, Walker burger in the little down of Walker has great food!!!!

Fourstroker

Reaction
While we're on burgers, on your way home down the 395, if you go that way, Walker burger in the little down of Walker has great food!!!!
As is the Burger Barn just down from there in Bridgeport

burninfuel

Reaction
you guys are gooood and I'm less than an hour away.
What is the expected finish times for Saturday, I'm taking off work to watch west of weeks pit.
I would guess weeks about 3.5 hours from start time ???????

y2kbaja

Reaction
As is the Burger Barn just down from there in Bridgeport
Walker Burger is in Walker. Bridgeport has the Jolly Cone (and Message). Is the Burger Barn another place?

y2kbaja

Reaction
you guys are gooood and I'm less than an hour away.
What is the expected finish times for Saturday, I'm taking off work to watch west of weeks pit.
I would guess weeks about 3.5 hours from start time ???????
On the BITD pit closing time sheet it shows Weeks first bike at 12:39pm and first car at 2:45pm.

Fourstroker

Reaction
Walker Burger is in Walker. Bridgeport has the Jolly Cone (and Message). Is the Burger Barn another place?
Yep. 2 doors down on the same side of the street. Better food than Jolly Kone. I was there 2 weeks ago

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Reaction
I was in Tonopah this morning. The grocery store across from the finish line is well stocked and preparing with deliveries every day this week. They have a freezer semi out back filled with ice and will have extra staff on duty Friday and Saturday.

I went to 3 of the 6 gas stations. All are slated to be filled completely by Thursday.

Unleaded is 2.80 a gallon and Diesel is 2.70 a gallon all through town.

Keep in mind the speed limit in town is 25 MPH. At least 3 Nye County Sheriffs had vehicles pulled over the entire time I was there. One after another.

There are several open food places and there will be a BBQ vendor at the finish line.

The fire chief wanted me to remind everyone that there are no open fires or charcoal grills permitted. Gas grills are allowed in your pits.

Lastly, on my journey up and back I was three times run off the road by people passing dangerously on the two lane roads. In one case I had ditched onto a soft shoulder in my 10,000 lb excursion towing a 12,000 lb trailer to avoid killing an entire family in a little compact that came at me head on. It isn't just your abilities of driving to watch out for. Watch out for everyone else all the time. I don't want anyone in this sport being the reason we remember this race years from now.

Be safe and have a great time everyone.

David Nehrbass

Motorsports Safety Solutions