V2R day 2/3 start order

Zambo

Reaction
Start Line Rules: Cars and Trucks
A) Day 1 – Some CT classes will start the first day by order of the draw in class. The draw date was Friday, July 30, 2009. Class 1400/1500 will start by order of the time trials.
B) Day 2-3 – Some CT Classes will start 1 minute apart, others 30 secs.
C) Day 2 & Day 3 – All CT Classes start order will be determined by the previous days
finish on corrected time, no matter what Class. However, Pro Classes will start before the
Sportsman Classes.
It sounds to me after reading this from the BITD website that the vehicles will be grouped by class for the start each day, regardless of their time? Or am I reading this wrong. Sounds to me like they are just going to shuffle the start order within your class and then send the classes off the line together just like day 1. If this is true then its going to kind of suck having to pass all the same slow people from the classes ahead of us every day. Hopefully I'm wrong and we're going off in the order we finished overall, not just within the class.

gunit

Reaction
Last time, day 2 and 3 start was based on your overall time adjusted for any pit penalties regardless of class. The only exception is that the Sportsman class will start behing all of the Pro classes regardless of overall time.

So you don't have to pass the same slow cars each morning unless you use extra time prepping the truck the night before.

Zambo

Reaction
Well I would hope that's right and I assumed that's what they would do, but the wording of the procedure that I quote in bold above then doesn't make any sense.

Dezman

Reaction
It says it right in C Day 2 & Day 3 – All CT Classes start order will be determined by the previous days finish on corrected time, no matter what Class. However, Pro Classes will start before the Sportsman Classes. B) Day 2-3 – Some CT Classes will start 1 minute apart, others 30 secs. What is in bold is that some classes will get a minute between each car or truck and some 30 sec on those days

Zambo

Reaction
Dezman, if the classes are all jumbled up because the cars are starting in overall finishing order, how do you put 30 seconds between some classes and 1 minute between others. Lets say you have an 8 truck, then a TT, then a 16, then a 10. What is the starting delay between those cars?

The relevant part of item C is the part you didn't bold.....All CT Classes start order will be determined......

To me that sounds like they might mix up the starting order with regard to which class goes first, but that they're still starting by class.

Again, hopefully I'm wrong but regardless this is one poorly worded set of instructions.

TauMau

Reaction
Good question Zambo there's some word play going on here. Try calling up BITD and I'm sure they'll help you out

Diane | Racers' Contact
(702) 457-5775

Make sure to come back on here and clarify it for us.

jo maoma

Heisenberg
Reaction
Zambo has trouble reading anything that is not filled with random smack-talk and name calling...

Dezman

Reaction
Dezman, if the classes are all jumbled up because the cars are starting in overall finishing order, how do you put 30 seconds between some classes and 1 minute between others. Lets say you have an 8 truck, then a TT, then a 16, then a 10. What is the starting delay between those cars?

The relevant part of item C is the part you didn't bold.....All CT Classes start order will be determined......

To me that sounds like they might mix up the starting order with regard to which class goes first, but that they're still starting by class.

Again, hopefully I'm wrong but regardless this is one poorly worded set of instructions.
Most likely it will be top 10 or 20 OA get a minute and everyone else is 30 sec

Zambo

Reaction
Now you're just making stuff up.

trent06

Mush
Reaction
Well see that was the way it worked for the Nevada 2000
You can pay my entry if I'm right LMAO!!!
I think he was refering to what Jo Maoma said, but paying your entry will be tough when Zambo hasnt even paid his own entry!:eek:

Zambo

Reaction
Hey Trent, the checks in the mail.

Zambo

Reaction
Well see that was the way it worked for the Nevada 2000
You can pay my entry if I'm right LMAO!!!
Hey let me find my checkbook! You may very well be right, I'm just saying that the info put out by BITD doesn't say anything about the top 10 or 20 getting one minute, nor does it say that cars are going off the line based on overall time either. Rather than put out that unintelligible set of instructions, why couldn't they just come out and say:

Day 2 and 3: C/T classes will go off the starting line based on overall time. There will be a 1 minute gap between the top 20 C/Ts and 30 second gap between all vehicles thereafter.

VentureCrew35

Bacon Lover
Reaction
I may be wrong, but I assumed the difference in gaps had to do with what class vehicle is in front/behind what class vehicle.

Example: if an 8100 is starting behind a 1500, there's (almost) no way the 8100 is going to catch him. So the gap can be 30. If the 1500 is behind the 8100, odds are the faster 1500 will close the gap fast. So to allow the pass to happen further from the start, they make it a minute.

bajafoolin'

Reaction
hopefully the timing doesn't get screwed up with all this confusion. oh wait...this is not a score race. between the three stages, work area time, 1min/30sec start there will be alot of stopping and starting of the stopwatch for this one. I'm sure they got it figured out.