V2R impound rules

bob91yj

Reaction
I've searched the BITD site, can't find anything that breaks down the rules for the impound area. Are there limits to the number of people allowed, what's the penalty for exceeding an hour, etc?

Anyone know where I can find them?

HI_DEZ_DAVE

Reaction
After your hour, your back on your race clock. I don't remember seeing a personell limit.

Dezman

Reaction
Once your veichle is in the impound area you can not touch it what ever time you go over the hour is add to your overall time that was the way it worked it the 2000

nohandslance

Reaction
You can take your vehicle to your Motorhome work area, and can have as many people and equipment to prep the race vehicle. Send a crew ahead to camp adventure to stake out your pit area as they fill up fast and space is tight for late arrivals. This is all an assumption on my part, but this is what we faced during the last McMillin, Nevada 1000.

MMS

Reaction
Does anyone know how the DNF day works against your total time?

DontHateClass8

Reaction
If I remember right from the NV 2000, when you DNF, your time for the day is equal to the total time limit for the day.

Forty1Racing

Reaction
If I remember right from the NV 2000, when you DNF, your time for the day is equal to the total time limit for the day.
Wait, I didnt understand that.:confused:

Forty1Racing

Reaction
He's saying if you don't finish a day, then your time will continue to run for as long as the finishline is open.
Okay thank you.

danzar

Reaction
We should be seeing all the info from BITD shortly, as far as the impound goes, in the past 2 people were able to access to cover/uncover the vehicle, that is it. No work AT ALL will be allowed in the impound, if your car has a flat tire in the morning, you start on a flat tire. Casey is going to make it more strict this year because of past "Grey" areas.

Tipracer

Reaction
We should be seeing all the info from BITD shortly, as far as the impound goes, in the past 2 people were able to access to cover/uncover the vehicle, that is it. No work AT ALL will be allowed in the impound, if your car has a flat tire in the morning, you start on a flat tire. Casey is going to make it more strict this year because of past "Grey" areas.
makes even more sense to change tires right before...imagine starting w/ a flat...and having the guy behind you who changed tires before passing finish line/impound blow by you at the start....this race is going to show who can really plan strategically ... gonna be great

Wendell #527

Reaction
Having a work area next to the impound area is cool. I'm wondering how much time we get for each day of racing, though. It says the drivers meeting is at 8:00 the night before each race, so that means we probably have to be in by 7:00. Is that right? Maybe I don't even need lights. The other thing is the later starters will be tight to finish if we have any trouble at all. I'm still stoked and looking forward to it, just curious as to the rules.