V2R - More to the story or just a Richard Cranium?

Capt223

Reaction
I want to give the benefit of the doubt here. Parking was tight at the host hotel (Nugget) for this year's Vegas to Reno. I don't know if many teams were aware of the two parking areas available for race teams because one of them was extremely packed and the other had space available.

In this forum it is constantly brought up that our actions as an off road community can hurt or help the image we portray to the public. Casey would remind us at every drivers meeting about picking up trash, our chase teams not speeding through towns, etc.

I am guessing that this was late at night / early morning after a very long day but was this the best parking option? There has to be more to this story.
upload_2017-8-21_13-5-6.png

upload_2017-8-21_13-5-38.png

Mxrider99

Reaction
They are actually incredibly nice people. Looks as if he is trying to minimize space taken up. Lets not crucify these guys over nothing. Im sure they didnt do burnouts or anything to ruin the grass. Either no space or trying to be a nice guy and take up the least amount of space possible.

Bro_Gill

Reaction
They are actually incredibly nice people. Looks as if he is trying to minimize space taken up. Lets not crucify these guys over nothing. Im sure they didnt do burnouts or anything to ruin the grass. Either no space or trying to be a nice guy and take up the least amount of space possible.
You're not being serious, are you? This is a pure entitlement move. How many sprinkler heads did he break? Notice the water valve box right next to the right rear tire? Did he break that pipe? I don't care how you want to sugar coat it, this is a bonehead move.

AZFR8TRAIN

Reaction
Golf cart racers. What did you expect. So unprofessional

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

mgobaja

Reaction
Well the shoe polish chase numbers are something I have not seen in years. And according to that number, and the entry list they are from the south, maybe they park different down in Louisiana.

Lack of respect more than anything it appears.

Robin Hood

Reaction
He's just confused...at some courses its ok to drive your golf cart on the grass.

Capt223

Reaction
You're not being serious, are you? This is a pure entitlement move. How many sprinkler heads did he break? Notice the water valve box right next to the right rear tire? Did he break that pipe? I don't care how you want to sugar coat it, this is a bonehead move.
To me that is how I see this too, entitlement and marginalizing the impact of your actions.

Never on any team I have been on would this even be considered an option.

I am sure they are very nice people but whoever they gave the responsibility to tow their race vehicles back to the hotel should not be allowed back. We all have to police ourselves, and the rules DO APPLY to everyone. Even this nice team.

Mxrider99

Reaction
To me that is how I see this too, entitlement and marginalizing the impact of your actions.

Never on any team I have been on would this even be considered an option.

I am sure they are very nice people but whoever they gave the responsibility to tow their race vehicles back to the hotel should not be allowed back. We all have to police ourselves, and the rules DO APPLY to everyone. Even this nice team.
No. What this is, Is making us look like clowns in front of everyone blasted across the internet. You could of easily found the name based on the race number and did your due diligence to tell him or his team politely. Instead you made a thread on the biggest offroad racing forum on the internet that tons of people see and posted it up. Instead of only a handful of eyes seeing the ATROCITY in person. Now everyone knows it occurred. What a damn shame. They ran a truck up on the grass. MY bet is it didn't hurt ANYTHING but your feelings.

GET OFF MY LAWN KIDS.

JoeyD23

Reaction
Race-Drama at its finest. I have seen a million times worse over my years. Is it a jack move? Sure. Is it the end of the world? No. Do you really think the off-road community looks any worse now considering we still have a masked super hero driving in the premier class of off-road? DO any of you with cell phone cameras every find the good crap that happens during a race and take a photo? If so, lets start seeing more of that instead of the constant attempted throwing of one another under the preverbal bus...

S3 Powersports would not have been hard to find to address this. Reality is they finished probably close to 2am. Give the dudes a bit of a break. They are really good guys, give the shirt off their back kinda guys. Cut them some slack.....

Jack

Reaction
Race-Drama at its finest. I have seen a million times worse over my years. Is it a jack move? Sure. Is it the end of the world? No. Do you really think the off-road community looks any worse now considering we still have a masked super hero driving in the premier class of off-road? DO any of you with cell phone cameras every find the good crap that happens during a race and take a photo? If so, lets start seeing more of that instead of the constant attempted throwing of one another under the preverbal bus...

S3 Powersports would not have been hard to find to address this. Reality is they finished probably close to 2am. Give the dudes a bit of a break. They are really good guys, give the shirt off their back kinda guys. Cut them some slack.....
Nope. Not one person took pictures of me picking up trash at every pit went to.

Dirty Harry

Reaction
Race-Drama at its finest. I have seen a million times worse over my years. Is it a jack move? Sure. Is it the end of the world? No.
You should have stopped writing here Joey instead of trying to make excuses for them. The best way to not be put on blast on the internet is not to park on the grass (seems pretty simple).

J Prich

Reaction
Nope. Not one person took pictures of me picking up trash at every pit went to.
Ive never been pulled over by a cop to be thanked for not speeding either...

JoeyD23

Reaction
You should have stopped writing here Joey instead of trying to make excuses for them. The best way to not be put on blast on the internet is not to park on the grass (seems pretty simple).
I should have just not posted here at all... lol RDC is a brutal place. So much good for our sport, but also so much bad...

Doug8765

Reaction
I do agree it's not cool BUT they could of been told to park there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bro_Gill

Reaction
JoeyD- I assume you are a representative of the sport, no? I assume you wish for the sport to be held up in a good light, no? From what I have learned in life dealing with type As is that without putting them on blast in public, they will not conform to the rules, but rather tell you to Eff off and mind your own business... Unless they are wanna be MMA fighters, then they just want to fight you about something like parking on someone else's lawn.