V2R Unofficial Results are up

trent06

Mush
Reaction
well i hope that casey see's that the 1600 cars are faster than the 8100's and the 4100's the top three were right there first was in front of foutz and second and third were right behind them they are just big dust makers and don't feel a 1600 car touch them when trying to get around them

amen... and when a 1600 gets n front of a stockfull they will light u up as soon as they get a chance... i got in front of Jermey Spirkoff one race right b 4 a graded road and next thing i know he is right there... i move off course, he wont pass, i have to get back on course, he hits me hard as hell then puts his bumper on mine and floors it, i see my tac hit almost 6800 RPM's just b 4 he sent me straight through a 90* right hander... almost ended our race right there....

i now call him Spermey Jirkoff instead!!! haha cause that was a RICARDO CRANIUM thing to do

C'mon Lucas and Mike!!! I know you guys are some of the most spirited buggy dorks around, but you gotta look at it from both sides!:D At Parker and Primm, the 8100's started behind the 2000's and I know for sure that we could be doing the same. At some courses stock fulls are faster and others 1600's are faster. I was surprised by the fact the 8100's started in front of them as well.

Where my point is going is look at the overall and Foutz pace would have placed him second in 1600 or 2000. I am sure Greg would have gone much faster, but his closest competition was 3 hours behind him so no real reason to push right? Which also means how can you really give a good comparision on how 8100 and 2000 matched up because the only other 2 8100's had laudry lists of problems! Not including that one......oh yeah....Dodge! LOL

All jokes aside and as die hard buggy dorks as you are, you have to admit the 8100's didnt do too bad. Although I wasnt there, but I have been on the other side many times when the 8100's start behind them and cant get around them either. It is one f those things that will forever be debated.

P.S. After the 1st day it shouldnt have made to big of a difference as the start order was then determined by the overall right? I still love you guys though!:D

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
C'mon Lucas and Mike!!! I know you guys are some of the most spirited buggy dorks around, but you gotta look at it from both sides!:D At Parker and Primm, the 8100's started behind the 2000's and I know for sure that we could be doing the same. At some courses stock fulls are faster and others 1600's are faster. I was surprised by the fact the 8100's started in front of them as well.

Where my point is going is look at the overall and Foutz pace would have placed him second in 1600 or 2000. I am sure Greg would have gone much faster, but his closest competition was 3 hours behind him so no real reason to push right? Which also means how can you really give a good comparision on how 8100 and 2000 matched up because the only other 2 8100's had laudry lists of problems! Not including that one......oh yeah....Dodge! LOL

All jokes aside and as die hard buggy dorks as you are, you have to admit the 8100's didnt do too bad. Although I wasnt there, but I have been on the other side many times when the 8100's start behind them and cant get around them either. It is one f those things that will forever be debated.

P.S. After the 1st day it shouldnt have made to big of a difference as the start order was then determined by the overall right? I still love you guys though!:D

agreed... it does suck to have to b stuck behind a stock full and equally when they are right on your ASSets!!! but i still say they dont like when a BUZZING BUGgy gets in front of them... they like to take out frustrations in a un sportsman like way...

they are equal on speed most of the time but i feel SF's should start behind 1600... BITD has for the most time had courses that favor the large power of the trucks!
no disrespect at all but i have started in front of stockfulls b4 and not had them hit me when they have to pass me... on the other hand when i start behind them and have to pass them they always like to pound on u in revenge...

its a mary-go-round... this is a tough debate to deal with

okay enough of my rant... back to the results....

great job to all the finishers

spalind

Reaction
Congrats to Rod Hall...ho hum...another class win...I thought he was supposed to RETIRE?!?!?!:D

kenweld

Reaction
Drove the #092 SOLO Race Bike down the 395 south and 15 south and Got home at 10:30pm Sunday to San Diego, CA

Now the Race is over for me and the Street Legal Honda XR650R did it's job, on one set of Dunlops 606's, (No Flats) need to replace tires and chain and spockets. Special Thanks to BAJAPITS and Cherly and Wendy and Tibby for keeping me going and Dr Joanne and Brent for fixing my smashed foot that a 100lb rock squished three miles from the finish line on race day two. RACE FRIENDS FOREVER!!!!

See you all at the Dodger Stadium this weekend at The Great Vehicle Adventure . The Vegas to Reno Honda will be on display with www.thepinkhummer.com

Go See:

www.thegreatvehicleadventure.com

After this it goes back to it's home at www.FunBike.com next to Roger Normans Race Truck

I love this SPORT!!!!!! IT ROCKS!!!

Ken

ProfessionalPitMan

Reaction

I am not a buggy fan, but I will say this.. Unless it is 100% lake bed, no time ever should stock full start in front of 1600. Those guys were running with 7200 trucks!! Granted we were taking it easy preserving a big lead, but those little cars flat out get some!

Good job to anybody who was willing to race a stock full, 1600, or any other limited suspension vehicle for 996 miles! My hat's off to you, you are all nuts and have more will power than me any day!

ProfessionalPitMan

Reaction
Drove the #092 SOLO Race Bike down the 395 south and 15 south and Got home at 10:30pm Sunday to San Diego, CA

Now the Race is over for me and the Street Legal Honda XR650R did it's job, on one set of Dunlops 606's, (No Flats) need to replace tires and chain and spockets. Special Thanks to BAJAPITS and Cherly and Wendy and Tibby for keeping me going and Dr Joanne and Brent for fixing my smashed foot that a 100lb rock squished three miles from the finish line on race day two. RACE FRIENDS FOREVER!!!!

See you all at the Dodger Stadium this weekend at The Great Vehicle Adventure . The Vegas to Reno Honda will be on display with www.thepinkhummer.com

Go See:

www.thegreatvehicleadventure.com

After this it goes back to it's home at www.FunBike.com next to Roger Normans Race Truck

I love this SPORT!!!!!! IT ROCKS!!!

Ken

Dude, when we heard this story, we were like WTF? A change of clothes, a race bike, and a couple bucks in his pocket and he is doing what? Wow! Rad!

Now, my question is what happened to the Jersey boys racing the quad? The bike was beating the Chase Cherokee to the pits do to mechanical failure with the chase truck, no radio communication, and just 3 guys from New Jersey trying to do something they have never attempted before in about the gnarley-ist fashion possible! Man I am sure there are a lot of guys around bars this week telling stories like this that people will never believe!!

HDRA1

The Godfather
Reaction
Dude, when we heard this story, we were like WTF? A change of clothes, a race bike, and a couple bucks in his pocket and he is doing what? Wow! Rad!

Now, my question is what happened to the Jersey boys racing the quad? The bike was beating the Chase Cherokee to the pits do to mechanical failure with the chase truck, no radio communication, and just 3 guys from New Jersey trying to do something they have never attempted before in about the gnarley-ist fashion possible! Man I am sure there are a lot of guys around bars this week telling stories like this that people will never believe!!

i was wondering about them to i was at the last pit on day one when they were having chase truck issues talked to one of the riders he had nothing but his gear he hitch hicked into the pit other race teams got him there jamie fed him and got him water and gatorade
then i saw the bike on day two at pit 5 and did not see them after that i was hoping they finished

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
Reaction
ProfessionalPitMan;895564Now said:
i was wondering about them to i was at the last pit on day one when they were having chase truck issues talked to one of the riders he had nothing but his gear he hitch hicked into the pit other race teams got him there jamie fed him and got him water and gatorade
then i saw the bike on day two at pit 5 and did not see them after that i was hoping they finished

I was wondering too! They hitched a ride out of the pit with the other guy (bike guy) from Jersey and I never saw 'em again and I believe he said they would stop at every pit or am i just making that up LOL... would love to send them a note and see how they fared - Jeep and all :)

ProfessionalPitMan

Reaction
I was wondering too! They hitched a ride out of the pit with the other guy (bike guy) from Jersey and I never saw 'em again and I believe he said they would stop at every pit or am i just making that up LOL... would love to send them a note and see how they fared - Jeep and all :)

The jeep had broken down at a pit, the rider hiked in for the rider change, and one of our chase trucks gave him a ride back to broken down jeep. What an epic story, and somebody needs to get them an RDC name so they can tell the whole thing!

trent06

Mush
Reaction
I am not a buggy fan, but I will say this.. Unless it is 100% lake bed, no time ever should stock full start in front of 1600. Those guys were running with 7200 trucks!! Granted we were taking it easy preserving a big lead, but those little cars flat out get some!

Good job to anybody who was willing to race a stock full, 1600, or any other limited suspension vehicle for 996 miles! My hat's off to you, you are all nuts and have more will power than me any day!

Here is some interesting information! And maybe the insight on to why the Stock Fulls started in front of the 1600 buggies or class 2000 as BITD calls them!

Here are the winners times for day one for 7200, 1100, 2000, and 8100, now I know there is know comparision for 7200 to 8100 but I did see it was interesting and thought it supported my point! These were the day one winners to my knowledge of briefly looking through the results.

7200 Leader - Caspino - 6:58:29
8100 Leader - Foutz - 7:02:46
1100 Leader - Callaway - 7:05:23
2000 Leader - Geer - 7:11:46

ProfessionalPitMan

Reaction
Here is some interesting information! And maybe the insight on to why the Stock Fulls started in front of the 1600 buggies or class 2000 as BITD calls them!

Here are the winners times for day one for 7200, 1100, 2000, and 8100, now I know there is know comparision for 7200 to 8100 but I did see it was interesting and thought it supported my point! These were the day one winners to my knowledge of briefly looking through the results.

7200 Leader - Caspino - 6:58:29
8100 Leader - Foutz - 7:02:46
1100 Leader - Callaway - 7:05:23
2000 Leader - Geer - 7:11:46

Good point.. but.. unless Foutz was cruisin his truck like we were, 7200 would have opened up a bigger lead. The leader fell out due to motor issues and some other trucks were having problems so Dave played it safe. I saw class 2000 cars up in the top 25 everyday, but after Dave came through 21 or 22 every time, we were on our way to the next pit.. So I may have just missed stock fulls. Either way, they always seem to be about equal so it doesn't bother me either way. And on the bright side, what happened to the Dodge? Lol.. Sorry, couldn't resist. Months of reading the crap talking led to that comment.

ProfessionalPitMan

Reaction

Just got word from somebody that she talked to them at about 10PM at the hotel in Reno!!! They finished. The Bike was decent, but the Cherokee that was supposed to get them back home needed help!!! Where the hell do we get their contact information and get the full story from driving out of Jersey to arriving back home?!?!?

OldGreen

Reaction
isn't 14:60 really 15:00? Just askin'. I LOL'd at that a few times on the sheet.

trent06

Mush
Reaction
Good point.. but.. unless Foutz was cruisin his truck like we were, 7200 would have opened up a bigger lead. The leader fell out due to motor issues and some other trucks were having problems so Dave played it safe. I saw class 2000 cars up in the top 25 everyday, but after Dave came through 21 or 22 every time, we were on our way to the next pit.. So I may have just missed stock fulls. Either way, they always seem to be about equal so it doesn't bother me either way. And on the bright side, what happened to the Dodge? Lol.. Sorry, couldn't resist. Months of reading the crap talking led to that comment.

Exactly it could go anyway. Yeah how about that dodge!

isn't 14:60 really 15:00? Just askin'. I LOL'd at that a few times on the sheet.

Best post yet! hahahaha is that kinda like being 4'12" tall?

Team Todo En

Reaction
4th, but the best 33 hours, 04 minutes and 47.742 seconds I've had in a long time!

Thanks #1829 team - Blow Jay, Poker Face, A-Dog, Special K, Ravishing Ronno, Fat Bastard & Trunk Monkey!:D