V8 pro-lites officially coming to LOORRS

Nukldragger

RDC Crypto
there is no toyota crate engine. TORC allowed mismatched body/engines for 2011.

They're all mismatched anyhow, no manufacturer ever offered an OEM V8 in a mini truck.

This is gonna ruin Pro-lite. Rules will change to "level" the playing field between the fast money guys and the also rans, and in 3-4 years that cost savings will be another good intention gone wrong.

Sounds like a brilliant idea to add a couple hundred more pounds to a chassis that doesn't have enough travel to begin with. But, hey, why not....the other series did it for a season so it must be the right decision.

SuperRanger

RDC Crypto
Is it April 1st?

I was told a year ago from LOORS (about my V8 pro-light), "That bastard truck will never have a place in my series." It seemed like when it was time for taking risks, there was no interest. Now that we (a TORC team along with a dozen others) showed it to work, why not jump on the bandwagon. Maybe I'm bitter, in any case, I am sure it is the right move in the long run for racers.

Why dis-allow dry sumps and the same mechanical rules? Aren't P2 and P4 rules essentially the same? Can't Pro-Light have the same standardization?

Brad Lovell

the_BOSS_of_ME

RDC Crypto
My question is and I would like clarification from Lucas on this: How will this effect the Championship points for the ProLite class THIS year? I had originally heard that the V-8 were going to be allowed in the last two races of the season and that if you chose to run the different motor you wouldn't be allowed to gain points for that. It seems like that has all changed now that Lucas is allowing the V-8's mid-year. Any thoughts.......

Mercedes Person
www.facebook.com/jacobpersonracing
www.jacobperson.com

pdailey

Pug Dad
RDC Crypto
Is it April 1st?

I was told a year ago from LOORS (about my V8 pro-light), "That bastard truck will never have a place in my series." It seemed like when it was time for taking risks, there was no interest. Now that we (a TORC team along with a dozen others) showed it to work, why not jump on the bandwagon. Maybe I'm bitter, in any case, I am sure it is the right move in the long run for racers.

Why dis-allow dry sumps and the same mechanical rules? Aren't P2 and P4 rules essentially the same? Can't Pro-Light have the same standardization?

Brad Lovell

I have the same questions. The now legal TORC trucks will not be legal in Lucas per these new rules. I don't understand. Why wouldn't Lucas just make rules the same so guys can run both series? I'm sure some of the TORC regulars would love to race a Lucas race but can't now without making some serious changes.

prolite#7

RDC Crypto
Website
WWW.
our truck is ready for the change over,What's the best engine package?

CYS Motorsports

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
Are you sure CJ is running a toyota.

No he's not, the new rules allow you to run whatever body you want and it doesn't depend on the engine make.

Nukldragger

RDC Crypto
Dodge Dakota 5.2L v8

Mid size....

From Wikipedia:

The Dodge Dakota was conceived by Chrysler management as the first "mid-sized" pickup combining the nimble handling and fuel economy of a compact pickup with cargo handling capacity approaching that of full-sized pickups. To keep investment low, many components were shared with existing Chrysler products and the manufacturing plant was shared with the full-sized Dodge D-Model. The name Dakota means "friend" or "ally" in the Sioux Indian language.

9five9

RDC Crypto
Mid size....

From Wikipedia:

The Dodge Dakota was conceived by Chrysler management as the first "mid-sized" pickup combining the nimble handling and fuel economy of a compact pickup with cargo handling capacity approaching that of full-sized pickups. To keep investment low, many components were shared with existing Chrysler products and the manufacturing plant was shared with the full-sized Dodge D-Model. The name Dakota means "friend" or "ally" in the Sioux Indian language.

In LOORRS, they call the pro-lites "mid-size" trucks

B.K Lounge

RDC Crypto
Mid size....

From Wikipedia:

Im sorry to interrupt but Wikipedia isn't a reliable source of information, anybody can go on the website and type what they want about all the topics. The only reason Im saying this is because i cant use it in English classes as a source for info and I get yelled at for it if I try to source is do. :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_monkey_theorem [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hum"][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloop"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mothman[/URL][/URL]
^^^Just some Random Wiki Entiries^^^

Last edited:

RoushYates Engines

RDC Crypto
our truck is ready for the change over,What's the best engine package?

Antony,
The Ford should be the engine of choice. It has better parts than the Chevy. I have not seen a Dodge run yet but i hear there will be at least one out in TORC this year.

IM0T0

RDC Crypto
I raced pro light last year in TORC with the spec engine from Ford and never removed 1 seal. I ran the stock oil pan with no dry sump. I crashed the truck at crandon flipping over and finished the race the next day with no problems. I have taken the truck to Glamis and practiced multiple times. I ran the same engine all year not pulling it out one time. We dynoed it after Fall crandon and it was down 2 hp from when I built the truck. If anyone has questions on the pro light v8 I will help anyone get started.

CC

Sir Prize

RDC Crypto
I can"t believe that with all this talk of V8 Pro-Lites that nobody has mentioned the impending massive failure of the spec/crate engine program. FAKE ENGINE SEAL BOLTS ARE READILY AVAILABLE. If you don't believe me search on ebay for "engine seal bolts". These bolts come in handy for guys that can't afford to send their motors back to the "certified" engine builders. And besides, who wants to send their motor to some guy that you don't know and could have had a fight with his wife last night and doesn't care if your motor runs right or not? This raises another question. What if you "cheated up your motor" a little and the tech guys find a small discrepency, like your heads are milled .020" to much. Are the tech guys going to do anything? If the motor has the seals in it the racer could just play dumb and say it just came that way. The tech guy has no way to know if he was dealing with a cheater or a sloppy engine builder. And another question. What if a guy isn't a cheater and the tech guys find a problem and disqualify him. The tech guys are making the racers be responsible for a motor that is technically illegal for him to check! These guys might be getting themselves into something their not prepared for. The tech guys now have a class that EVERY part of the engine needs to be teched

PDANK Racing

RDC Crypto
Website
www.pdankoffroad.com
My guess is since certified engine builders are very limited( I think torc has two) you shouldn't have to worry about them being sloppy. Why would they risk their reputation and the income from having these contracts.

Nukldragger

RDC Crypto
In LOORRS, they call the pro-lites "mid-size" trucks

From the 2011 Rule Book "Pro Lite Unlimited: Vehicle manufactured as a 2 wheel drive compact pickup truck.' '' Engine must be of the same type as installed by the manufacturer for stated series of vehicle."

Looks like compact to me....not mid size. The only compact truck that Dodge ever marketed was the D-50.

But then again, H.3 says 4 cylinders only, so it would appear that the above rule is equally worthless.

Last edited:

07FJRog

RDC Crypto
They're all mismatched anyhow, no manufacturer ever offered an OEM V8 in a mini truck.

This is gonna ruin Pro-lite. Rules will change to "level" the playing field between the fast money guys and the also rans, and in 3-4 years that cost savings will be another good intention gone wrong.

Sounds like a brilliant idea to add a couple hundred more pounds to a chassis that doesn't have enough travel to begin with. But, hey, why not....the other series did it for a season so it must be the right decision.

Dodge Dakota 5.2L v8

I guesss you could race an Ford Explorer with a Ranger body, cause they sure as hell had a 5.0 in them. Just sayin!

BTW, none of these trucks are mini anymore. they all grew and all are midsize now. so by the rules, you would have to go back in years to get a true "mini" body.

So lets see, Izuzu, Chevy Luv, Ford Courier, and Early Toyota P/U, D-50 and VW truck. LOL

I saw the rules also, seems they want to keep cost down I guess? No Dry sump?, only a turbo 400? (why not a power glide? less heat, less power loss) Carburator?
( so unsafe) when are these bodies gonna learn that EFI is safer in preventing rollover carb fuel fires?????????????

CMI CHUCK

RDC Crypto
I can"t believe that with all this talk of V8 Pro-Lites that nobody has mentioned the impending massive failure of the spec/crate engine program. FAKE ENGINE SEAL BOLTS ARE READILY AVAILABLE. If you don't believe me search on ebay for "engine seal bolts". These bolts come in handy for guys that can't afford to send their motors back to the "certified" engine builders. And besides, who wants to send their motor to some guy that you don't know and could have had a fight with his wife last night and doesn't care if your motor runs right or not? This raises another question. What if you "cheated up your motor" a little and the tech guys find a small discrepency, like your heads are milled .020" to much. Are the tech guys going to do anything? If the motor has the seals in it the racer could just play dumb and say it just came that way. The tech guy has no way to know if he was dealing with a cheater or a sloppy engine builder. And another question. What if a guy isn't a cheater and the tech guys find a problem and disqualify him. The tech guys are making the racers be responsible for a motor that is technically illegal for him to check! These guys might be getting themselves into something their not prepared for. The tech guys now have a class that EVERY part of the engine needs to be teched

I have only been around Short Course racing since 2007, And I cant recall if I have ever heard of anyone ever getting caught with an illegal engine? Did I miss something? Can anyone remember the last time someone was caught with illegal engine components?

Last edited:

goldslaugr

RDC Crypto
Maybe change the name of the class to pro-lame as I believe Cuffaro put it at one point? Maybe there should be a option to spray paint your sponsors logo's on your truck because surely if you can't afford to race a 4 banger you probably can't afford to have stickers made either...