Valve Job Bowl Cut

idealer

Reaction
Anyone recommend a shop that can do a valve job that includes a bowl cut to trim the seats to match the bowls? In OC preferred.

I have been porting these 18 degree heads and the seat is thicker (.020) than the bowl in a couple spots and want to blend them evenly into the bowls...

Attachments

tcrperformance

Reaction
Gasket matching does not constitude "porting", the bowl area is not concentric to the valve guide centerline. So do not expect the seat and the bowl to magically blend with each other, instead you need to grind the seat to match the bowl. You can easily remove 50% of the I.D of the seat and still have ample material for multiple valve grind operations. The best cylinder head porters always finish their work after the valve job.

idealer

Reaction
Gasket matching does not constitude "porting", the bowl area is not concentric to the valve guide centerline. So do not expect the seat and the bowl to magically blend with each other, instead you need to grind the seat to match the bowl. You can easily remove 50% of the I.D of the seat and still have ample material for multiple valve grind operations. The best cylinder head porters always finish their work after the valve job.
I can remove the material from the inside of the seat I thought if I cut the seat with a machine if it would flow better being concentric to the valve...

07FJRog

Reaction
who said he was gasket matching????

tcrperformance

Reaction
who said he was gasket matching????
The photo does not demostrate any actual port work! Non-profiled valve guide bosses and and the guides protrude beyond the port roof, minimal short side rework. Don't sand the ports, instead use you carbide and drag the cutter at low speed with minimal pres. smooth port finishes increase the surface tension and do not promote aeration

arqangel67

Reaction
There is a good shop in saddleback but i can't find the name or number I'll look and post it later.

idealer

Reaction
The photo does not demostrate any actual port work! Non-profiled valve guide bosses and and the guides protrude beyond the port roof, minimal short side rework. Don't sand the ports, instead use you carbide and drag the cutter at low speed with minimal pres. smooth port finishes increase the surface tension and do not promote aeration
I am not done yet... I am using sand rolls so I take my time and don't pull too much material... I am not getting crazy with them the heads should flow good out of the box. My other set of heads flow 338 @ 600 and they don't have the bosses down to nothing... I will end up with the bosses just nice and transitioned into the guides.