Vegas Golden Knights

freddy

Are there any local Vegas NHL fans here on the forum? The Vegas golden knights goes from one victory to another, leading the pacific division now. I don't think many would have expected this before the season... And I hear it's the best arena experience in NHL also.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

J Prich

Are there any local Vegas NHL fans here on the forum? The Vegas golden knights goes from one victory to another, leading the pacific division now. I don't think many would have expected this before the season... And I hear it's the best arena experience in NHL also.

Havent been to a game yet but would like to get down there. There has always been skepticism about Vegas's ability to support a professional sports team due to the relatively small market size and transient population. The best way to solve that problem, and to establish loyalty/following...is to WIN! Pretty awesome how well they have done this year. The more they can continue the success the more popular the team is going to become in town.

freddy

Yes, winning is usually the best way to get people in seats. They have an average attendance of 17810 now, so it must be pretty much full house all the time. Considering the arena is supposed to take 17500 for hockey. Hope they keep it up and makes the Stanley cup playoffs.

Skickat från min iPhone med race-deZert

EMS702

Rescue 1
I am fortunate to work for the AMR. We do the medical standby for the team and the Arena. A few perks come with that as well. Mostly get paid to watch game.

freddy

I am fortunate to work for the AMR. We do the medical standby for the team and the Arena. A few perks come with that as well. Mostly get paid to watch game.
Lucky you, what can you say about the atmosphere at the games?

EMS702

Rescue 1
Lucky you, what can you say about the atmosphere at the games?

I have not been to many Pro Hockey games but the atmosphere is really hype. Being that we are such a transient town one week seat holders will wear their Knights gear and the next their hometown team gear. Recently when we actually attended a game and didn't work it the Pens fans were aplenty. All the bars and food places were full of people before the game. The fans are amazing and crowd is into it. Some of the staff from other teams have commented that it can be a tough venue due to some of the noise. They say it seems compact like an pit not an arena. The food prices and drink prices here are nominal compared with some places I have been. Hopefully the team keeps doing well and the fans hold on even if next year we are not as on fire.

Frank13

It is an awesome fan experience. Anyone looking to get into a game. I wait till the last couple hours leading up to the game, when the season ticket holders lower their prices on stubhub. Still a little pricy but beats face value.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

Kolman

Season ticket holder; far surpassing my expectations. Both in quality of play and stadium experience.

freddy

And now they are leading the whole league in points also.

freddy

Conference final for the Golden Knights starts today. Will they make it to the Stanley Cup final? I think they have a good chance. The series against Winnipeg should be great.

Offspring

lol, everyone acts like the knights scraped together a roster of NV residents.

Just like when the cast from disney on ice got together and turned into the ducks.

It's still a cool story.

Big Hock

Bababooey!!!
lol, everyone acts like the knights scraped together a roster of NV residents.

Just like when the cast from disney on ice got together and turned into the ducks.

It's still a cool story.
Dude no shitt the players aren’t from NV. I don’t get your point. Do you think everyone who plays for their team in any sport (NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL) is from there?

As a native Las Vegas boy, this is the first time I’ve had an actual hometown pro team. I’d like to see them pull this off. Especially before we get our second pro team. F the Raiders.

sb4pro

I know you guys stole some of my Buffalo Sabres which is way they’re out playing golf and you all are gonna win the Stanley Cup lmao :p

TMorford

Its hard to talk smack on those home game intros when they score 15 seconds into the game...

That being said, I jumped on the bandwagon after the Ducks got their wings clipped in 4 haha.

freddy

Leading 3-1 now.

TMorford

At least Cindy Crosby isn't hoisting the cup right now... Stoked for Ovechkin.