Vegas to Reno - #1198 In-Car

Rory

Crayola Killer
Wesley, nice run. What was wrong off the start, plug wire or something? Also, thanks for changing that front bumper :D

Last edited:

wstephens

We had Plug Wire problems most of the first day, The plug wires were shorting out at the heads (Bad insulation). We lost at least 30 minutes the first day fighting with them. We never really got it fixed until that night when I replaced them w/ some new ones I bought at the Butch's Speed Shop trailer. (I'm so glad they were there). Once we changed them out, that thing screamed. You'll get a better appreciation in the next couple videos.

Hey Rory, I changed the front Bumper. Happy Now?

Demp

#mikesson
We had Plug Wire problems most of the first day, The plug wires were shorting out at the heads (Bad insulation). We lost at least 30 minutes the first day fighting with them. We never really got it fixed until that night when I replaced them w/ some new ones I bought at the Butch's Speed Shop trailer. (I'm so glad they were there). Once we changed them out, that thing screamed. You'll get a better appreciation in the next couple videos.

Post it up! I love watching onboards!

Rory

Crayola Killer

I edited my original post before you posted.....NICE!!!!

nohandslance

Yeaaa! Thanks for the great post/incar footage.

wstephens

Thanks for the Kind words.
Our team from "the Island of Misfit Toys" had a blast going up against some AMAZING race teams, and we lived to tell the story!!

Here is a continuation of Day 1 ( More Silt ):eek:

[video=youtube;dPO-9fFq2GM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPO-9fFq2GM[/video]

Dirt Sailor

"Am I making you nervous?"
Hilarious! My wife thought that was great too. Keep up the videos, great stuff!

wstephens

"Am I making you nervous?"
Hilarious! My wife thought that was great too. Keep up the videos, great stuff!
Just to clarify something, That was my son, Nate riding with me and we have put in A LOT of miles together but never this many in one race. Also, the last time we were in a car together was in March, (i think) at the Mint 400. I figured me asking if I was making him a little nervous was a good way for me to determine if I should "back off" a bit being that we still had over 900 miles to go at that point.
I don't want anybody to get the Idea that he was a noob or anything. I just wanted his "feel" of the situation.

Don't worry, I got 2 or 3 hours of video, so, as long as your asking, I'll keep putting it up there.

trent06

Mush
Thanks for the videos! Keep posting! Maybe some passing as well if you can find them and see decently with the dust on the lens....? What about going through the tunnell on day 2 as well???

LOL, I always ask my co-rider if he is okay, just to make sure. I never ask if I am making them nervous though jajaja...I know one section at Parker they are always nervous thoough at about RM 60+ just after Graham Wells, but for some reason those power poles never bother me! I guess being the driver you always know your side is clear!

trent06

Mush
On Durka Durka's site it is funny to look at the day 2 pictures of the vehicles coming out of the tunnell, you always wonder why the passenger side has all the damage? I think everyone I looked at the passenger side of the vehicle was hugging that wall, but the drivers side has at least a foot!

kwood

I'm a believer
YESSSSSS!!! Always my favorite in car videos!! Keep them coming. I like the new paint too.

Thats how my dad talks to me in the car, just I really am a noob!! haha:D:eek: