• Forum membership has its advantages....

Vegas to Reno CHANGE

OldStroppeTeam

Due to a Military Airplane crash in the Monument section.,ALL race vehicles will be trailered from PIT 1. to PIT 2.. FOLLOW the directions of BITD Officials at those pits so you can be scored properly.

Jack

Oh, that's not good. I hope everyone can pull off this change safely.

Be smart out there everyone.

Jack

That was my first thought too. I did read the article and I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.

So what is going to be the timing process that is used for this?
How much room is there at pit 1 and pit 2 to make this happen?
I know teams were not planning on having there trailers in that area for that long and will through off pit plans for the rest of the day.

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
Casey always says it's an adventure.

y2kbaja

That report and the others I found says the crash was 1 mile from Nellis near LV MS. How does this affect a race 100 miles away? Is there another "crash" we're not hearing about?

PhotogDave

That report and the others I found says the crash was 1 mile from Nellis near LV MS. How does this affect a race 100 miles away? Is there another "crash" we're not hearing about?
Yep this is NOWHERE near the course.
Tech. Sgt. Anthony Kuhn says the pilot ejected from a civilian contractor aircraft and was receiving medical treatment.
The type of aircraft wasn't immediately described.
The aircraft crashed less than a mile from the northern end of Nellis runways.
There was no immediate report of damage to any facilities on the ground.

y2kbaja

From BITD FB:
"Important Update. A helicopter went down on course, start, race to pit 1, stop load up, transfer on highway to pit 2, you'll restart at pit 2. There were no fatalities"

J Prich

The crash you guys are talking about is not the same crash. The crash affecting the race course was an HH-60 from the 66th at Nellis I imagine. Went down last night during a training mission.

PhotogDave

That makes more sense as Red Flag 16-4 is currently going on.
@ 10pm Thurs - HH60 crashed on NV Test & Training Range, 4 military crew members receiving treatment for minor injuries. @USAF_ACC

Bro_Gill

If it crashed on the test range, still not in the monument. Excuse for the folks that want to make racing even harder?

PhotogDave

The crash at 10 p.m. Thursday was in an undisclosed location in a remote part on the 2.9-million-acre military range north of Las Vegas.

calstyl2

Just some educated speculation, Motos were in the area, the race course was NOT previously changed, then mid Moto race the course was changed after an incident.

J Prich

Honestly at this point, who knows.

pdailey

Racer
The start and restart procedure was the most unorganized, unsafe thing I've ever witnessed.

Basically, who ever finished to Pit 1, loaded up the trailer, and drove the fastest to Pit 2 was gifted track position. We lost a spot because of this and sucked dust the entire day. Race should have been restarted in the order the arrived to Pit 1. I'm very disappointed in BITD on this one.