VEGAS TO RENO costs too much

Big_Rich

Reaction
Re: VEGAS TO RENO costs to much

Also the 4% is for basic cost recovery, we must pay for verything over the basic cost recovery price...

And that's 4% of fuel sold, shirts sold and anything else (if it happens on BLM controled Property)

Rich Klein
VORRA

Example... BLM charged me an additional $2,000 for law enforcement for one weekend :(

RG1Baja

Reaction

Bitd is the one of the classiest form's of any organized racing. His coarses are always well marked. All his volunteers are great to deal with and are always willing to help out. I believe this is one of the "You get what you pay for" deals. You pay good money you get the best. You want to race for $200.00 you get $200.00 worth. All you need to do is refer back to the "MDR Night Race" thread and that should answer all your questions. Cheap organization with cheap entry fees with lots of problems.

5racer

Reaction

well that was 3 pages of worthless waist wish some people would just go kick there tire instead of waisting space hope you fell better DONOT .BECAUSE YOUR POST WAS POINTLESS

billymanfroy

Reaction

**DONOTDELETE** said:
Grt I just tell it like it is , are you and jimmy8 attached at the hip

**DONOTGETIT** You, sir, are a first class dipdingus. I have been following and participating in Desert races for a while now, and have never seen your name mentioned anywhere. Wait, come to think of it, I have never seen your name period. I'm sorry you think BITD is too expensive. So is Casey, I'm sure. Now go away.

Oh, and if you actually think the four or five of you types who would rather attend a freaking drag race than a desert race matter or impact the sport even slightly, I've got some ocean-front property in Nebraska for you.

"For heaven's sake! I couldn't possibly go this weekend!!! The NOPI show is going to be in Bowling Green!" There's 50 NASCAR races and at least 50 Monster Truck events every weekend. Please leave us alone and go get a Monster Mutt RC car.

pciscott

Reaction
The bigger the promoter gets the more cost are involved, Casey puts on great events and is by no means getting rich. The land use fees are for more than just the cost of BLM fees! Enviromental impact studies, Police to be at the main highway crossings, extra BLM personal because the promoter has to cover any fees over $5000 for the event, vehicle maintenance for marking these monster tracks. Hotel costs at outlieng places accross Nevada, Clean up if there is a mess any where, Fence repair for any fences that get knocked down, grading to fix public roads that get abused by the event, and the list goes on. I am sure by the time everything is said and done these fees do not even cover it at all. I see your posting privledge has been revoked and that is great because you have nothing worth saying and just wasted ten minutes of my time!!!!

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
Reaction
WHEW!! and I thought I was gonna have to get in on this one LOL :D

01Baja4x4

Reaction
I'm not sure if you folks took a look or if the date is wrong but it looks like this thread was started 4 years ago back in Aug. of 2001. :)

-Tim

Sandmaster

Reaction
Can i ask a dumb question? Evenif Casey (BITD) does make money, which i highly doubt, what's wrong with that? If you think you can do it cheaper, start promoting your own races. It's a shame to see such a wonderful sport, that is so exciting and so much fun and have fans that don't want to support the promoters. Never would you see NASCAR fans complaining that the promotors make way too much money.

I hope that Desert Racing never goes away (especially as it's how i make a living) but if we're not willing to spend money, it'll eventually fail. I hate to even think that it could happen but eventually if a business doesn't make any money it can't survive.

wayne_demonja

Reaction
Everyone is talking about the LAND USE FEE of $325.00 that doesnt sound bad its the LAND RECOVERY FEE of $ 450.00 @ est 100 vehicles = $45,000.00 and the entry fee of $500.00 with $250.00 as pay back. My question is were is the LAND RECOVERY FEE going at the amount of money? Alos in SCORE there is a insurance fee and none in BITD. The added fee is making the sport qustionable.

Uncle_Bob

Reaction
For cryin out loud. Who give a crap about what the cost is. If your worried about the cost, come on over to MORE or MDR so we can whoop your tail end! Even with a leaf sprung truck like Matt's. lol
If you what to run with the big dogs, pony up to the bar son! I run MORE and MDR and venturing out into SNORE next month. I will eventually get to BITD. I know a lot of people over there and have NEVER heard a bad word about Casey! Accually they have been bugging me to come over sooner than our program is allowing us to.

Dave_G

Reaction
Sandmaster said:
Can i ask a dumb question?

Can I ask an even dumber one?

Why is everyone even bothering to respond to a post that was generated on August 16, 2001 and that person has sinced been locked out of the forum?

TDORSloppy

Reaction
I pretty sure one of the RDC moderators deleted this guys account. Obvisiously he was nuisance and does not belong on this board in the first place.

Jerry B

Reaction
Does any body have the Lowrance high GPS track for Vegas Reno?