vegas to reno in the cooler times?

chase for food

Reaction
why cant vegas to reno be in the cooler time of the year? would there be bigger entries? iam sure there is a solid reason,but what is it?

BajaFand

Reaction
Maybe because cooler times of the year in those climates means snow?

Jack

Reaction
Becuase finishing in the snow means frozen hands. (96)

Martin

Reaction
I think the 96 Vegas to Reno was in late March and we had 3 passes we had to go through snow.

y2kbaja

Reaction
Think of the hunting season, bird nesting seasons, etc, this is what determines what time of the year we can race accross an entire state.

D Bergstrom

Reaction
I have never really thought the heat was that bad. By the time it warms up you are usually at higher elevation. I really doubt people do not enter due to the heat. Heck, I remember going to the Fireworks 250 in July in Barstow, just a touch hotter!

Doug

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
I have never really thought the heat was that bad. By the time it warms up you are usually at higher elevation. I really doubt people do not enter due to the heat. Heck, I remember going to the Fireworks 250 in July in Barstow, just a touch hotter!

Doug
I think in '94 it was 122 degrees out there. HOT...

EMS702

Rescue 1
Reaction
I just want to see it go Reno to Vegas.
I always thought that would be a nice switch up as well. Have awards in Vegas instead of Reno. BITD is based in Vegas though so probably easier on them logistically. Although Downtown Reno for tech would be a blast.

Forty1Racing

Reaction
^ I kinda like that idea it would be different.. makes the drive home even longer if you break early though! :eek:

y2kbaja

Reaction
^ I kinda like that idea it would be different.. makes the drive home even longer if you break early though! :eek:
Not if you lived in Nor Cal.