Vegas to Reno pit access?

pcoplin

Reaction
This is my first time driving V2R. I'm doing it with a few friends who have helped pit before. My plan was to take the truck and camper, and have a friend drive it pit to pit. They were saying I may have issues getting it into a few pits. 2005 F350 4wd with a 9.5 foot Lance on it. What do you think?

Also, the car owner was thinking about driving his Toterhome along and parking it along the highway or near the pit roads. How far off the roads are the pits for him?

Thanks for the help!

#4822 Ultra4

nohandslance

Reaction
Most pits are just a few hundred yards off highway 95. More access as you get further North.
Rawhide is a remote so plan for that fuel dump in Mina if you only have one Chase truck. BITD does not like vehicles parking on side of road at pit and road crossings.
Good Luck
Lance

pcoplin

Reaction
How bad are the access roads? I hear there can be some deep ditches.

Should I ditch the camper and just roll with the pickup?

Jack

Reaction
The pit just north of tonapa is very silty. Not good for trying to bring trailers into. There will be notes in the pit books expanding each pit and how the access is.

pcoplin

Reaction
Gotcha, thank you. I assume they will be coming out on the 26th then.

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Reaction
If you do find yourself parking in any of the pit areas, please understand some of these spots are very tight for support vehicles - allow them the front row parking and leave your vehicles parked behind the pit road.

Pit 3 - Cotton tail you can park on the opposite side of the old brothel and see vehicles coming into the pit and leaving to the road crossing -

Pit 1, 4, 9, 11 and 12 are extremely tight parking for even race teams to get into it and service their vehicles which sucks cause watching 800 HP TT's race through the town of Gabbs is really a great experience.

Enjoy the experience!

johndjmix

Reaction
Pit (12 I believe) I understand is one of those once your in ...your in till the end of the race...so keep that in mind!

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

frozenh2o

Reaction
If your buddy is an experienced off-roader you'll have no problem with a 4x4 camper in the pits. On the other hand, a newbie could get stuck in a rig like that. That self-contained Lance with all the comforts of home would make a great chase rig.

clogking

Reaction
What Class are you in? If its a later starting class you should be Ok in most Pits. The faster class's(TTs,1s 10s,6100) make for intresting pitting. Are you there for drive by's or are you fueling the Car/truck?