Vegas to Reno update

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Modelman just informed me that Ragland is in the lead followed by Weyhrich and then Hovey. He said lots of crashes and injuries. I will post more when I hear back.

allwaysbaja

Reaction
update: 2:50 pm.
just spoke with Tim Mow, Ragland through Tonopah(1st 4 wheel vehicle) chase crew immediately following him. problem?
class 1 or 1500.
D. Anderson (huge lead)
J. Gaughn
S. Berri (holdin chuck up)
Hovey.
Weyrichs down with electrical probs. trigger sensors.

allwaysbaja

Reaction
also Jesse Jones missed a turn around pit 3, high centered the truck somewhere......lost connection sorry. will post when i know more.

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Just spoke to modelman.

Nick Baldwin first TT through pit8
Taylor running second
No Ragland as of yet

Anderson was leading class 1

Hogan leading Protrucks

The earlier report of crashes I guess involved bikes.

There is a report of a racetruck running a red light and hitting a spectators vehicle. Not sure on the details.

btshannon

Reaction
Roessler was first through Rachel (RM 125).

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
I just got home, I was filming at RM 9 and at RM 111. We were checking out spots to shoot from after the bikes went through at RM 9, there was a flagman there directing the race vehicles onto a dirt ranch road. Another BITD van went on the road on the course to go check things out before the 4 wheel vehicles started, he came back and said he found a bike but no rider at RM 14, he went and asked the flagman at RM 20 if he knew anything and he said no. Then the flagman at RM 9 headed back to the start, then came back with another BITD truck and a cop car and the cop had his lights on and went on the actual course going towards RM 14. By now the TT's and 1's started, they started stopping the protrucks and telling them to watch out for the cops before they started on the dirt ranch road. I asked what was up, they told me they found the rider of the bike and he was deceased. I didnt get any details but they told me it had nothing to do with another 4 wheel vehicle. About 10 minutes later the BITD helicopter, im guessing it's theirs, its maroon and at every BITD race, come flying out of the canyon close to the walls over to the scene. If anyone can confirm this, please do, I dont want to spread any rumors, Im just staing what I was told by BITD officials. Other than the sad news to start the morning off, it was a fun race for me, my first VtoR. Ragland was hauling butt. Got to see alot of new places in my home state I have never seen before. Also does anyone know if Dircks and Porter was running a prerunner instead of the race truck? I saw a F-150 prerunner take off with the TT's with the same paint scheme as the TT. My videos will be up ASAP.

C_Baldwin

Reaction
Hi everyone! I just spoke with hubby (modelman) from the finish-line, here's the unofficial results as he knows it: Kyle Taylor 1st overall in TT, Danny Anderson 1st in Class 1, Johnson was 2nd in ProTruck, Hovey came in 5th in Class 1 (cooling fan problems set him back).

Tucker in Class ?? did well and so did Dean/ Flash Gone ??? Sorry I didn't understand what Dave was trying to tell me about these racers- I'm a novice at this off-road reporting stuff. Hopefully you all know what I'm talking about.

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
ORC has some unoffical finishers listed and also pictures... go check it out.
offroad.com

Does anyone have word on Jesse Jones ?

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
Thanks Klaus!

I just did another update (hit the wall last night after 24hrs no sleep)

Jesse missed a turn and got stuck hard somewhere around Pit #3. He did finish though.

Any word about Ragland?

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
Manfroy through Rachel at 22MPH and that's it per BFG.

dadomin8r

Reaction
"Also does anyone know if Dircks and Porter was running a prerunner instead of the race truck? I saw a F-150 prerunner take off with the TT's with the same paint scheme as the TT. My videos will be up ASAP."

Yeah, I heard that they ran their prerunner cuz the truck is getting prepped for Henderson.

Salvador

Reaction
The Dirck & Porter Pre Runner, it was built by Curry of Mexicali, it was for Todd Thornburg of Imperial, he sold it to Jeff Dickerson, and want it to modifiedid with A Arms, Pro Truck Motor and more stuff, but he sold it to Dirck & Porter .

Its good to now that all ready two trucks build by Curry have racing in Trophy Truck / Trick Truck, the first it was at Laughlin last year for Vilsosola (Rodrigo Ampudia the Owner of Papas and Beer) and now this truck.