Vegas to Reno update

dave

Reaction
WOW ! What a great time I had. I'd like to give a Big Thanks to the All Ways Racing Team for
everything this week. It was a great race guys. Here's a few pic's Most from Pit 8.

Attachments

• 59715-Mvc-007f.jpg
    59715-Mvc-007f.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 398

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Just walked in the door. Team ORC Quad/Projet Raptor with Dean and Justin Waters and myself, take 1st in class-Amateur Quad in 14hrs1min. Justin is 13 and the youngest competitor to race and finish the V2R, Man I had a blast
. More later. I am going to bed. Left Reno at 3am and drove to vegas and hopped on a plane back to TX for my sons birthday.

erikh

Reaction
Wow, what a great time. My first time in a race truck and I'm lucky enough to ride with Jesse Jones and Scott Steinberger. I got a little more than I bargined for and rode for about 400 miles since Barry had to get out early. But who wouldn't jump at that chance, right?

I'll post some of the videos and pics I shot later on pciracing.com and will write a more detailed story for the site. I'm tired and a little sore at the moment.

If anyone has pictures of 1476, I would love to use them for the web site. Just PM me. Thanks.

Thanks Jesse & Scott for a great experience!

erik

NOODLE

Reaction
WOW, what a race. I got back at about 11 last night. Kyle Taylor moved at a blistering pace which often left us barely setting up pit before he reached us. His average speed of 60mph. was only 1mph slower than that of the fastest bike. Besides winning TT getting the overall was a great accomplishment finishing 5min.45sec quicker than Danny Anderson and 50 minutes quicker than the next TT of Nick Baldwin. Having one flat tire and the loss of engine braking did not slow down his winning pace. When he came through pit 10 it wasnt until 13 minutes later the next car came through and at pit 13 it was 17 minutes. Dust from the Kia slowed him along with Arnold, the bass boat(Dondel) and Riviera for the first part of the race. He stayed consistant and it payed off. The day after the win he got to drive throught the ribbon in his truck which opened the Off-road Hall of Fame in Reno. All in all it was a great victory and he is looking forward to another at the Baja Mex 300.

mgobaja

Reaction
What does Kyle use for his " engine braking " besides the transmission possibly ????

RacnCPA

Reaction
I heard from one of Trackside's photographers that it is true. He was in that area and it took awhile to find the body, but he confirmed it. No evidence of another vehicle included in the incident. I don't know who it was or any other details except that the photographer had come to Lucerne from Reno with that story. My sympathy goes out to the family of this unknown rider.

yotatech

Reaction
As far as I know one of the bands was not engaging or working properly, so there was no engine braking in 2nd gear.

Steve_Sourapas

Reaction
He most likely broke the second gear band that allows you to use the compression of the engine to slow you down.I broke one at the Baja 500 and it's not a major problem, under power you don't even notice it but it does cause you to use more brakes that if it was working.If you saw the pin that holds the band together you wouldn't think it would go 5 miles with the horsepower and weight of the trucks we drive.I believe Talyors running a Turbo 400 with a Patton engine.Congrads to them on a job well done.

Baja_Seve

Reaction
I was running a motorcycle pit at Pit 4 (RM 125) for Mag 7 when I heard about the motorcycle fatality Friday morning. No 4-wheel vehicles involved, took awhile to locate the rider. Very cryptic exchanges on the BITD freq. At either RM 12 or RM 14. Rider was in 35 Expert class. Nothing in Vegas or Reno newspapers. Understand delay for notification of next of kin, but would appreciate any official information. Deepest condolonces to the rider's family from Mag 7 and DP Racing.

Seve

Jack

Reaction
I found this on the district 37 web site:

( Todd Cary ) was killed in yesterdays event. I cannot get any more info. Does any body know any thing. Todd used to race dist. 38 about 15 years ago. He was a very good rider. He is married now with two young girls. God Bless you.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
I got an email from a gentleman named Louis from desertracing.com, here is what it said.

'I talked to a sheriff's deputy from Lincoln County when I drove back through
Alamo. He said that accident the emergency vehicles were responding
to was a fatal motorcycle accident. He wouldn't give me the name of the
rider, but said that it looked as if the rider was going about 80 mph when
he left the road. There was no braking and it looked like the rider was
trying to make his way back to the track when he hit a rock in a bush. He
landed on his head - the deputy thought it was instantly fatal.'

My thoughts and prayers go out to the rider and his family.