Vegas to Reno

T.martin

Reaction
With the race starting in Bonnie Claire, does anyone have an idea on the pit locations for the first half of the race? The top half doesn't change much.

E.Hagle

Reaction
Got a call today from BITD asking about V2R. They were calling all 6100 trucks to see if they are racing or if not why.

Great that they are taking the time to reach out. Makes me wonder why? I think they know there are some issues with the class and they want to try and fix it.

Anyway it was interesting. I have not signed up yet for V2R as we still have a lot of work to do on the truck and with sponsor changes we may have some budget issues. With all the money into the recent truck changes and some prices going way up its for sure more challenging. Going to do our best to make the race but it’s uncertain at this time.

Mike
You should have said it’s because it’s August in Las Vegas and you already have a weight loss program

JerryB

Reaction
Got a call today from BITD asking about V2R. They were calling all 6100 trucks to see if they are racing or if not why.

Great that they are taking the time to reach out. Makes me wonder why? I think they know there are some issues with the class and they want to try and fix it.

Anyway it was interesting. I have not signed up yet for V2R as we still have a lot of work to do on the truck and with sponsor changes we may have some budget issues. With all the money into the recent truck changes and some prices going way up its for sure more challenging. Going to do our best to make the race but it’s uncertain at this time.

Mike
BITD, and to be fair many other promoters probably in the same boat, don't give a shyte about everyone's complaints until it shows on the balance sheet.....hence the lowering of entry fees for utv and your phone call. But not a concern until the entry numbers are dropping. Prior to that the standard response to racer complaints is "sorry to hear that."

Klaus

Administrator
Solutions
Reaction
BITD, and to be fair many other promoters probably in the same boat, don't give a shyte about everyone's complaints until it shows on the balance sheet.....hence the lowering of entry fees for utv and your phone call. But not a concern until the entry numbers are dropping. Prior to that the standard response to racer complaints is "sorry to hear that."
The intentions of race promoter always leaks through. Most often it's in plain English in the heading of the marketing email/social post. One just has to slow down and ask the right questions. And now that many people run on fear for fuel its actually very easy to see who is who.

This post is not a reflection on BITD, just a general observation.

/rant

E.Hagle

Reaction
so BITD should change the schedule cuz you two can’t party in the heat?
We raced this race last year and the course is ok but it’s not something I’d push for. It’s August in Vegas. You can pretend to be Mr big Dick but it’s not that enjoyable once you’re in a race suit and it’s above 100 degrees. But I’m sure you’ve raced the Baja 2000 in 115 degree weather in your gasser F350.

What is so illogical about wanting to race when it’s not melting hot out? Your pit crew actually wants to go, everyone is in a better mood. It makes more sense. But yea let’s race in August. In Vegas.

Rcamp99

Reaction
We raced this race last year and the course is ok but it’s not something I’d push for. It’s August in Vegas. You can pretend to be Mr big Dick but it’s not that enjoyable once you’re in a race suit and it’s above 100 degrees. But I’m sure you’ve raced the Baja 2000 in 115 degree weather in your gasser F350.

What is so illogical about wanting to race when it’s not melting hot out? Your pit crew actually wants to go, everyone is in a better mood. It makes more sense. But yea let’s race in August. In Vegas.
Damnit hagles, the race isn’t in Vegas 🤣 It starts like 2.5 hours north of here alright.

It’s been 100+ degrees with 30-50% humidity the last few days here and it SUCKS.
Snore is about to race this Saturday night where it will still be 100+ at 2am.

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
Hot, single lane racing and dusty. Race all day and half the night then drive back to so-cal from Reno. Sounds great! I‘m saving up old man energy for the peninsula run in the fall. Have fun.

johndjmix

Reaction
So many complain about the heat. Get a cool shirt system. We love it. Icy cold all race. Surprised. I one else runs it.

—john

E.Hagle

Reaction
Damnit hagles, the race isn’t in Vegas 🤣 It starts like 2.5 hours north of here alright.

It’s been 100+ degrees with 30-50% humidity the last few days here and it SUCKS.
Snore is about to race this Saturday night where it will still be 100+ at 2am.
Everyone from California surfs right