Vehicles you regret selling

Argentino

RDC Crypto
When I was 21 I had a 1990 Mitsubishi GSX AWD Turbo.

Kinda heavy but it was a rocket. I scored an uncountable amount of tickets in that thing. I would love to have it again but. I don't even have a pic of it and had to steal this one.

View attachment 244605
Oh boy... I got in a race with one of these in Ohio. In my SRT. Clearly your car is faster.. but driver mod. So we ended up racing on 344 from Salem Ohio to Letonia Ohio. He blew by me 140. I took the bait. So we raced all the way down through there. I passed before the R/R trax and we took a right toward columbiana Oh. Just then we got boxed by SWAT, FIRE, PD, everyone. I had a gun to my head.

If my friend was not Fire. I was going to jail. They let us both go.

I still have the SRT. It makes 800 on a 70mm turbo.

This old rz

RDC Crypto
Hope your proud if yourself...lol This hurts!!...so here it goes.

And I bought all of these in good condition and great running condition... for under 4k ...except the bikes and newer cars...

70 Challenger
68 Dodge Charger 440 R/T
70 1/2 Z28
My O.G. caged 88 Toyota 22r pickup..
65 Mustang GT coupe
2 Yamaha RZ350s
89 Yamaha FZR1000 Race bike
86 & 88 Suzuki GSXR 750
79 Yamaha Daytona Special
72 Datsun 510 with a 87 Turbo 2 rotary engine.
88 Mazda Cab Plus caged old schoolish (prerunner) w 383 stroker, locker..Raptor...what Raptor...lol
65 Malibu SS 327
88 Mustang 5.0 LX hatch
5lb blower, GT40 heads etc..
Toyota Matrix XRS
My 1st year Scion XB ( My best all around car Eva!)
69 GMC pickup

There's more...but I can't type anymore due to the tears in my eyes

Advertising supports this site

Itsnick

RDC Crypto
Hope your proud if yourself...lol This hurts!!...so here it goes.

And I bought all of these in good condition and great running condition... for under 4k ...except the bikes and newer cars...

70 Challenger
68 Dodge Charger 440 R/T
70 1/2 Z28
My O.G. caged 88 Toyota 22r pickup..
65 Mustang GT coupe
2 Yamaha RZ350s
89 Yamaha FZR1000 Race bike
86 & 88 Suzuki GSXR 750
79 Yamaha Daytona Special
72 Datsun 510 with a 87 Turbo 2 rotary engine.
88 Mazda Cab Plus caged old schoolish (prerunner) w 383 stroker, locker..Raptor...what Raptor...lol
65 Malibu SS 327
88 Mustang 5.0 LX hatch
5lb blower, GT40 heads etc..
Toyota Matrix XRS
My 1st year Scion XB ( My best all around car Eva!)
69 GMC pickup

There's more...but I can't type anymore due to the tears in my eyes
I dig the van though!

43mod

RDC Crypto
Had to think on this . 67ss 4sp nova sold w no regrets . Made a huge house payment . Regret selling my girl friend / wifes 78 civic . Would like to find another . 66 ss chevelle i regret selling but it would have been a pile of rust by now .
Really nice 78 bronco for sale right now 😊 .

Argentino

RDC Crypto
I gotta dig thorough some hard drives, but my 06 Charger was a bad bad machine. We called it the 'Super Charger'. It was a SEMA car for Couture. I changed the wheels and had a few little things different on it, but had big brakes, air ride, and all the bells and whistles. Got it for $12K dollars! It had less than 20K miles.

Micah Gibson and I had some fun times in it. Spinning donuts on the strip. Gabie and I hit right under 200MPH between Caliente and Vegas. The rest of that story is for fire-side but I had to downsize one time and traded it for a Hogley Stevenson Road Glide and a stack of cash. Worst decision ever. I'll never own another Harley again. Total crap. Miss that car.

I saw some kid driving it in Vegas. It's slaughtered. No super charger, no air bags, and it's completely trashed. Such a shame. But I did ask the kid WTF he did to my car. He said he got it trashed from the guy I traded it to.

1652537501270.png

43mod

RDC Crypto
My buddy rolled his 79 toy about 10 steps from my ( parents ) front door . I stood there laughing so hard it hurt holding the last 3-4 Budwiesers from the case we drank . He was pissed at me for laughing , it was funny . Named my first born after that wild man .

JDDurfey

RDC Crypto
Cutlass.jpg

It technically wasn't mine, but since I helped my brother buy it I drove it anytime I wanted. 68 Olds Cutlass Supreme. All original except for the cover over the top when down. It wasn't quick around town, but it would purr at 120 on the freeway. I was a regular at the car show at the Pavilions in Scottsdale in the late 90's/ early 2000's with it. It was in a few photo shoots. We rebuilt the 350 Rocket engine and put a 4 barrel intake on it. Also swapped the power glide trans for a Turbo 350. Had dual exhaust built for it too. Sounded good and ran much better around town after that.

Unfortunately he lost it in his divorce. Long story, his ex hated the car, but took it anyway just to mess with him. I begged her to let him keep it, but she wouldn't have any part of it.

We grew up in the back seat of a 67 442. I have my eye on one now, but I can't quite justify buying it. It won't be going anywhere anytime soon, so hopefully in a year or so I can swing the 442.

JDDurfey

RDC Crypto
First Gen.jpg

This was my first diesel pickup. 92 model with auto trans. I bought it in 99 in Phoenix. I pulled a trailer daily with it for my landscaping company for several years. I drove it until 04 with it broke the cam shaft in Baker. I drove this truck cross country several times and up and down Baja. It has been to Rancho Coyote several times before the road was paved. I put air ride suspension front and rear. I ran 285/75R16 tires with nice rims.

I had a bolt come loose behind the front cover and drop down onto the cam gear and that was the end of the day for me. Breaking down on I-15 outside Baker in the May was not fun. Thankfully it was only about 105 that day. I hauled it to our ranch in Texas in 04. I put a junk yard engine in it in 08. I rebuilt the original engine and used it for a Cummins swap in my dad's 95 Chevy. It is still running like a champ. I had planned to fix this up for my son to drive, but I needed cash for a house down payment and sold it. I wish I had restored it. But I have a 95 Dodge extended cab that I am about to start restoring for my son to drive in 6 years.

Tube ride

RDC Crypto
Had to think on this . 67ss 4sp nova sold w no regrets . Made a huge house payment . Regret selling my girl friend / wifes 78 civic . Would like to find another . 66 ss chevelle i regret selling but it would have been a pile of rust by now .
Really nice 78 bronco for sale right now 😊 .
92CD722A-155C-4BED-8A2B-EA66F877F772.jpegThere is a clean 78 in Tucson CL

bajafox

Barely Accepted
RDC Crypto
1962 Ford Falcon 2dr with a 170ci inline 6 and 3 on the tree. It was my first car and the one I learned to drive stick shift in.

I've checked craigslist over the years looking for one but they are in the thousands now, I got mine for $600 and worked on it with my dad. Had to push start it to get to school a few times a week but if my friends wanted a ride that was the cost lol
IMG-20210710-WA0003.jpg

corvairclass1

RDC Crypto
65 21 window micro bus deluxe. 1964 Chevy impal SS 409 BB 4speed and a clutch , 73 VW thing, 81 Datsun b210, just to name a few .
I have a b210, needs a good bit of body work though, there is 2 big dents and the floorboards are rusted through. Would fix it up but prerunner project has taken most of my attention at the moment

Itsnick

RDC Crypto
1962 Ford Falcon 2dr with a 170ci inline 6 and 3 on the tree. It was my first car and the one I learned to drive stick shift in.

I've checked craigslist over the years looking for one but they are in the thousands now, I got mine for $600 and worked on it with my dad. Had to push start it to get to school a few times a week but if my friends wanted a ride that was the cost lolView attachment 244794
This was my Son's first car. Dug it out of a field in the bay area. Sadly, it was too far gone to do anything with.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1642714243819.jpg
    FB_IMG_1642714243819.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 0
  • FB_IMG_1642714265858.jpg
    FB_IMG_1642714265858.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 0

bajafox

Barely Accepted
RDC Crypto
This was my Son's first car. Dug it out of a field in the bay area. Sadly, it was too far gone to do anything with.
After my post I checked clist, there's a '63 Rancher for $900, sadly my wife would probably kill me if I brought that home

1652817582102.png

corvairclass1

RDC Crypto
View attachment 244727

It technically wasn't mine, but since I helped my brother buy it I drove it anytime I wanted. 68 Olds Cutlass Supreme. All original except for the cover over the top when down. It wasn't quick around town, but it would purr at 120 on the freeway. I was a regular at the car show at the Pavilions in Scottsdale in the late 90's/ early 2000's with it. It was in a few photo shoots. We rebuilt the 350 Rocket engine and put a 4 barrel intake on it. Also swapped the power glide trans for a Turbo 350. Had dual exhaust built for it too. Sounded good and ran much better around town after that.

Unfortunately he lost it in his divorce. Long story, his ex hated the car, but took it anyway just to mess with him. I begged her to let him keep it, but she wouldn't have any part of it.

We grew up in the back seat of a 67 442. I have my eye on one now, but I can't quite justify buying it. It won't be going anywhere anytime soon, so hopefully in a year or so I can swing the 442.
your brothers ex-wif sounds like a piece of work, sad to hear a part of your growing up was taken by someone that was so twisted.

Sheepdog

RDC Crypto
My 2004 R1 was one that I did NOT regret selling.

I bought it new, to use as my Open Supersport and Open Superbike race bike, as well as to instruct at track days and in our racing school, the first year this generation of R1 came out.

I chose the R1 because Yamaha's contingency payment program offered $2,000 per win in each of those two classes, and the exhaust was tucked up under the tail, so I figured it would crash better than it's competitors. I never did crash it.

It handled well for the time and for what it was, but my new MV Agusta F3 800 handles WAY better.

It was my last fully analog bike, with no electronic rider aids.

The stock shock was utter crap. I scored an Ohlins built for the Graves factory Yamaha race bikes, and it transformed the bike.

One of the strangest things about these, were that they were big-bore, short-stroke engines with 5 valves per cylinder, PLUS they had Yamaha's "EXUP" valve in the exhaust system. Between those two things, they felt like a 600 with a really big turbo. They didn't make much power down low, the EXUP valve made a MASSIVE hole in the powerband at about 7,500 rpm, and then they ran strong from about 8,000 rpm to the rev limiter at 14,100 rpm. You wouldn't notice the lack of low-rpm power on the race track, but on the street, it was agonizing, especially since first gear was geared for 104 mph. I installed a 4 into 2 into 1 into 2 full titanium Graves/Toobee exhaust system that eliminated the EXUP valve, and a Power Commander to map around it, which gave it another 5-6 peak horsepower, but filled in the hole at 7,500 rpm to the tune of about 20 horsepower, allowing me to ride a gear higher in many places, and shift about half as much.

Once it got old enough that Yamaha quit paying contingency money on it, I retired it to use as a street bike. Eventually I sold it to a guy, and was really bummed to find out that he died shortly after buying it. FORTUNATELY, I then found out that he didn't die on the bike- it was in the shop at the time for maintenance. I was already looking forward to a Ducati Panigale or an MV Agusta, so I made no effort to follow it from there.

Attachments

• 20210410_220153.jpg
    20210410_220153.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0

Sheepdog

RDC Crypto
That's Robert "Evel" Knievel's autograph on the left shoulder of my leathers. He was an iconic celebrity from my youth, but definitely not a "hero" to me.

I was out on a group ride one day, and we stopped at a Harley-Briggs&Stratton dealer to see a friend who worked there. Knievel was doing some kind of paid promotional appearance very late in his life, accompanied by a pickup hauling a trailer full of junk from his previous exploits. While we were waiting for our friend, I had Knievel autograph my leathers, mostly because I was bored. At that point in life, he was just a crotchety broken-down old man, and meeting him did nothing to endear him to me. He died not too long after.