VIDEO-8030 Vegas to Reno with crash!

bajaboy7

Well here it is, better late than never. The 2016 Vegas To Reno Crash!

We had quite the day passing and driving good around all the stuck cars and trucks and one car in the dust and one Joshua Tree put an end to our race.

A huge Safety Item that we cannot thank enough is the Mastercraft Safety Accel Head Restraint! They gave two of these for out First Place finish at the Parker 425!
These were great and we had zero head and neck issues! Thanks you for your superior quality products!!!

We would like to thank all the sponsors that help us unconditionally.
#BFGTIRES #BFGoodrichtires @bfgoodrichtires
#autometer #rdetransmission #RuggedRadios #Turn2TV #kingshocks #mastercraftsafety @mastercraftsafety #Accel #walkerevanswheels #optimabatteries @optimabatteries #sunocoracefuels Sunoco Racing King Off-Road Racing Shocks #801Race #kittyII #kittymotorsports #bitd #v2r #vegas2reno #Prepyourshit #sponsors #chevy #8030 #vegas
#Prerunner #crashes #desertracing #accidentshappen #accident #shitwillbuffout

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

blue dog

Did you clip the Joshua tree with your rear ? Glad everyone was ok.

Dezertpilot

Dang that sucks! That buggy in front had a flat so why aren't they pulled off the course and fixing it? Seems pretty lame of them to do what they did.

GBRACER

Dang that sucks! That buggy in front had a flat so why aren't they pulled off the course and fixing it? Seems pretty lame of them to do what they did.
you must be kidding the passing car has the responsibility of passing clean hitting a tree well that's talented.

ChromolyKid

That was a healthy J-tree! Glad you guys are alright and got the truck repaired for Bluewater, one of the best looking 8 trucks around in my opinion. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Pee Wee

I wonder where the wheel is on the 20 stuck cars he passed, he was up on that far away wheel when he passed them.

ksmith

LOVE this 8 truck! One of the nicest built trucks out there. Cool video and great job passing all the stuck cars! Bummed your race ended that way but as you say "that's racing"
Ever since I met the German family years ago at a Vorra race they have always been true sportsmen while racing. I see that in this video as well. Some drivers would avoid the tree and friend the buggy most likely ending their day, but you guys worked hard to avoid hitting the other car and unfortunately the tree gotcha! Better luck next time! Hopefully we can catch up with you guys again at a desert race next year. Are you guys running any Vorra desert races anymore or strictly BITD?

Dezertpilot

you must be kidding the passing car has the responsibility of passing clean hitting a tree well that's talented.
I never said I was an actual racer just a keyboard racer lol

3 Amigos Racing

Dang that some tough luck that combination timing on the pass and josh hump at same time.. Amazing number of stuck rides you had to get through..

johnnyweb

Good to see you guys back at it in Parker.

Zeppe807

We are back up and Racing! Don and Chris did a great job repairing the damaged parts and had it racing at the 2016 Blue Water Challenge!

August 19th 2016

The tree:

How we landed:

KITTY II Drove out on her own power!

JCAraiza

When I first watched this video I thought you got hit from behind, glad you guys are ok and back to racing!

3 Amigos Racing

Did I hear thee cars drive by on the video after rolling? No one stopped. They must have been jaded by the 20 dudes you passed already stuck. Not cool.

blue dog

Surprising the rest of the fabricated rear end looks straight. Got any close up pics of the section that of the snapped rear ended housing ?
Sidebar. If someone props up that Joshua tree, it will probably keep on living a desert life.
Again, awesome all walked away, and with a story to tell.

clogking

Chris and the team are a class act! Great team and good humans!