Video from BITD race

mgobaja

Reaction
I heard that Victor Fabian might have some video from this weekends BITD race in Baja ? If so can you post it, I would like to see what I missed.

frankh

Reaction
No there was a flash flood, He jumped it. If you did not do that then you had to go a ways around it. I think we may have been the last car through before the river started to flow.

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
Can't wait to see the rest of the video (again), and the incar. reaching down into the water to shift gears just doesn't seem right.

p.s. Good job Frank....Long day for all of us!

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Is the river running right across the course and people were trying to jump it? Where the car ends up doesn't seem to be a "course" but rather a big empty field. At any rate, it looks pretty ugly!

frankh

Reaction
Yes the course crossed a wash. It started to rain up in the hills and there was a flash flood. I think they found a place where they thought they could cross. I was not at that pit it is just what I hear. It was not running when are car went through. Then just minutes after Dennis went through it started to flow.

dislocated1

Reaction
We were sitting next to Hovey's car at that river crossing and he told me that he was going to jump the river I though he was crazy, so I told Kevin to bring the truck around so that the in-car camera would catch the jump. He hit that thing so fast and just floated over it, it was a sight to see! The flooding between Pit 4 and Pit 5 was the most insane stuff I have ever been in, somehow about 10 minutes after Hovey's car went through the water level dropped and we were able to splash through the river just barely! and made our way to pit 5. Crazy times in Mexico that is for sure