Video Help

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
I know some of you guys are pretty good at this video stuff. Been dabbleing with my video camera, JVC Super VHS GR-SXM930, SVHSC camcorder. It has S video cable hook up and I have that hooked up to my video card which has a s video hookup. Its a Geforc4 TI4600. I have some software, MGI Videowave 5.0 and how the heck do I transfer the video from my camera to my harddrive and view it? Than I can start playing around with this software I have. I cant seem to figure out how to get the video off my camera. Thanks in advance
Marc

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
The video card came with a Y adapater. One says in and the other says out. I guess the out is for hooking up a DVD or something to my TV. It has another jack on the back of it. Some other kind of plug. looks kinda like the video monitor plug cept smaller.

desertratt

Reaction
hey marc, i use dazzle to do my vidieo stuff. its easy to use and comes with the soft ware to do what ever you want to do. i can down load off just about any thing.

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
I got some software that came with my card, powerdirector and powerdvd. Will try that. Enough with that. Long day tommorow.......Will see ya down in Ensenada

sbro

Reaction
Your video editing software should be able to record from your video camera. Look for a "capture video" option in the program. You may have to configure the settings to tell the program you are using the S-Video line in. Some are set on RCA or DV input by default. If it still isn't getting an input signal, look for video software that may have been bundled with your pc, there should be something included to utilize the video in option. If all else fails, find out the make/model of your video card and browse the manufacturer's website. They usually have an FAQ for just this sort of thing and can probably guide you down the right path.

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
I got it to work. I was missing a driver. The WDM driver. Once I d/l the driver the program recognized my camera and DVD player.

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Ok new question on this video editing. I can get the video off the camera now. But, it has no sound. How do I get the sound to work. Sorry about the stupid questions about this but I have nver messed with it. I have Power VCR and MGI Videowave 5.0. I am using the s video hookup. I also have the yellow and white RCA jacks with the s video adapter on the end. But I cant get the video or the sound to work with it. Any suggestions?

stuckthrottle

Godlike
Reaction
how are importing video right now?
If youre using the video (yellow) rca or the s-video plug then youll need an adapter to go from audio rca to mini-stereo plug (mic or line in).

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Right now I am using the S-Video cable.I have a yellow and white RCA cable that goes into an s video plug.

YotaWhoopRunner

Reaction
try puting the white and red (only white if mono) into the sound card's "line in" jack. You may have to my an adapter from rca to mini stereo plug, but that should work. There should be an options area in your program where you can specify the incoming sound to the sound card's line in.