• Forum membership has its advantages....

Video of Mongo racing's stop at Goodyear/Locosmocos Pit D

spalind

as it says...video from pit D manned by Goodyear/Locos Mocos volunteers of Mongo Racing's stop...

Last edited by a moderator:

Sheaco

cool video, thanks

spalind

I could be wrong but I don't think any of our Locos Mocos crew was at Pit D, we ran all the other 4 Goodyear pits. But regardless it looks like that crew was doing a good job. Thanks for the video.
Not your personal crew perhaps but we were there and I have the Goodyear/Locosmocos tshirt to prove it!! Just ask Nicole from TC...she'll tell you who we were!!:D

Junior

Something very important seems to have been overlooked during this pit stop. Maybe some veteran chase/pit guys could chime in here.

Junior

ShaneR

Something very important seems to have been overlooked during this pit stop. Maybe some veteran chase/pit guys could chime in here.

Junior
To easy! They need someone with a fire extingushier at the rear of the truck! Correct?

spalind

To easy! They need someone with a fire extingushier at the rear of the truck! Correct?
If thats the case, then no, we did not have someone with extinguisher in hand at the rear of the truck...it was however, readily handy, less than 4 feet from the truck, under the table with all the tools on it, ready to go....

ShaneR

We don't always have someone holding the fire extinguisher either, always in reach but short handed sometimes so no one actualy holding it. I am just assuming that is what Junior is going to say?

JPhillips

no body tightened the lug nuts. No matter how tight ours are at the begining, it still needs it.

DeanB

Goodyear asked B&G Racing (Blakely and Gerber) if they would run one of their pits. Locos Mocos was in charge of all the pits, but B&G Racing helped out with Pit D.

Side note: About half of the people in Pit D had never been to a desert race before. They drove/flew in from all over to help out. They did a great job and worked hard all weekend. They far exceeded our expectations.

Dean Blakely

Junior

Spot on Shane! If you do not have enough people to man the fire bottle, you do not have enough people to work a fuelling pit, period.

When a fire breaks out with possibly several people on fire is not the time to go looking for that fire bottle over there under the table....

Junior