• Forum membership has its advantages....

Vildosola caught cheating???

Andy Mac

Simply Stunning
Before I say what I am going to say, this is exactly why I have an RDC account: to defend ourselves as a TT team when we are mislabeled by the masses (as I'm sure other TT teams will agree with what I am saying here now). This will be my only post in this thread, and I'm only doing it to clear the air for MY team.

When people on this forum and people involved with our sport question the integrity of "those TT racers", I take that both personally and to heart. You ask would we (I) stop in a pit and give up track position? I say this:

I came upon the Menzies pre-runner rolled over in a very bad spot in a high speed left turn around Gonzaga Bay. Although I disagree with their decision to take their pre-runner down the race course in front of me (I was 6th vehicle physically on the course at this point), creating dust I was having to drive through, they are my friends and a fellow competitor and I did what I would want someone to do for my team if that had happened. I stopped, didn't see any movement or anyone standing outside the vehicle, so I had my co-rider call to our airplane and I exited our truck and ran up to the pre-runner. 2 guys popped their heads and said they were perfectly fine. So, I jumped back in my truck, buckled in and continued down the course. What I didn't like seeing was 2 other TT's blow past Menzies and myself, not even slowing down and waiting for a wave from us that everything was ok. Also, what Menzies pre-runner did was perfectly legal to do. No harm no foul. I don't blame them at all, it's just racing in Baja...

I hate it when people lump ALL TT TEAMS into the "cheating" arena.

My team (#31) does NOT cheat. We haven't had a Helicopter in a race since 2006. I don't use a helicopter for this reason: so people can't say I talk to my chopper and that the chopper leads me thru the dust (which I know for a fact other teams do and have personally witnessed through numerous videos, although I HAVE NEVER DONE THIS even when we did have a helicopter). I don't take shortcuts that are illegal. My Chase trucks did not drive down the course to Coco's after the pavement ended.

We tell the guys driving our chase vehicles that THEY represent US, our family, and to never ever put anyone's life at risk. They are human, and some do make mistakes from time to time, but we make sure mistakes only happen once per person, and we try to make an example out of each situation (like Mark Weyrich did in the other thread).

My point is that SOME of us DO have integrity, both on and off the race track. I know that I would feel like crap if we won a race but knew that we cheated and won with an unfair advantage. We don't want to be labeled as cheaters or as "creative" racers. SOME of us DO play by the rules, as should everyone else. Unfortunately, people get creative and find ways around the rules.

Carry on with all this nonsense...

SEANY

That's total Bull Crap! There are individual owners and teams whose integrity is beyond reproach. Sponsors and fans want results until their heroes cross that line. There is an old Navy SEAL saying..."If you are not cheating, you are not trying...but if you get caught, shame on you." The problem is that attitude is adequate and acceptable in war, not necessarily sport...Find yourself some integrity...your win will be more satisfying.
Try quoting my whole point not just half. I am currently watching an NFL game where a player just questionably tackled another player by using the face mask. Now with a simply replay they could tell he didn't, but how many times in the nfl does someone knowingly get away with a face mask tackle? Just saying....

nimrod

KOOK!
The Desert Assassins have fallen out of a top 12 finish at the 500 TWICE by stopping to help people in the last 70 miles.
That's a pretty big deal as your pretty well out of luck for the Baja 1000 drawing. Shoot Ricky G even had Torta drive a quad so they could load up the injured rider. Now Torta rips on a moto but a quad is a whole different story.

Yeah Torta!!!

I'm very proud of my brothers, we ain't perfect little angels but we do try to be good people.

I'm pretty sure this thread means nothing. If I finished second and my major sponsor was an energy drink that just lost to a different energy drink I'd have a slew of lawyers bugging Score. I'm pretty sure we can all relax and wait to hear about the real back room drama once it begins to leak out.

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
Try quoting my whole point not just half. I am currently watching an NFL game where a player just questionably tackled another player by using the face mask. Now with a simply replay they could tell he didn't, but how many times in the nfl does someone knowingly get away with a face mask tackle? Just saying....
Not an attack on you, just on the idea that some see cheating as a purposeful and plausible solution to win...

Expianista

Once upon a time
Makes the Grimm Brothers sound like some amateurs
He should set-uo at the next contingency a place one can go and get slapped with a
wet rag in the face if that was not enough for it's personal taste.
Watching the video and now hearing that makes me think you believe everybody is a fool....

Best are the last sentence:
"And if we get penalized we will appeal and present more evidence"... how about doing so BEFORE you get penalized??

Still shopping for a dark truck and some poor souls that give them self in and admit they been fans driving on the highway and decide to help the home-team with some repairs??

And you Tavo, you stink!! This is in relation to your supposed incapability to deny ANYBODY to touch your race-truck driving 60 mph down a highway
This guy was not attached to your vehicle picking up some in the pick-up bed and you had at least a mile of clear road behind you to slow down and deny them further action....
You had no rear view?? Is that the next excuse?

This whole story is a blunt statement called in other parts of this planet a lie!
You expect we all believe you over our lying eyes??
Liar liar pants on fire song....

You a Red Bull athlete and re-present that brand - another reason to never drink that stuff....

Replacement String:

Last edited by a moderator:

AP255

21 fastest at the 1000 great drive especially considering starting position! Blowing through an EZup no worries that happens. But that story with that video? Better check the kitchen the toast is burning. Obama will need some good pr like that the next 4 years too.

NCwilbur

Off with their heads!

I'm kidding but I don't care who or where you cheat but rules are rules for a reason. You might get away with one time but you have to live with what you know was wrong. Yea the win is huge for the #21 team for few reasons but don't play rest of teams or fans as fools either. If you tried to pull a fast one and got caught them just accept it as that, you keep respect but now it seems childish to lie about something so dumb!

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
I cannot fathom Tavo would say such outrageous things...He is no idiot and sounds articulate, but the claim of innocent sounds idiotic; the whole story of the encounter. Strangely, he doesn't state that obvious fact, which is also strange? I'm guessing he's laughing (nervously) at SCORE and Red Bull and the fans...question is...did he get his prize money already??

As for the camp-site "terror-attack"...I personally find that a Disqualify-able offense in itself. Sal STRESSES safety...especially the safety of the Nationals...how can blowing a corner (real driver mistake) be justified by continuing off the course at "full-tilt" (purposeful lapse of judgement) through people standing along the course route? Did the driver have no care for human life?

oldman dirt

Once upon a time
Makes the Grimm Brothers sound like some amateurs
He should set-uo at the next contingency a place one can go and get slapped with a
wet rag in the face if that was not enough for it's personal taste.
Watching the video and now hearing that makes me think you believe everybody is a fool....

eleven minutes of babbbling bull **
¡Ay, caramba!****
¡Ay, caramba!****
¡Ay, caramba!****
¡Ay, caramba!**...hos tracker wasnt working so he blew the corner, is he blind......and why didnt he lay on the siren and scare the **
¡Ay, caramba!****
¡Ay, caramba!****
¡Ay, caramba!****
¡Ay, caramba!** out of the guy the fricking pa spaeaker is right there, that would have at least told him to stop..
sad..................

Best are the last sentence:
"And if we get penalized we will appeal and present more evidence"... how about doing so BEFORE you get penalized??

Still shopping for a dark truck and some poor souls that give them self in and admit they been fans driving on the highway and decide to help the home-team with some repairs??

And you Tavo, you stink!! This is in relation to your supposed incapability to deny ANYBODY to touch your race-truck driving 60 mph down a highway
This guy was not attached to your vehicle picking up some in the pick-up bed and you had at least a mile of clear road behind you to slow down and deny them further action....
You had no rear view?? Is that the next excuse?

This whole story is a blunt statement called in other parts of this planet a lie!
You expect we all believe you over our lying eyes??
Liar liar pants on fire song....

You a Red Bull athlete and re-present that brand - another reason to never drink that stuff....

Replacement String:
eleven minutes of babbbling bull **
¡Ay, caramba!****
¡Ay, caramba!****
¡Ay, caramba!****
¡Ay, caramba!**...his tracker wasnt working so he blew the corner, is he blind......and why didnt he lay on the siren and scare the **
¡Ay, caramba!****
¡Ay, caramba!****
¡Ay, caramba!****
¡Ay, caramba!** out of the guy the fricking pa spaeaker is right there, that would have at least told him to stop..
sad..................

Last edited by a moderator:

Wadsworth Motorsports

Before I say what I am going to say, this is exactly why I have an RDC account: to defend ourselves as a TT team when we are mislabeled by the masses (as I'm sure other TT teams will agree with what I am saying here now). This will be my only post in this thread, and I'm only doing it to clear the air for MY team.

When people on this forum and people involved with our sport question the integrity of "those TT racers", I take that both personally and to heart. You ask would we (I) stop in a pit and give up track position? I say this:

I came upon the Menzies pre-runner rolled over in a very bad spot in a high speed left turn around Gonzaga Bay. Although I disagree with their decision to take their pre-runner down the race course in front of me (I was 6th vehicle physically on the course at this point), creating dust I was having to drive through, they are my friends and a fellow competitor and I did what I would want someone to do for my team if that had happened. I stopped, didn't see any movement or anyone standing outside the vehicle, so I had my co-rider call to our airplane and I exited our truck and ran up to the pre-runner. 2 guys popped their heads and said they were perfectly fine. So, I jumped back in my truck, buckled in and continued down the course. What I didn't like seeing was 2 other TT's blow past Menzies and myself, not even slowing down and waiting for a wave from us that everything was ok. Also, what Menzies pre-runner did was perfectly legal to do. No harm no foul. I don't blame them at all, it's just racing in Baja...

I hate it when people lump ALL TT TEAMS into the "cheating" arena.

My team (#31) does NOT cheat. We haven't had a Helicopter in a race since 2006. I don't use a helicopter for this reason: so people can't say I talk to my chopper and that the chopper leads me thru the dust (which I know for a fact other teams do and have personally witnessed through numerous videos, although I HAVE NEVER DONE THIS even when we did have a helicopter). I don't take shortcuts that are illegal. My Chase trucks did not drive down the course to Coco's after the pavement ended.

We tell the guys driving our chase vehicles that THEY represent US, our family, and to never ever put anyone's life at risk. They are human, and some do make mistakes from time to time, but we make sure mistakes only happen once per person, and we try to make an example out of each situation (like Mark Weyrich did in the other thread).

My point is that SOME of us DO have integrity, both on and off the race track. I know that I would feel like crap if we won a race but knew that we cheated and won with an unfair advantage. We don't want to be labeled as cheaters or as "creative" racers. SOME of us DO play by the rules, as should everyone else. Unfortunately, people get creative and find ways around the rules.

Carry on with all this nonsense...
Solid post from Andy Mac, as usual

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Give me a break... Losers!!! Let it go already ....... Great to see this place hasn't changed ... Bunch of little hair splitting crying little beotches ........ Can one of u mods bury this dead horse

MALABANAN

Years back I blew through someones pit in BITD. The team complained on the radio, Casey immediately stopped me at the next check point, said my race was over. I begged, pleaded and apologized, it took about thirty minutes and he finally calmed down and I continued on and finished. I look back and think what a jack arse I was, selfish and could of hurt somebody. Admitting guilt is the first step in healing your addictions. In this case it's winning a Baja 1000.