• Forum membership has its advantages....

Vildosola caught cheating???

RHINOdan

Was this confirmed, that this particular event happened in the 1000??

Hhmm, lets see, the monster team came in second place and maybe they are trying to get the Red Bull team DQ'd? Just my observation....

manicmechanic

The guy in the back of the truck was just making shure the bumpers matched up so they could push another 6.0 ford into town.

Petepecas

I could care less how this turns out, but the irony of you having your own thread complaining about pit safety just 2 threads below this one is fantastic.

Pitting needs to be regulated and crews should be certified, but this technique is OK…
Do I have that right?
Glad to see how you follow me! ahaha! and, NO, I do not agree on what happened, what I said was BEFORE. looking at the video. If Vildósola is in the wrong, they should be penalized. Happy?

deano

McDeano
so much for reading 'EVERYONE esle's BAJA-STORIES' .... bbwwwahaaaaaaaaaaa This Thread FTW

Chas Moore

Cheating is cheating. He is in violation of several rules - end of dicussion. Inforce the rules SCORE.

luckazz

Stand-by....stand-by...wait for it.....wait for it.......Vildo gets disqualified then RIOTs IN BAJA MEXICO!!!! Gringos...run for your lives....
Nigg@ Please...

Some mexicans took that video, so RIOT was start since this team won.
Remember the story about a bunch of crabs in a bucket.

Pacololo

Glad to see how you follow me! ahaha! and, NO, I do not agree on what happened, what I said was BEFORE. looking at the video. If Vildósola is in the wrong, they should be penalized. Happy?
No stalking, just an observation...

Chainguide

FYI
I spoke with SCORE today with a general question regarding the results and this was their response "The results are official and final. The penalties have already been added in." However, they still may be pondering this one since video evidence has popped up, but that is just a guess.

J Prich

Nigg@ Please...

Some mexicans took that video, so RIOT was start since this team won.
Remember the story about a bunch of crabs in a bucket.
I personally don't know the story about the crabs in a bucket but I'd kind of like to hear it! I wish there wasnt so much drama in this thread, I'm guessing I'll never hear about the crabs.

jo maoma

Heisenberg
I personally don't know the story about the crabs in a bucket but I'd kind of like to hear it! I wish there wasnt so much drama in this thread, I'm guessing I'll never hear about the crabs.
i know the story well but can't for the live of me figure how it's the least bit applicable here...

volcom

rules should be rules and be taken seriously ,,but i guess ,,,if it would of ben robby im pretty sure he would of ben DQ'd by now..........

Moneypit

Whether Vildosola was faster or not, or didn't need these precious seconds, is all retrospect at this point. Did he need to do this to win? Obviuosly not, but the point was he was willing to do this to win. What if he won by 10 seconds? What would some of you think then? Come on, most on here aren't lawyers, so don't try and debate away what the rules are. Was this a pit STOP? No, he didn't STOP; but was it a PIT? Clearly YES. If PIT guys touch the truck during a race, its a PIT. Rules broken, dq (or at least 90min penalty), Bj won...pretty simple. Unfortunate, but simple.

More importantly, what would have happened if video surfaced of a Baja 1000 pit crew member falling out of the back of a truck, being run over by his driver, and possibly ripped apart like some stray dog across the highway? What would that do to our racing? No highway use ever again? The last point to point Baja 1000 race ever??? For what? So one guy could have a small advantage that may or may not help him win? Pretty inconsiderate to all. Creative? Yes; Out of the box? Yes; Selfish? Yes.

When I negotiate with people, I say "Don't be afraid to ask, just don't be afraid of my answer" So I say, go ahead and break the CLEAR rules, just don't be afraid of the consequences. I don't like to use the word "cheater" because that seems to imply lack of character or deception, and that description is not fitting for the Vildosolas; but I think this was a heat of the moment mistake (bad judgement) that could have killed someone and affected us all, and can't be overlooked.

I wouldn't be afriad of hurting somones feelings, about finishing order; this isn't cupcake wars, its trophy truck racing...*slap on the back*..."Nice try, but it cost you the win, see you at the 250, let's go have a beer"