• Forum membership has its advantages....

Vildosola caught cheating???

wheeli

Funny Guy from the North, eh
Redbull win tainted , score rules tainted , messican cheese tainted

Waylon805

More importantly, what would have happened if video surfaced of a Baja 1000 pit crew member falling out of the back of a truck, being run over by his driver, and possibly ripped apart like some stray dog across the highway? What would that do to our racing? No highway use ever again? The last point to point Baja 1000 race ever??? For what? So one guy could have a small advantage that may or may not help him win? Pretty inconsiderate to all. Creative? Yes; Out of the box? Yes; Selfish? Yes.

This sooo many times!

fatnbald

Whether Vildosola was faster or not, or didn't need these precious seconds, is all retrospect at this point. Did he need to do this to win? Obviuosly not, but the point was he was willing to do this to win. What if he won by 10 seconds? What would some of you think then? Come on, most on here aren't lawyers, so don't try and debate away what the rules are. Was this a pit STOP? No, he didn't STOP; but was it a PIT? Clearly YES. If PIT guys touch the truck during a race, its a PIT. Rules broken, dq (or at least 90min penalty), Bj won...pretty simple. Unfortunate, but simple.

More importantly, what would have happened if video surfaced of a Baja 1000 pit crew member falling out of the back of a truck, being run over by his driver, and possibly ripped apart like some stray dog across the highway? What would that do to our racing? No highway use ever again? The last point to point Baja 1000 race ever??? For what? So one guy could have a small advantage that may or may not help him win? Pretty inconsiderate to all. Creative? Yes; Out of the box? Yes; Selfish? Yes.

When I negotiate with people, I say "Don't be afraid to ask, just don't be afraid of my answer" So I say, go ahead and break the CLEAR rules, just don't be afraid of the consequences. I don't like to use the word "cheater" because that seems to imply lack of character or deception, and that description is not fitting for the Vildosolas; but I think this was a heat of the moment mistake (bad judgement) that could have killed someone and affected us all, and can't be overlooked.

I wouldn't be afriad of hurting somones feelings, about finishing order; this isn't cupcake wars, its trophy truck racing...*slap on the back*..."Nice try, but it cost you the win, see you at the 250, let's go have a beer"
yep....

danielgee504

You cannot un ring a bell, now BJ is the winner after the champagne has be opened the finish line party is over and everyone has left. The Best video coverage of the Baja 1000 was by the guys on the highway.

mean_green

Whether Vildosola was faster or not, or didn't need these precious seconds, is all retrospect at this point. Did he need to do this to win? Obviuosly not, but the point was he was willing to do this to win. What if he won by 10 seconds? What would some of you think then? Come on, most on here aren't lawyers, so don't try and debate away what the rules are. Was this a pit STOP? No, he didn't STOP; but was it a PIT? Clearly YES. If PIT guys touch the truck during a race, its a PIT. Rules broken, dq (or at least 90min penalty), Bj won...pretty simple. Unfortunate, but simple.

When I negotiate with people, I say "Don't be afraid to ask, just don't be afraid of my answer" So I say, go ahead and break the CLEAR rules, just don't be afraid of the consequences. I don't like to use the word "cheater" because that seems to imply lack of character or deception, and that description is not fitting for the Vildosolas; but I think this was a heat of the moment mistake (bad judgement) that could have killed someone and affected us all, and can't be overlooked.

I wouldn't be afriad of hurting somones feelings, about finishing order; this isn't cupcake wars, its trophy truck racing...*slap on the back*..."Nice try, but it cost you the win, see you at the 250, let's go have a beer"
Hit the nail on the head...

mexracer10

[video=facebook;402460576490408]http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=402460576490408[/video]
how about this one.

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Let's not forget Dan McMillin's legendary 4th place run! Congrats Dan!

Hahahaha yes! A legendary 4th it was!

4th overall at last years 1000
4th overall at the 500
5th overall to 4th overall at this years 1000

Order has been restored to the universe! Haha

mexracer10

I am all for creative pit stops if you have a shmuck on your team willing to do something crazy like work on the bumper at 60 mph so what, but these people watching the race early morning are completely innocent and are at no fault, its not like if the race truck was in the dust or could not see the wall of campers on either side of the course, this just pisses me the **
¡Ay, caramba!****
¡Ay, caramba!****
¡Ay, caramba!****
¡Ay, caramba!** off. Like that one year at San Felipe 250 where the class 1 ca lost it on zoo road whoops and went right through peoples camp running over their cooler and chairs totally uncalled for and unprofessional.

Expianista

[video=facebook;402460576490408]http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=402460576490408[/video]
how about this one.
Wow, kids around and all, even takes the shade down.... that is lame.
Could drive slow along the folks after missing the turn, they been not at the wrong spot, he was...

roostthemoon

Perma-ban the team. Once a cheater always a cheater. They cheated this year, they will cheat next year. And who knows if they will get someone hurt next time.

jim_moulton

FYI
I spoke with SCORE today with a general question regarding the results and this was their response "The results are official and final. The penalties have already been added in." However, they still may be pondering this one since video evidence has popped up, but that is just a guess.
Penalties what penalties? I.R.C. tracking is a joke and waste of money for all entries that are required to use it.

Mark_Weyhrich

Well that sums it up. Do I think this won him the race NO he was just faster then every one else that day!! But the rules state right there he should be Disqualifid. I am sure this is not the way BJ would want to win. But if you go by the rules BJ won the race!!!
That's often the irony of rulebreaking; most often it is the case that if you would have just done what you were supposed to, the results would have been the same. It often only works against you.

Pacololo

Perma-ban the team. Once a cheater always a cheater. They cheated this year, they will cheat next year. And who knows if they will get someone hurt next time.
Lets be reasonable here. That was the lamest post in here...

bajafox

Accepted

They should implement this in NASCAR too, lol

Jimmie Johnson would have been out a long time ago

tavo21

We have been monitoring this situation all morning long...The simple truth behind this video is that we have no reason to pit on the highway, risk our chances of winning our second Baja 1000 & defrauding the fans by doing something like this. This truck was not part of the Vildosola Racing chase crew, pit crew or otherwise. If we had an issue, where we needed to stop, prior to this happening we had our second pit (next to BFG) on the Puertecitos Highway section. Again, why would I risk breaking, a well known rule, which we have been accused of before (2011 Baja 500) pitting on the highway...These fans pulled in-front of us while we were running down the highway, Javi and I thought they were taking pictures, once we realized they were messing with our front bumper, I tried to move left but the other truck had boxed us in. Plus the guy was grabbing our front bumper, If we would have broken or swerved, then he would have fallen and as many of you describe, the situation would have been 1,000,000 times worst. As you can tell, on the video, as they are pulling away, the guy in Spanish is saying "go, go, go"!!! They were definitely trying to do something...Our next pit was at Coco's, we have video evidence that we stopped there to check what these guys had tried to do...
Vildosola Racing does not have a history of cheating, we have never cheated and would never risk a Baja 1000 by pitting on the highway, I would have just stopped at our the Puertecitos pit a couple of miles before...
We will be on Totally Off-Road radio tonight addressing the same questions about our indisputable win at the Baja 1000

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
Penalties what penalties? I.R.C. tracking is a joke and waste of money for all entries that are required to use it.
Ditto...a totally uncalled for cost to everyone racing!!! There is little safety in the tracker except for a "911" function in remote areas...but by time they get to you, you'll probably be dead anyway. Better off requiring REAL first-aid training, head restraints, fireproof gloves, firepoof boots, and double layer suits...

SoCalRally

If I was SCORE, I'd probably let the Vildosolas keep the win, but penalize them, say, 20 starting positions from starting position drawn (or make them start last of the TTs) at the next Baja 1k they enter.