• Forum membership has its advantages....

Vildosola caught cheating???

erikpn

Just because that truck has a 21 doesn't mean they're Vildósola's chase truck, today on my way home I'll probably see about 5 trucks with that number (I live in Mexicali) and another 3 with a Speed stickers and 4 with Monter stickers and that doesn't mean they pit for them. They're not even wearing Vildo's t-shirts.

ace_photo

GET SOME
Just because that truck has a 21 doesn't mean they're Vildósola's chase truck, today on my way home I'll probably see about 5 trucks with that number (I live in Mexicali) and another 3 with a Speed stickers and 4 with Monter stickers and that doesn't mean they pit for them. They're not even wearing Vildo's t-shirts.
If it wasn't a team member do you actually think the driver would let them touch the truck??? No horn, gun the throttle, nada???

HIGHLY doubtful...

J_Edgar

This is a valid point. However, if you are driving down the road in your TT and someone passes you then slows down, crawls out the back window and appears to start working on your bumper, what are you going to do? Now in your statement above they may not know anyone in the truck, but would you let them touch your truck running down the highway? Let alone maintain your speed to stay in position so that this person you do not know can do something to your front bumper?

ML Racer

???? You talking about the 21 on the black truck in the video, or the 21 on the Red Bull truck??? or you you saying the black truck was really belonged to the 97 team and they were trying to slow the 21 truck down so BJ could catch up!??

dan200

#BSF200
OOOOOHHHH GOODIE!

"This was all a conspiracy. The guys in the truck were from a rival team. The video was an elaborate scheme to fool the general public and of course, the race officials, into thinking this really happened at the 1000. But, in actuality this video shows a replica of the Vildosola truck, the people in the video are actors and the whole thing was filmed just outside of Barstow.

The whole concept was basically stolen from the movie "Oceans Eleven".

Its soo obvious. LOL:rolleyes:

erikpn

???? You talking about the 21 on the black truck in the video, or the 21 on the Red Bull truck??? or you you saying the black truck was really belonged to the 97 team and they were trying to slow the 21 truck down so BJ could catch up!??
The 21 on the black truck of course. But that's a valid point your making there, the black truck is probably's BJs chaser trying to slow him down lol...

I haven't seen the video so I can't really see what they did to the truck, but the truck had no lights in the front as you can hear the guy on the pit on my pit video so I don't really think there was anything to fix in the front.

shrek

This is from Tavo Vildosola.....I am posting on his behalf as he is not able to post for some reason.....

We have been monitoring this situation all morning long...The simple truth behind this video is that we have no reason to pit on the highway, risk our chances of winning our second Baja 1000 & defrauding the fans by doing something like this. This truck was not part of the Vildosola Racing chase crew, pit crew or otherwise. If we had an issue, where we needed to stop, prior to this happening we had our second pit (next to BFG) on the Puertecitos Highway section. Again, why would I risk breaking, a well known rule, which we have been accused of before (2011 Baja 500) pitting on the highway...These fans pulled in-front of us while we were running down the highway, Javi and I thought they were taking pictures, once we realized they were messing with our front bumper, I tried to move left but the other truck had boxed us in. Plus the guy was grabbing our front bumper, If we would have broken or swerved, then he would have fallen and as many of you describe, the situation would have been 1,000,000 times worst. As you can tell, on the video, as they are pulling away, the guy in Spanish is saying "go, go, go"!!! They were definitely trying to do something...Our next pit was at Coco's, we have video evidence that we stopped there to check what these guys had tried to do...
Vildosola Racing does not have a history of cheating, we have never cheated and would never risk a Baja 1000 by pitting on the highway, I would have just stopped at our the Puertecitos pit a couple of miles before...
We will be on Totally Off-Road radio tonight addressing the same questions about our indisputable win at the Baja 1000

Bro_Gill

Wait, Mexicans cheat in Mexico? Americans never cheat up here! (tongue in cheek for those who can't figure it out)

Reality, Vildosola cheated and needs to pay the penalty just like all others who get caught. For those who say let it go, then why even have rules in the first place? If SCORE wants to set the penalty so that Vildosola keeps their win after hammering others in the past, then at least all the racers are aware that you are not only racing Baja down there, you also get to race La Raza, maybe figure you need to win by at least 16 minutes to guaranty a win if you aren't a local. Make sense? Otherwise, if nothing is done and everything is left to stand, then SCORE basically loses all credibility as a promoter since they won't even stand by their own rules and play favorites. Capiche?

erikpn

OOOOOHHHH GOODIE!

"This was all a conspiracy. The guys in the truck were from a rival team. The video was an elaborate scheme to fool the general public and of course, the race officials, into thinking this really happened at the 1000. But, in actuality this video shows a replica of the Vildosola truck, the people in the video are actors and the whole thing was filmed just outside of Barstow.

The whole concept was basically stolen from the movie "Oceans Eleven".

Its soo obvious. LOL:rolleyes:
lol... I was not talking about the TT which is clearly Vildósola's, I was talking about the black truck in front of them.

BrianReno

This is from Tavo Vildosola.....I am posting on his behalf as he is not able to post for some reason.....

We have been monitoring this situation all morning long...The simple truth behind this video is that we have no reason to pit on the highway, risk our chances of winning our second Baja 1000 & defrauding the fans by doing something like this. This truck was not part of the Vildosola Racing chase crew, pit crew or otherwise. If we had an issue, where we needed to stop, prior to this happening we had our second pit (next to BFG) on the Puertecitos Highway section. Again, why would I risk breaking, a well known rule, which we have been accused of before (2011 Baja 500) pitting on the highway...These fans pulled in-front of us while we were running down the highway, Javi and I thought they were taking pictures, once we realized they were messing with our front bumper, I tried to move left but the other truck had boxed us in. Plus the guy was grabbing our front bumper, If we would have broken or swerved, then he would have fallen and as many of you describe, the situation would have been 1,000,000 times worst. As you can tell, on the video, as they are pulling away, the guy in Spanish is saying "go, go, go"!!! They were definitely trying to do something...Our next pit was at Coco's, we have video evidence that we stopped there to check what these guys had tried to do...
Vildosola Racing does not have a history of cheating, we have never cheated and would never risk a Baja 1000 by pitting on the highway, I would have just stopped at our the Puertecitos pit a couple of miles before...
We will be on Totally Off-Road radio tonight addressing the same questions about our indisputable win at the Baja 1000​
NOPE, Try agian...

Kolman

We will be on Totally Off-Road radio tonight addressing the same questions about our indisputable win at the Baja 1000

And what about the video tearing through someones camp and knocking over their easy up?

Jacob7672

Nimrod de Ashcraft

No horn/siren? Very hard to believe.