Vildosola Racing Sponsors Kids Coloring Book to Raise Off Road Awareness

Baja_Seve

This is pretty cool. A Mexican off-road fan has created a kid's coloring book to raise awareness and describe dangers and precautions when spectating off-road races in Baja. Distro'd to kids in Ojos Negros and Valle de Trinidad initially. Awesome way to plant the seeds early and educate local youngsters. Kudos to Rubén Elizalde and Vildosola Racing for spearheading this.
Ensenada.Net :: Noticias ::

A Coloring Book to Raise Child Awareness of Off Road Races

For the first time, a citizen undertook the task of launching a campaign to raise children's awareness of the precautions which have to be taken when visiting the off road races which are held twice per year in Ensenada.

Rubén Elizalde, an employee of a large tourism sector business and a fan of the most important sport in the municipality, initiated this project by himself, without any financial resources.

He designed a coloring book with the goal to raise consciousness in children, mainly those who live in the less popular districts, which are least bestowed with souvenirs given out during the events.

The book is called "Calzonman y Choyonsito," and it is a 10-page book which addresses several themes relative to prevention and the loss of human lives, ecological damage and robberies during and prior to the race.

"The intention is to teach the children about the dangers and precautions they have to take when viewing the races from up close," said Rubén in a press conference.

Emotionally, he added that the response from some racers was immediate, and above all the students of schools located in Ojos Negros and Valle de Trinidad.

The Vildosola Racing Team sponsored the first publication, but more participation from other sponsors is expected, either from racers or businesses.

I do not know how to obtain a copy or who to contact with regards to future sponsorship - maybe someone from Vildosola or Ensenada can chime in.

Hat tip Jesus Juarez Torres.

Sheaco

Will there be one in English?

CORAL'S BELLMAN

what does the coloring book look like??
This is pretty cool. A Mexican off-road fan has created a kid's coloring book to raise awareness and describe dangers and precautions when spectating off-road races in Baja. Distro'd to kids in Ojos Negros and Valle de Trinidad initially. Awesome way to plant the seeds early and educate local youngsters. Kudos to Rubén Elizalde and Vildosola Racing for spearheading this.
Ensenada.Net :: Noticias ::

A Coloring Book to Raise Child Awareness of Off Road Races

For the first time, a citizen undertook the task of launching a campaign to raise children's awareness of the precautions which have to be taken when visiting the off road races which are held twice per year in Ensenada.

Rubén Elizalde, an employee of a large tourism sector business and a fan of the most important sport in the municipality, initiated this project by himself, without any financial resources.

He designed a coloring book with the goal to raise consciousness in children, mainly those who live in the less popular districts, which are least bestowed with souvenirs given out during the events.

The book is called "Calzonman y Choyonsito," and it is a 10-page book which addresses several themes relative to prevention and the loss of human lives, ecological damage and robberies during and prior to the race.

"The intention is to teach the children about the dangers and precautions they have to take when viewing the races from up close," said Rubén in a press conference.

Emotionally, he added that the response from some racers was immediate, and above all the students of schools located in Ojos Negros and Valle de Trinidad.

The Vildosola Racing Team sponsored the first publication, but more participation from other sponsors is expected, either from racers or businesses.

I do not know how to obtain a copy or who to contact with regards to future sponsorship - maybe someone from Vildosola or Ensenada can chime in.

Hat tip Jesus Juarez Torres.

Helping to promote safe spectating of off-road racing in Baja. Teaching lessons through a coloring / comic book geared towards the younger fans in Baja!The Offroad Adventures of Calzonman & Choyonsito

Sheaco

randy s

met ruben last evening at the coral...heluva nice man with a love for the sport and a genuine concern for race safety regarding the fans and the kids in particular..everyone can comment on rdc about how fans should act at zoo road, the wash and through the borrego crossing, but here's a guy who's done something positive to educate folks about the dangers of crowding the course on raceday..his is a noble cause and several of the large teams have talked about stepping up and helping him with publishing more copies but he's waiting for the baja 500 for some backing when the heavy hitters filter in in june..he could use all the help he can get so please use the contact info he's given and kick down a few pesos and give the guy a hand spreading the news and get the kids some coloring books....perhaps a rdc coloring book competition is in order to help ruben out..he does good work and he cares..

sb4pro

Didn't say it was a competition , just saying I'm surprised he didn't come up with that idea . I think what Acer does is fantastic .

randy s

I didn't realize it was a competition. Glad to see so many racers giving back.
ruben said that some teams have said that they would help out but so far none have stepped up..he's waiting for the 500 when they start showing up..what he really would like to do is expand the distribution of the coloring books to include some more areas along the courses like san matias etc..the more coloring books out there, the better informed everyone will be on the dangers of getting too close..it would be wrong to single out any specific teams to help him out but i hope some will step up to help ruben get this done..he's put a lot of thought and hard work into it and he's a huge fan of racing and kids.

CORAL'S BELLMAN

Hola Mushashos, como estan??, thank you all so much for all your positive coments and feedback, it is so important for me to let everyone know that on book #1 Jesse Jones and Vildosolas Fam. helped me to start this big little project, so thanx to them I got 1000 books printed and visited kids on the outsides of Ensenada, Valle de Trinidad, Heroes de la Independencia and Ojos Negros, few more here in diferent areas OF town. You need to go back to your early 5 or 6 years of age to understand the story clearly of book #1, LOVE OFFROAD, GET MOMS PERMISSION, WASH YOUR TEETH, TAKE CARE OF YOUR PETS, PREVENT ACCIDENTS INVOLVING ANIMALS, LOVE OFFROAD. Book #2 is sponsored again by Jesse Jones, and new sponsors GREEN ARMY MTSP and TERRIBLE HERBST MTSP, we will be all over B500 tech giving books to kids, so we will se you there, GRACIAS.