• Forum membership has its advantages....

Vintage '74 Chevy step side NORRA race truck

oldiron

If you're looking for a vintage race truck to participate in NORRA and other vintage races this truck might be for you. The truck is a '74 Chevy step side 4 x 4. I I've been preparing this truck to race with my sons in the vintage classes for the last couple of years. Events have changed and I will be selling the truck. I'm currently hanging the sheet metal back on. I've read the proposed new NORRA rules and the truck could run in two classes. Here are the spec's for the truck. Chrome moly cage, Full time 4 x 4, new Mogi built 400 turbo trans with external cooler, Winters shifter. Dana 60 rear end with Ford Brakes new ring and pinion 4:56 ratio, front Dana 44 with Willwood calipers. Bypass shocks rebuilt by Bilstein. New fuel cell. Race radio, Parker pumper, PRP seats. New steering box. 421 SBC all new internals with external cooler, new racing Holley carb. The truck was raced in the Score series in '94 & '95. There was one class win at the Firecracker 250. The truck will be finished in primer for your own color preference. Everyone likes the race trucks and this one is fun, fast and affordable. Thank you for your interest.

Last edited:
Too bad you have to sell it. That thing is sweet!

You have any more pics? I'm building a step side K10 that I hope to race somewhere in the next couple years.