Vintage Air Systems..... (A/C & Heater)

motoxscott

Reaction
Is their any place in LA that is really familiar with setting up Vintage Air A/C and heater systems in prerunners?

Or anyone here that has done it that wouldnt mind answering some questions ?

Thanks,

-Scott

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Scott Spindola put it in his ranger...contact him through the baja shop

K5Blazer

Reaction
Give the Air Shop in Santa Ana a call. They have done a ton of work for the dealer I work at and do a great job.

Gabe Lara

Reaction
The So-Cal Speed Shop in Pomona deals them as well.
They had a Vintage Air seminar there about a month ago.

-Gabe

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
What is vintage air? i took my A/C and blower and all my a/c stuff out last year after summer before i had my coilovers installed. it would be nice especially during the hot hot days to have some air flow and on rainy days have some sort of heat and defroster. is this type of system something i should look in to? whats a price range on something like this?

Gregg

Timmah

Reaction
Vintage air makes stand alone a/c systems for the hotrod guys, but some have put them in prerunners due to their smaller size and the ability to relocate the blower housing and other components out of the way!

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
still confused. vitage air is a manufacture of the system correct? is the system the old school out the window a/c from like the 50's? or is it something that just uses existing ducts just withte blowermounted somewhere else? does it run off the motor, via a belt? does it use the stock compressor ? or is it self contained system?

Gregg

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Gregg, yes its a self contained system that comes with ducting and vents, it runs off a belt and the unit is about 10" deep and 20" wide. It will fit cleanly up in an aluminun dash.

Check out the site.

Vintage Air

jeff

Reaction
Anybody have a wholesale (less than retail?) source for Vintage Air products? I need one ASAP.

Aloha

philofab

Powered by Optima
Reaction
There are other companies that have the same kind of products.... Hot Rod Air, Southern Air, Ect. Vintage Air is the most well known and expencive.

jeff

Reaction
I want something that won't fall apart during the first few trips. If Vintage Air is more expensive and worth it I don't have an issue with spending a few more bucks.

Does anyone have an IN with any of the above mentioned companies? I need an underdash (generic) AC/Heater and I need it ASAP.

Aloha

jeff

Reaction
I talked to Vintage Air... the rep I talked with said the Mark IV Magnum system is very sensitive to dust. The ECU can easily be fried if it gets dirty, wet, etc. He said that a few systems have shorted out from body filler dust while a car has been sitting inside a shop. That sounds WAY too fragile for a prerunner. So I'm looking for a Gen II or similar system.

Aloha

Kbach66

Reaction
I talked to Vintage Air... the rep I talked with said the Mark IV Magnum system is very sensitive to dust. The ECU can easily be fried if it gets dirty, wet, etc. He said that a few systems have shorted out from body filler dust while a car has been sitting inside a shop. That sounds WAY too fragile for a prerunner. So I'm looking for a Gen II or similar system.

Aloha
Jeff,
I've got a universal system that I bought a while ago for a prerunner project that never got finished. I don't remeber if it's AC/heat, or just air....I'll check.
I don't even remember if it's a Vintage Air brand or not. Would you be interested even if it isn't VA?

I'll look at it later today and get back to you.

charlie_brown

Reaction
i have a "hot rod" air system in my ranger. i put it in about 2 yrs ago and have not had any problems with it. you need to add extra bracing for the fan unit to hold up good or the plastic case will brake.

Kbach66

Reaction
Jeff,
I've got a universal system that I bought a while ago for a prerunner project that never got finished. I don't remeber if it's AC/heat, or just air....I'll check.
I don't even remember if it's a Vintage Air brand or not. Would you be interested even if it isn't VA?

I'll look at it later today and get back to you.
Jeff isn't interested in this one...if anybody is, PM me for info/pics.

Universal AC/heater. Complete with everything --> condensor/evap/drier/lines/fittings/controls/compressor. Basically everything but the freon and brackets. It will be in the classifieds soon. $350

clogking

Reaction
Jeff
I have a vintage air in my prerunner. It has worked very good for the last three years. Prerunning Baja 3 times a year. I know it's at least 5 years old.I just blow it out every time.

jeff

Reaction
I'm looking for a combo unit that has A/C - Heat - Defrost.

Max, any chance your Vintage Air is a combo unit? Any idea which model it is?

Aloha

charlie_brown

Reaction
I'm looking for a combo unit that has A/C - Heat - Defrost.

Max, any chance your Vintage Air is a combo unit? Any idea which model it is?

Aloha
check this web site http://www.hotrodair.com/ this where i got mine. 835. for the kit. you can get an add-on intake filter to filter out the air before it goes in to the unit. thats what kills these when the dust plugs up the evaporator then the fan cant blow the air out the vents. its the same unit that kevin davis has on his ranger prerunner that Dom Picone built.