vintage class 6 SUV

jimpat

RDC Crypto
Website
reocities.com
we are going to restore the 68 Blazer that we ran in class 6 till the end of the class and then had to run class8.
Besides NORRA 1000 are there any other racing associations that run vintage classes?
We would like to race the Blazer again in class 6.
thanks
jim patelli

retroblazer

RDC Crypto
Throw some pics up for those that are born after 1990. No sanctioning body currently offers a "vintage class", but almost all of them will take your money. Racing in Class 3, I have always found that picking up the phone (I'm old)and calling other drivers is the best way to get a field, but as you're doing now,gets the ball rolling.
What's your best guess on having the car race ready?

Last edited:
Advertising supports this site

jimpat

RDC Crypto
Website
reocities.com
some photos from the past...
1laughlin jump.jpg
baja summit.jpg
1laughlin jump.jpg
baja summit.jpg
BAJA1000 -93.jpg
blaze nite pix.jpg

retroblazer

RDC Crypto
It would be fun to see it run. Did you race against Evan Evans when he ran his Cl 6 Blazer, and do you have any idea if his car is still in one piece? I still have four or five months yet before I'll be able to race my Cl 3 Blazer, but I'd be happy join you in a vintage class race sometime.

Advertising supports this site

jimpat

RDC Crypto
Website
reocities.com
yes, we raced Evans, Le Duc and many of the now TT and Lucas series guys..beat a few of them too.
I don\t remember what Evans did with his blazer.
Do you have photos of yours?
jim

GATRELL

RDC Crypto
It would be fun to see it run. Did you race against Evan Evans when he ran his Cl 6 Blazer, and do you have any idea if his car is still in one piece? I still have four or five months yet before I'll be able to race my Cl 3 Blazer, but I'd be happy join you in a vintage class race sometime.

GATRELL

RDC Crypto
Don't quote me but I think Evan told me his Blazer ended up in Australia but its been a couple of years since that conversation.

GATRELL

RDC Crypto
Just a thought......what about the possibility of Class 3 allowing "old school class 6 cars" that were truly old school, to be run with the 3's to boost car counts as long as they met possible wheelbase and travel rules? If I remember right, 3's and 6's weren't all that much different in finishing times....will have to check archives.

jimpat

RDC Crypto
Website
reocities.com
agree the blazer is short wheel base 2 wheel drive and coil suspension where the 4WD were leaf springs suspended.
I still have the pink from Parnelli Jones, we were neighbors in Palos Verdes back then and we raced at Indy against each other.